• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yours, Mine and Ours ( OU )

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Hey guys. i haven't posted a team on here in a while so i thought it was time to post another one again. i initially made this team for a friend and i really liked it so i also used it as my team. So far i really haven't encountered anything that counters the team. rain teams can be a pain though. Anyway, on with the team!

tyranitar.png
(M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This guy can be a beats when he sets up. Destroying almost everything in his path. I use the air ballon on this set because it could come in on an earthquake from, lets say a landorus and be able to set up. if anyone can think of anything better please let me know. i know the normal set would be SE, Crunch and Fire punch but i saw this set somewhere and decided to try it out, and it really works rather well. still hitting most things. i might still change back though because the loss of a powerful STAB move can hurt it sometimes. also note i don't always lead with him.

gengar.png
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Next up on my team is Gengar. He is on my team because he brings a few very good immunitys to my team. it has normal sweeper ev's and the leftovers is for recovery from sand storm damage. I have been thinking of using black sludge over LO but i don't know if it would make a big difference. It's a substitute 3 attack gengar. i sub up when i get in and hopefully prepare to take out a few pokemon. the moves provide the best coverage they can. Shadow ball and Focus Blast providing neutral damage on everything while thunderbolt just adds to that. the only thing i've been thinking is changing sub for another move. i use it but not as much as i can so i might replace it for something. Firstly i had this as a jellicent.

celebi.png
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

This can probably be most most favourite player on the team at times. It is so annoying with thunder wave and recover and is also very bulky. Not to much to say about this pokemon though. her two moves provide pretty good coverage, about the best you can get with 2 attacking moves. i can also use this as my status absorber because of natural cure. yeah, overall a very good pokemon for the team.

heatran.png
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Together with my celebi, these to pokemon form a good physical and special defensive wall. And even with my Rotom-w they form a F-W-G combo. Again not to much to say. It's my special wall on my team and also absorbs fire attacks. lava plume for the chance to burn, toxic for other special attackers. protect to predict my opponent and to wear them down with toxic and burn. stealth rock if i get the chance to put it down, but it can really help some of my other pokemon later in the match.

scizor.png
(M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Quick Attack / Pursuit

This together with my Rotom-W form a very strong force on their own with U-turn and Volt switch. Scizor is for hitting things hard. Bullet punch can dent plenty of things with band and technician. U-turn is lethal if the opponent doesn't resist it. Super power is for steels that i can't hit with the other moves and finally quick attack for other pokemon that i can't hit properly with BP or pursuit to i can catch pokemon like latios on the switch.

Spr_5b_479W.png
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

The last and final member of my team. Like i said, pairs up good with scizor. this thing can also take advantage of any rain i encounter by pumping out hard hitting hydro pumps. Volt switch and HP ice form a pseudo BoltBeam combo and trick is for halting anyone i can't get past. Scarf lets me have a revenge killer on the team and out speeds a lot of pokemon.

So guys, that's my team. Rate it away and comment with anything you think i should change. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Your team doesn't deal with dragons very well. Any Dragon with a set up move and Earthquake will destroy your team. Perhaps something like ferrothorn would help with that.

Zaiker42

Intermediate Trainer
So basically DD Dragonite or Salamence, right Ninja?
Or I guess CM Lati twins...

Rotom-W could easily counter them by either locking them into their setup moves through Trick or just HP Icing them to death.

As far as I can tell, this is a pretty solid team. Has a good F-W-G combo, that Volt-Turn strategy with Rotom and Scizor that's so popular nowadays, and all that fun stuff.

Overall, I think it's a sweet team. Props to you.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
I would definitely recommend the black sludge, as if something tries to take your item, it will cripple it, and it still does the same healing anyway. Also, everything else i had to say has been covered. Good team apart from that.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Your team doesn't deal with dragons very well. Any Dragon with a set up move and Earthquake will destroy your team. Perhaps something like ferrothorn would help with that.
Yeah, who would i replace with ferrothorn with if i changed him and would there be any other counters to dragons i could use?

