• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Youtube - Jittery Video

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
So I've been looking around, and I can't quite find an answer to my problem anywhere.

I'm trying to start a YouTube channel, but keep running into a particular problem. After uploading a video to youtube, the FPS is fine, and the picture of the video is also fine, however, the video itself is jittery (this is very noticeable when uploading a game involving lots of side scrolling), and I am constantly getting dropped frames, and lag through out the video.

I've tried uploading at different FPS (even though youtube makes all videos 29.97 FPS anyways), and multiple formats. Nothing has worked.

The funny thing about the videos uploaded is that when I re-download them from youtube, they seem to not have any problems with being jittery.

Here is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLQFB8xu7Bc

(Skip to around 20 seconds in to see what I am talking about ;045;)

Also, just as a note.

I'm using fraps to record my 3DS capture card, and editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Yami Ron

Elite Member
I don't see any jitters in the FPS Test. Do you give YouTube time to upscale the upload of the video into the other progressive resolutions? Sometimes you may have to force the playback into 480p or higher mode.

Are you recording the video interlaced or progressive? Recording interlaced may lead to some of the jittering too because it has to downscale accordingly.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
I don't see any jitters in the FPS Test. Do you give YouTube time to upscale the upload of the video into the other progressive resolutions? Sometimes you may have to force the playback into 480p or higher mode.

Are you recording the video interlaced or progressive? Recording interlaced may lead to some of the jittering too because it has to downscale accordingly.

I using fraps, and exporting with Adobe Premiere Pro is progressive. As far as I can tell, Fraps is also progressive.
It also has nothing to do with giving youtube time, as the video is still jittery to me in 1080p. The video should be scrolling smoothly, but it's not, and seems to be choppy.