• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YouTube

Rezzo

Occasionally
Time for a YouTube thread!

So yeah YouTube is this cool place where people post videos and you like them and dislike them and comment and stuff.

Some of my favourite YouTube users include:

Ashens - English bloke who uploads videos about geeky tack, foreign ripoff/imported games console tack, and buys stuff from Poundland

HowToBasic - Makes useful videos on how to do things, such as home recipes and simple daily tasks to the more difficult things in life

Cassetteboy - Creates really good parody videos in which he edits TV clips and creates something entirely new

The Game Theorists - A channel which essentially talks a load of bull about game theories. The theories are sometimes incredibly out there, but if you're on YouTube wasting time then you shouldn't really be judging content based on how outlandish it is

VSauce - Yep, one of those pointless sciencey channels. This one is probably my favourite one

PBSIdeaChannel - Similar to the above. Check this one out too if you like pointless trivia

CGPGrey Loosely informative videos about stuff from a guy who knows things. Yes that's vague, but so is trying to sum up his content, so just check it out

YourMovieSucks - Guy who reviews movies and complains about a bunch of things. One of my favourite YouTube personalities

Discuss YouTube videos, users, share vids, and whatever else YouTube-related here in the shiny new YouTube thread

Last edited:
Gotta admire your taste there. CGPGrey and Vsauce are definite favorites. Any favorite videos from them you had in particular? Why Are Things Creepy is one of Vsauce's that seems to stick with me for some reason. And Earth Unplugged is another good science channel if you haven't checked it out.

Oh, and I checked out YourMovie Sucks. Kinda reminded me of CinemaSins but less condensed. Loved the visuals, and it's always nice when you find one of those youtubers who you can listen to for a long time without getting bored or annoyed.

HoennMaster

I wish Youtube was it's own company. Tired of Google ruining it.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Gotta admire your taste there. CGPGrey and Vsauce are definite favorites. Any favorite videos from them you had in particular? Why Are Things Creepy is one of Vsauce's that seems to stick with me for some reason. And Earth Unplugged is another good science channel if you haven't checked it out.

Oh, and I checked out YourMovie Sucks. Kinda reminded me of CinemaSins but less condensed. Loved the visuals, and it's always nice when you find one of those youtubers who you can listen to for a long time without getting bored or annoyed.

Both of those YouTubers have released really good content over the past couple of years, so it's actually really hard to decide. The video CGP did about nations, pennies, and the pope stand out to me a lot though.

I wish Youtube was it's own company. Tired of Google ruining it.

Yeah YouTube has been taking a downward spiral for quite a while now. Google are taking weird choices with things in general, heck, even Google search itself isn't as nice as it used to be.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I watch Youtube quite randomly but there is one channel that I follow very closely:

FamilyJules7x

[video=youtube;EW6i-wnuNDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW6i-wnuNDU[/video]

Mister_SGG

YouTube has been completely unappealing since Google+ integration...

but my favourite youtube person at the moment is CinemaSins

Never heard of Fouseytube tbh...

Anyways, I havent watched much Youtube as of late, mostly just for listening to albums and stuffz like that.

As for channels I like, I like a lot of channels that cover Battlefield. Havent played it in over two months, but I still enjoy keeping up with it (DICE fix gaem pls). I also like VSauce, and other channels like that.

I may be hated for this, but I actually like RayWilliamJohnson. I actually find him pretty funny.

Breeder Drew

I'd say Nova would have to be my favorite youtuber. He's a gaming commentator that covers a fairly wide range of games and doesn't resort to screaming and nonsensical language that can only be classified as broken English like many other youtube commentators these days.

Youtube is currently in a pretty bad state anyway with Google running it into the ground. It's almost impossible to be anonymous on there anymore and it's incredibly hard to even set up an account.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'd say Nova would have to be my favorite youtuber. He's a gaming commentator that covers a fairly wide range of games and doesn't resort to screaming and nonsensical language that can only be classified as broken English like many other youtube commentators these days.

Youtube is currently in a pretty bad state anyway with Google running it into the ground. It's almost impossible to be anonymous on there anymore and it's incredibly hard to even set up an account.
Definitely. Had to make my account private just to keep my old user name.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*insert "YouTube is ruined because of Google" commentary here*

My favorite YouTube person at the moment is the Nostalgia Critic.

Far as I know, Doug doesn't upload to YouTube anymore, so it's just the fans who have been uploading the videos.

Let's see... a few of my favorites...

Chuggaaconroy (this extends to TheRunawayGuys) has to be my favorite Let's Player on YouTube, though he's tied with Markiplier who I really do prefer over PewDiePie, of course. (PurpleRodri has been fun at times, but I've only really watched his Pokémon Let's Plays since Platinum.)

PeanutButterGamer has some really funny commentary when he reviews games. Also really likes Legend of Zelda. A lot. Also, he's kinda cute.

Smooth McGroove has some amazing a capella going on for video game music. Also has an adorable black kitty that shows up at least once per video.

A friend introduced me to The Black Buster Critic even though I had heard about him for a while before, mainly from The FanFic Critic. I decided to watch some of his videos on my friend's request, and I was pretty entertained. I don't watch every single one of his videos, but I do like how he's not afraid to speak out about a lot of things, especially when they're gaming-related.

Creepy Gaming was something I may have come across at random or something while I was looking for creepypasta, I don't remember. The host, Mullet Mike, has gotten better at his commentary when you compare the first two seasons to the third season, and he's just been a joy to listen to. He's also rather informative complete with gameplay footage that he did himself, or borrowed with permission from others. He has a bit of a running, casual gag that he's the illegitimate son of Bill Clinton.

GRArkada is an anime reviewer I ran into because I got bored one night or something, and I really liked him from the get-go, though I believe he really caught my attention with his School Days review. He has some nice commentary with sprinkles of humor throughout. He's been around since at least 2009, it looks like. For sure, he has been doing a better job than JesuOtaku has lately.

Breeder Drew

I'd say I also like Retsuperae as I agree with their views on a ton of youtubers, but they can be incredibly harsh and illogical in their reasoning on occasion. Their videos of such indie gems as Meet N **** Kingdom certainly make up for that though.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I go on youtube quite often, I usually go looking for parodies on my favorite games, video game music, or anime. Other than those, I just poke around for the most part. There are a few youtubers that I'll check now and then to see if they have a new video out, namely CinemaSins, HISHE, TheJWittz, juliansmith87, other than those, not much.

~Kingdom of Earth~

Sun shines through
Far as I know, Doug doesn't upload to YouTube anymore, so it's just the fans who have been uploading the videos.

I believe Doug is one of the people uploading on LeagueOfSuperCritics http://www.youtube.com/user/LeagueOfSuperCritics/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd but I might be wrong

As for me, I mostly watch Lets Players like Achievement Hunters, Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCupriSun, ProtonJon (Including on TheRunawayGuys) and Luchajin (Even though I watch Jon and Lucha more on Twitch)

indigohex

I'm a fan of Brentalfloss, a guy who adds lyrics to video game music. My favourite videos of him are "Kirby with lyrics", "Zelda with lyrics", "STDs (Gotta Catch 'Em All)" and "Nintendohemian Rhapsody". I found out about his channel when showing my girlfriend my Kirby plushie. Then, she sent me a link to Brentalfloss's Kirby song. That's how I became a fan.

I'm also a fan of the Dutch let's player Njinwezen, but most people here won't be able to understand his videos, which are in Dutch.

I also like video game music, piano/guitar covers of video game music, live performances and regular versions of songs I like and more.