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
that's almost exactly my VGC gengar......right down to the EV's

I went with Sub, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and Sludge Wave/Bomb - though I also got blasted for bypassing Shadow Ball.

Your Tbolt covers most dragons (Flygon ::cough:: ) but if you were going to switch out a non-STAB move (like Sub) pick up Sludge Bomb. Another option is also Thunder over Tbolt, especially if you're pointing this at VGC as Rain teams are very heavy this year and Thunder bumps to 100 accuracy in Rain.

Sub is best used as a set-up. I use it to set for Energy Ball which has a shot at reducing the target's SD. Sub defends/dodges while waiting for that effect to activate, once it does Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast can then lay on some boosted hurt. If you use Sludge Wave (DW) note that it hits the partner, too.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Don't give Gengar BS, Trickers will just trick it back to another member of your team when they get the chance, so in fact it's only helping your opponent.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
that's almost exactly my VGC gengar......right down to the EV's

I went with Sub, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and Sludge Wave/Bomb - though I also got blasted for bypassing Shadow Ball.

Your Tbolt covers most dragons (Flygon ::cough:: ) but if you were going to switch out a non-STAB move (like Sub) pick up Sludge Bomb. Another option is also Thunder over Tbolt, especially if you're pointing this at VGC as Rain teams are very heavy this year and Thunder bumps to 100 accuracy in Rain.

Sub is best used as a set-up. I use it to set for Energy Ball which has a shot at reducing the target's SD. Sub defends/dodges while waiting for that effect to activate, once it does Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast can then lay on some boosted hurt. If you use Sludge Wave (DW) note that it hits the partner, too.
Thanks for your suggestions. just to let you know though this team is not for VGC's. i'll test out some of the ideas you have then i'll post my thoughts on them.

also with LO and Black sludge, i figured that LO worked best with my team.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
ill do a full blown rate later, but just some things i noticed:

on tyranitar either run chople or lum berry it is based on which u prefer, chople can help u deal with those pesky mach punchers that seriously hurt tyranitar sweeps, while lum berry lets u set up on soooooo many more pokemon. I would also reccomend replacing thunderbolt with disable disable lets u beat tentacruel who is becoming all the more popular, and thunderbolt wasnt really letting u hit anything important. with disable, you can beat nearly any spinner(barring starmie in rain), and countless other pokes. i really only saw tbolt usefull for tentacruel and like i said disable gengar can usually beat tenta. Lastly you may want to try leaf storm over giga drain The defensive celebi needs the power leaf storm provides, and due to the constant switching in battles, the -2 sp attack drop is usually offsetted.

but anyways i hope i was helpful and GL

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
ill do a full blown rate later, but just some things i noticed:

on tyranitar either run chople or lum berry it is based on which u prefer, chople can help u deal with those pesky mach punchers that seriously hurt tyranitar sweeps, while lum berry lets u set up on soooooo many more pokemon. I would also reccomend replacing thunderbolt with disable disable lets u beat tentacruel who is becoming all the more popular, and thunderbolt wasnt really letting u hit anything important. with disable, you can beat nearly any spinner(barring starmie in rain), and countless other pokes. i really only saw tbolt usefull for tentacruel and like i said disable gengar can usually beat tenta. Lastly you may want to try leaf storm over giga drain The defensive celebi needs the power leaf storm provides, and due to the constant switching in battles, the -2 sp attack drop is usually offsetted.

but anyways i hope i was helpful and GL
Thanks for the rate DU, i'll try all the suggestions out and see how they go.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
Thanks for your suggestions. just to let you know though this team is not for VGC's. i'll test out some of the ideas you have then i'll post my thoughts on them.

also with LO and Black sludge, i figured that LO worked best with my team.

That's fine...Gengar is versatile enough to swing both ways. Figured I would cover the bases just in case ;)

I'm putting BS on mine for VGC, but I can see where LO could work well, too....suggestion: play test them both and see what works for you.