• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's discussion #2

SmartD

I watched A Duel to Remember. They made Yusei have amnesia, which he obviously didn't have in the Japanese version. Luna tends to critize her brother more in the dub. Trudge thought he gonna get Yusei until Lazar steps in with an invitation to the Fortune Cup. Either he participates or his friends at Satelite will be in trouble. Overall a good episode. I can't to see the Black Rose Witch next episode!

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
I watched A Duel to Remember. They made Yusei have amnesia, which he obviously didn't have in the Japanese version. Luna tends to critize her brother more in the dub. Trudge thought he gonna get Yusei until Lazar steps in with an invitation to the Fortune Cup. Either he participates or his friends at Satelite will be in trouble. Overall a good episode. I can't to see the Black Rose Witch next episode!

The Amnesia thing was pretty ridiculous, but Yusei was best off not revealing his name since his status as a Satellite could endanger those kids.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear

Clear this up for me; does Yusei have amnesia of his past, his name, the duel, what exactly?

Anyway, in the logical land of raw anime, Yusei lost and almost died playing against Kiryu. Large shards of metal lodged in his torso, blood! Yusei Stark, anyone? Fortunately, he recovered, which was cool. Earthbound Gods are broken, yet kind of wierd since their effects require there be no Field Spell, even though Speed World is...guess it doesn't count.

Then, Rua, Ruka, Hanagi, and spikey-hair-guy went to go save Aki. They got trapped, and Rua was forced to duel, which finally let us see some Psychics in the anime, including the ever-amazing Thougt Ruler. That card is too good. It's heavily foreshadowed that Power Tool Dragon is in fact some version of the fifth dragon, since it actually looks at Rua with some feeling after he's struck down. I was really hoping for Godwin.

Last edited:

SmartD

Clear this up for me; does Yusei have amnesia of his past, his name, the duel, what exactly?

Well, Yusei didn't know who he was, but he still knew how to duel. To make the plot look like he's trying to remember, they add scenes from the previous episodes to make it look like it's all coming back to him. Eventually, by the end of the duel, he remembers everything that led up to this point. Did Yusei tell the twins his name in the japanese version?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Earthbound Gods are broken, yet kind of wierd since their effects require there be no Field Spell, even though Speed World is...guess it doesn't count.

Actually, if you carefully reads the effect on Yugioh Wikia.....
The effects are NEGATED when there's no Field Spell. In other words, the effects actually requires the presence of a Field Spell to activate.

;)

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, Yusei didn't know who he was, but he still knew how to duel. To make the plot look like he's trying to remember, they add scenes from the previous episodes to make it look like it's all coming back to him. Eventually, by the end of the duel, he remembers everything that led up to this point. Did Yusei tell the twins his name in the japanese version?

There wasn't a reason for him not to tell them. Hadn't been to prison yet, so no mark on his face, he'd never even been to Neo Domino. Why 4Kids would use such a useless plot device is beyond me. Maybe it was a way to recap?

Actually, if you carefully reads the effect on Yugioh Wikia.....
The effects are NEGATED when there's no Field Spell. In other words, the effects actually requires the presence of a Field Spell to activate.

Alright then. Makes them better for Speed Duels. Wonder if they're all different effects.

SmartD

Just minutes ago, I watched "Bloom of the Black Rose". Black Rose Witch became Black Rose which I don't know why they took the witch part. Tempei is now Dexter, which I guess they called him because he wears glasses like Dexter the cartoon character. They made that Joey look a like into a relative called Jesse Wheeler (and even the same voice!). I like to see something turn out at the fortune cup.

That's my review. I can't wait to see the Fortune Cup start!

Who voices the Black Rose?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
"Akiza" is bad enough, I just hope they keep the serious tone in her voice. She's a depressed, cold, and lonely character. If they add any sort of accent or quirk to the voice, I'm making calls.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Speaking of Tempei (Dexter)...uh...

...I never actually understood his role. He didn't do ****. At all. And we had Himuro (or whatever his dub name is) take up the role of "explanation expositiory man" who let the viewers know the specifics of the cards.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I have only seen the Japanese version on the first day it was out, and after the first episode, I stopped. Dueling on motorcycles? The original styles of dueling is better enough because kids can start copying ... with bikes.

Anyways, I'm going to start watching this Anime again. Seems to be getting good reviews, so wish me luck. ^

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
After seeing last Saturday's episode, it'll be interesting to see what the Fortune Cup will hold for Yusei.

Again, don't spoil since I've only seen the English version of the show.

Zabi

Not really here.
Was surprised to find Carly and Misty to be Dark Signers. When Carly fell, I didn't know what would happen. Was shocked when I saw her turn into one.

As for Misty, eh, she needed to be something in the plot, so I guess she fits.

I miss Carly's old zaney self already. >:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Evil Carly is fricking insane.

Dark Signers are seeming to be more and more of an impressive plot, and it's interesting to see that they were all dead at one point. 4Kids, eat your heart out.

Zabi

Not really here.
Evil Carly is fricking insane.

Dark Signers are seeming to be more and more of an impressive plot, and it's interesting to see that they were all dead at one point. 4Kids, eat your heart out.

I can picture them skipping most of the second season, or just butchering it to death. @_@

SmartD

I wonder who will voice Goodwin since Maddie Baulstien passed away (she voiced him). Maybe they a couple of episodes with her voice before she died. They'll probably use a new voice when the second season starts.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
What I find weird about Rex Goodwin is that he didn't appear sinister during the first set of episodes, but after the Crimson Dragon incident, it becomes clear that he truly is a major antagonist.

SmartD

I watched Welcome to the Fortune Cup. Bommer is now Greigor, Lancebow is Ransenborg, and Aki is Akiza. The names seem okay to me. It seems this episode has Maddie's voice before she died and will probably go on until season two starts. Too bad Leo lost, it was so close. Now things are getting serious now as the tournament continues.

Oh, I've been wondering something. If you watch only the dub, DO NOT open this spoiler.

If Leo's a Signer, wouldn't that machine pick up both him and his sister? Or does he become one later in season two?

That's my review. On to Round two!

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
The only confirmed Signers are Yusei, Aki, Jack, and Ruka (Luna). There's big speculation that Power Tool Dragon is some sort of mechanized version of the fifth dragon, because you can see the two are very similar from when it is shown in the season 2 credits. Stll, popular theory is that it's Rex, because:

He is shown in a flashback next to a tube holding the arm of a signer, with the last mark on it. Rex is later shown to have a fake arm, plus, he's a Ylaster (or however you spell it).

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Speaking of Rex, I found it interesting that a recent RAW episode showed his name as "Goodwin" like in the dub, while it's always been assumed to be Godwin. Of course, 5d's has had quite a few english errors before...so...

...anyway, the 5d's Wii Game looks actually kinda cool. From the latest shots it's taking liberties with the real card game, which I don't mind since I'm interested in seeing how it works. Also, it seems Takasu (the black jail guard) and Rua are playable, with their own D-Wheels no less. 0.o