• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Youtube Ranters

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
Just goes to show how easy it is to change the opinion of just one person. I guess it's also how people started believing in the whole 2010 and Y2k thing.

Zazie

So 1991
Forgive me for not taking seriously a person who advises people to focus on "what's awesome" rather than what's not ideal and needs to be fixed. You are a self-righteous optimist and you cannot see the blatant truth that youtube ranters in fact provide quality to the website.

The problem is a great deal of these youtube ranters criticism has little to do with constructive criticism and a lot to do with *****ing and moaning about things they don't like. Not to mention most youtube ranters rarely have anything new to say, almost all of it has been repeated ad naseum all over the internet.

Also, when did I ever ask to be taken seriously? What's wrong with focusing on what's awesome? How is complaining about something being optimistic? How is youtube ranter providing quality a blatant truth when most of the posters in the thread believe otherwise?

And cut the internet tough-guy crap.

Opinion comes to mind.

When it comes to something you enjoy, someone else might hate it and vice-versa. It's hard to prove something is good when someone's opinion of it is low.

But when something's bad, you can certainly prove that. A movie full of bad acting? Easily pointing out certain scenes can show just how horrid the acting can be. What about a bad game? Glitches and broken gameplay can prove that. Even acting and writing.

All it comes down to is how it can be done. Sometimes, having both isn't so bad compared to having just one or the other.

That is a good point, it is harder to criticize something than praise it. I don't think someone should be afraid to say they like something on the internet just because someone might not like it, however. I don't really have a problem with negative opinions as much as frothing at the mouth rage over things you don't particularly care for, most content of that sort doesn't produce anything of value, only flamewars.

Last edited:
The problem is a great deal of these youtube ranters criticism has little to do with constructive criticism and a lot to do with *****ing and moaning about things they don't like. Not to mention most youtube ranters rarely have anything new to say, almost all of it has been repeated ad naseum all over the internet.
And cut the internet tough-guy crap.

There is no problem. Don't fix what's not broken.

Also, when did I ever ask to be taken seriously? What's wrong with focusing on what's awesome? How is complaining about something being optimistic? How is youtube ranter providing quality a blatant truth when most of the posters in the thread believe otherwise?

If you don't want to be taken seriously, don't post. You're now in a compulsive-defensive state not proving any point but actually defending yourself from the implication(s) of my previous statement. I won't be surprised if you have to resort to ad hominem for the sole purpose of saving face.

You are not complaining about something. You are ranting for the sake of ranting, in a "pot calling the kettle black" scenario. You say that most people in this thread believe otherwise. Believe me when I say the opinion(s) of the other posters in this thread are facetious and unimportant. They are akin to the "youtube ranters" you are so bent on criticizing and defacing. You defend the very nature of those whom you choose to attack.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
You are not complaining about something. You are ranting for the sake of ranting, in a "pot calling the kettle black" scenario. You say that most people in this thread believe otherwise. Believe me when I say the opinion(s) of the other posters in this thread are facetious and unimportant. They are akin to the "youtube ranters" you are so bent on criticizing and defacing. You defend the very nature of those whom you choose to attack.

Obviously I am not making things much better by ranting about people ranting. (I understand the irony)

As you can see from my first post in this thread, I am quite aware of my hypocrisy in ranting about youtube ranters. Feel free to criticize me about it all you want, I just want to clarify that I am aware of it. As far as I'm concerned complaining and ranting are the same thing as well, but maybe the two terms have distinct connotations I am not aware of.

Anyway, I never said that the opinions of the people posting here were important, just that their differing opinions mean it isn't obvious fact that youtube ranters are the best thing about the site as you previous post suggests. If it really was obvious there would be a lot less people claiming that youtube ranters are of poor quality. There is no objective yardstick-like measurement for quality. Can you give any reasons why you think youtube ranters are such a boon to the website? ("Because I say so" isn't a good reason) I would say most youtube ranters are of low quality due to a) Many of them lack originality and bring up the same points that have been mentioned on the internet multiple times, b) Many are ill-informed on the subject they are ranting on c) Sturgeons Law (which applies to pretty much everything)

And you still haven't pointed out what's wrong with focusing your energy on thing's you like. I would say poisting positive video's can be beneficial. Say you get this cool new game that nobody's ever heard heard of any you want to do a review about how awesome it is. Say it catches my interest and I try out the game and enjoy it. I wouldn't have known about such a great game if you didn't make a video talling me about it. (Not that video's criticizing things can't be useful well, but I feel as if there is an excess of such content on the internet particularly compared to more positive videos)

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
jpmetz is the only "ranter" I watch on YouTube, so I don't know if I have much of an opinion on anyone else. I think her rants are worth watching just since she purposefully makes them funny and such.

