• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 2nd Wave Tins

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I may just hurt someone for this.

Alright, I'm psyched they're releasing Savior Star Dragon. I've wanted the thing ever since Yusei played it.

But changing the name?! This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever ever ever seen!

Still... Majestic Star Dragon isn't too bad I guess... and I can always keep using Savior for my fanfics...

That's the neat thing about fanfics. Dub name = suck? Use the original name! That's what I did with Divine (Sayer = WTF?!).

Well, I'll probably snap them both up anyway. Savior Star's a decent add to my Deck, especially my Yusei theme Deck. As for Wiraqocha Rasca... it's an Earthbound Immortal!

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Majestic Star Dragon (Christians get offended at the word Saviour?)

I would like to point out that that dragon is indeed not Jesus.

That's what I did with Divine (Sayer = WTF?!).

I see Sayer as a fit change because Divine by definition directly related or proceeding to god, so there could be some controversy there.

I would like to point out that that dragon is indeed not Jesus.

I see Sayer as a fit change because Divine by definition directly related or proceeding to god, so there could be some controversy there.

F--- What have I been worshipping all this time then?
And the word 'Saviour' does not always have connotations to Jesus, such as saying someone is your saviour is a way of saying they saved you.

Dictionary.com said:
sav⋅ior
  /ˈseɪvyər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [seyv-yer]
–noun
1. a person who saves, rescues, or delivers: the savior of the country.
2. (initial capital letter) a title of God, esp. of Christ.
3. (initial capital letter) Classical Mythology. an epithet of Artemis.

Angel = Religious connotations =3

Majestic. Star Dragon. What?

I saw that first line and thought wait, is this a new card...until I read the effect.

Mikau

Better then you
Majestic Star Dragon sounds waaaaay better then Savior Star Dragon. I'm glad it's gonna be easy to get too.

Im not saying Savior is a term reserved to Jesus, its just better to avoid conflict.

awww, but conflict is fun.

And tbh, Majestic Star Dragon does sound better...gets rid of that damn alliteration that people seem to love >>

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
When it comes to potentially offensive words, Konami is skitzo.

Angel is okay apparently since it is used in many other pieces of media and has positive connotations.

Keeping in made it's one and only meaning is a direct link to religion >_>

But as for "Savior" , like KSW said:

Dictionary.com said:
sav⋅ior
  /ˈseɪvyər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [seyv-yer]
–noun
1. a person who saves, rescues, or delivers: the savior of the country.
2. (initial capital letter) a title of God, esp. of Christ.
3. (initial capital letter) Classical Mythology. an epithet of Artemis.

It's intial meaning may not be religiously-connected, but it's other meanings, which are used more often, do.

SmartD

Names don't really matter to me, I think Majestic Star Dragon is fine. Maybe I'll get the tin of that card one day.

The only time this year I'll probably buy is Ancient Fairy Dragon - I have plans for those. Might buy that Earthbound Immortal tin.