• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Youtube stopped working for me.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
This morning, YouTube was working fine. Until about two hours ago, it stopped working completely. Here's a picture of what happens when I try to access any page on Youtube.

Notice how long the bar at the bottom is.

Every once in a while, it'll start working, but only for about two seconds. If anybody has any idea what's going on, please help. I've tried other computers in the house, and they seem to work fine.

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Since you said it seems to be working fine on other computers, then you might have too many programs running in the background. Try running some spyware and adware sweepers and let me know the results.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
And I take it Firefox has default settings or close to default as possible and your ISP has no constraints on your end (bandwidth, etc.)?

Also you have a problem. You're using 1GB of memory. Firefox doesn't get that bad unless you have 20 tabs trying to open up at once.

1. As far as I know, Firefox is mostly default and ISP has no constraints.

2. Do you mean Firefox on its own is using 1GB, or my entire computer. Because I have some really old junk on here that I could easily get rid of to get YouTube working again. >.>

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
OK, I'm doing a spyware search right now. Its only about a fifth of the way through and already found about 160 "infections." You can tell I don't do this much.

Yami Ron

Elite Member
usually IE and Firefox will eat up resources the longer you repeated use certain interfaces within it (YT Videos, Adobe, etc.). Force quitting the application through Task Manager and then reloading it should fix the problem.