Although I did watch BigAl after reading some posts here, and I can't stand him. Just sayin'.

LeLouch Lawliet

LeLouch and C.C.
I think the TheAmazingAtheist is cool and funny ranter. However the guy on YouTube that does the Ten F You [Insert topic] videos is a bad ranter.

SuperSkitty

to the rescue !
I watch some of them, the ones that aren't completely unreasonable.
Most of the ranters don't care about issue they talk about enough to actually do some good research.
They probably just want to get more views and become famous. :p
So that is why don't watch them. And also people who can't take critism, and uses the word 'haters' too much.

It depends on what they're ranting about. I don't want to listen to people rant about how "Those Paki scum should go back to where they came from". And I think most people would agree.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I love Youtube ranters, the only reason being that when you're at a low point in life you take one look at them, and feel better about yourself.

The only decent ranters on Youtube are ones that have their own personal websites off it anyway.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Some rant videos are cruel but funny because they really do give people a taste of harsh truth, others are just trolling videos.

Dattebayo

Banned
I think the TheAmazingAtheist is cool and funny ranter.

I heard that he isn't so great as he complains about things no one cares about and tends to attack anyone who disagrees with him.

49ersgiantsfan

Achievements Junkie
I would enjoy listening to rants. Some of my favorites include whatever relating to false copyright claims and another relating to fanboys of any kind.

Surfing_Pikachu

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
A lot of them are funny and bring the viewer joy, that's how they get popular.

But really, who cares if they rant? If you like it, watch it, if you don't, then don't. They have the right to speak.

That's how I feel. Also check out Charlieissocoollike. He's not really a ranter, but he's a cool youtuber! =D

~riolulu

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I don't really listen to Youtube Ranters myself, or watch them at all I guess I just don't want to waste 3-5 minutes listening to someone groan or moan about something they don't like (And on the side I don't have a sound card, sure I can listen it on my Wii but not helpful when the Wii remote suddenly dies and there's no new batteries and the battery dock won't recharge it even with rechargeable battery).

And to be honest I like to form my own opinion about things, one person might think something's crap while someone else loves it. Although my biggest pet peeve with that is that if someone say likes Miley Cyrus or Twilight they go under fire and are told they are losers and should kill themselves (Really? Encouraging suicide? Isn't there a law against that? Either that or Medium, Law & Order, Criminal Minds etc got it wrong).

Now I never listened to Miley, or even really seen her, I don't like Twilight and I think Justin Bieber sounds like a girl, but I am not going to go out of my way and hurt other people by saying they should die (A joke about it is okay as long you aren't saying jump off a cliff).

Which is why I don't really listen to anyone who starts insulting someone like that. Although ranters can be occasionally funny or entertaining on a boring day.. I just rather read their comments instead of wanting a video, I don't know why it's just what I prefer.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I think the TheAmazingAtheist is cool and funny ranter.

I'd say patcondell is a much better "ranter" as far as atheists go.

Now I never listened to Miley, or even really seen her, I don't like Twilight and I think Justin Bieber sounds like a girl, but I am not going to go out of my way and hurt other people by saying they should die (A joke about it is okay as long you aren't saying jump off a cliff).

This is one thing that is advertised on pretty much every video I watch. I could be watching Led Zeppelin or the Allman Brothers and all I see in the comments is "Bieber couldn't do this! DON'T LET [insert genre here] DIE!!!", which is really a more passive way of ranting. These people tried to take it a step up by attacking the "Baby" video on the 4th of July, but only ended up propelling it to the most-watched video on YouTube.

It's a bit annoying that these people don't realize that they're only hurting themselves (I'm going to admit, there was a time when I would have been among their angry mob ranks).
I just rather read their comments instead of wanting a video, I don't know why it's just what I prefer.

I would as well, but videos give them a better medium for expressing anger (whether in tone of voice, body language, or some other form). Many of the written-rant videos I've seen are littered with terrible grammar and/or spelling. Some even make use of the Microsoft Sam feature, which has a blank tone of voice and can sometimes be detrimental to the rant.

natie

Mr. F
Actually, most ranters have good points. If it wasn't so obvious that something was flawed then they probably wouldn't go to the measures of making a rant video, if you know what I mean.
Most people on YouTube are socially awkward, as proven by many videos already. Thus, they have no social life, which leads them to make dumb rants on things they have absolutely no knowledge about at all. Then others rant on the ranters (kinda like we're doing right now), because they have no social life either. And so forth...