• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's discussion #2

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I think it's either Rex or someone else entirely. Notice that on the preview for the next episode, Rua is one of the characters surpised by who the Signer is. Rex is the only other character there except for Yusei, Aki, Jack, and the twins. They also happen to be in his underground lair. Just a thing to point out.

uber gon

Accept Change
I think it's either Rex or someone else entirely. Notice that on the preview for the next episode, Rua is one of the characters surpised by who the Signer is. Rex is the only other character there except for Yusei, Aki, Jack, and the twins. They also happen to be in his underground lair. Just a thing to point out.

I'm betting on Godwin. His f'in amputated arm had a birthmark, so it's kinda obvious.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Not to be blatently obvious, but we have no proof Goodwin is the fifth Signer. Yes, he has the arm. But it's entirely possible something random happened and he got the arm.

On top of that, have we ever seen the guy with a deck at all? No proof he plays, certainly none that he has the dragon.

We don't know that the arm is Goodwin's at all, even though he does have his mechanical one and everything. Need I also point out, on the arm the birthmark was on the left arm, as opposed to the other Signers, whose birthmarks are on their right arms.

Just pointing out my arguments against Goodwin. It's not that I don't like the guy, he just seems a little too villainous to be a Signer (then again, Krieger apparently joined the Dark Signers and he didn't seem like the kind of person to do hat, so yeah.)

SmartD

I watched todays episode. It looks like the plot is more or less the same in both episodes. I wonder how will they handle the metal arm thing in the next episode. We'll have to wait and see.

There's a rumor going on that Pete Zarustica will be doing Rex Goodwin. I repeat. this is only a rumor, as this needs confirmation. Also Lazar is now voiced bt Marc Thompson (this also needs confirmation).

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I saw some new info for the 5d's DS Game, Stardust Accelerator (basically WTC 2009) and it looks pretty neat.

Surprisingly it also has riding duels, but I'm not sure how they work exactly. You also get to walk around a 3D Neo Domino as an OC and battle the anime characters, solve puzzles, ect. It goes up to Crimson Crisis, so I'm guessing likely the story won't involve the Dark Signers and instead probably the Season 1 guys.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
I saw last Saturday's episode, and I must say, Greiger sure wants to help his family real bad. Yusei sure will have his hands full against him in the semifinals.

Pi-chamo

In the Episode 42 preview, there's a good chance that Rex could be the 5th signer, but I think there's still a chance that Rua will become connected to Luna. (Kinda of like them sharing the signer spot because they're twins.

Luna protects fairy dragon and Rua will be her protector

Also at the end of the preview, He repeats because I'm not a signer.

SmartD

I watched second round showdown part 2. It looks like everything is the same too, so 4kids must be getting better. They even kept Goodwin's robot hand. I wonder what they are going to do about the decapitated arm Goodwin has, but for now, that will have to wait. Next up is Akiza vs. the profiler. Overall not a bad episode.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Latest ep stuff.

Anyway, the great secret was just some stuff about the Dark Signers and how the Signers were brought together by a force of destiny.

Dak Signer stuff, Yusei gets a bit upset becuase he can't bring Kyosuke back, as the Dark Signers are alreay dead in a sense, it's just that they cam back becuase of something in the Underworld. Jack punches Yusei and snaps him out of it.

Lazar gets sent to Satellite for some reason and duels Crow. Before they finish, the Dark Signers show up and Lazar legs it. The Dark Signers create this cloud that spreads across Satellite and Crow tries to outrun it with his Duel Runner, but gets caught by it and vanishes.

Yusei and the gang get flown to Satellite by Trudge and meet up with Martha and Blister. But the Dark Signers show up again and Yusei duels Rudger (the Spider Dark Signer) to protect Martha and a bunch of kids.

Unfortunately, Rudger summons his Earthbound God (not named) and the mark appears, so Martha and the kids get sacrificed.

NoodleChefKyle

Fanfic Author
I saw some new info for the 5d's DS Game, Stardust Accelerator (basically WTC 2009) and it looks pretty neat.

Surprisingly it also has riding duels, but I'm not sure how they work exactly. You also get to walk around a 3D Neo Domino as an OC and battle the anime characters, solve puzzles, ect. It goes up to Crimson Crisis, so I'm guessing likely the story won't involve the Dark Signers and instead probably the Season 1 guys.

Ooh! I want that right now!

SmartD

Latest ep stuff.

Anyway, the great secret was just some stuff about the Dark Signers and how the Signers were brought together by a force of destiny.

Dak Signer stuff, Yusei gets a bit upset becuase he can't bring Kyosuke back, as the Dark Signers are alreay dead in a sense, it's just that they cam back becuase of something in the Underworld. Jack punches Yusei and snaps him out of it.

Lazar gets sent to Satellite for some reason and duels Crow. Before they finish, the Dark Signers show up and Lazar legs it. The Dark Signers create this cloud that spreads across Satellite and Crow tries to outrun it with his Duel Runner, but gets caught by it and vanishes.

Yusei and the gang get flown to Satellite by Trudge and meet up with Martha and Blister. But the Dark Signers show up again and Yusei duels Rudger (the Spider Dark Signer) to protect Martha and a bunch of kids.

Unfortunately, Rudger summons his Earthbound God (not named) and the mark appears, so Martha and the kids get sacrificed.

Oh dear, that's awful. I hope Martha and the kids and the other sacraficed people come back. In all Yu-Gi-Oh! series, they come back in some way.

Which Gods do you think would win? Egyptian Or Earthbound?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I'd say Egyptian would win. Depends on whether there's a Field Spell out, seeing as without a Field Spell the Earthbound Gods are screwed.

Anyway, in other news we now have Divine's dub name. And it sucks. Badly.

And ladies and gentlemen, introducing the head of the Arcadia Movement... SAYER!

See, it sucks. Sayer? I prefer Divine.

There's only one dub name I like and that's Krieger. It sounds kind of cool.

SmartD

I watched The Profiler. I finally heard Akiza's voice, she sounds like the Dark Magician Girl, which maybe out of place, but I like it. The dub mentions Akiza and Koda went to Duel Academy. It makes sense seeing how far apart GX and 5D's is. Divine in now Sayer, but a cooler name is beter The duel is great, lot's of Plant action. Akiza will get help eventually, later in the season.

That's my review. Does anyone like the voices so far? Luna is improving, she not high-pitched that much.

kpt25

Steel type trainer
wow...Sayer?that's an awful name
i rather stick to the subs instead of the 4kids dub...i got too used to the catchy openings and endings
Besides,i was reluctant to watch it due to the common prejudice of "come on,now they play the game while riding motorcycles?it's ridiculous" and the show surprised me in a good manner,much more appealing than GX overall

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
More stupid dubbing.

Earthbound Gods (Japanese) become Earthbound Immortals (Dub)!!!!!!!!

WTF? Alright, I know there are reasons (namely, religious reference), but still, Earthbound Immortals? That is the most... (launches into stream of profanities that would probably get me banned.)

Aside from that, judging by the ep 48 title, they'll find Regulus soon.

SmartD

Are there any Yusei/Akiza moments yet? I want to see if it will be like Yugi/Tea and Jaden/Alexis before.

Digidramon

Shadow Origin
If you don't call Yusei being the one who destroys Akiza's Black Rose Witch side, starts her on the road to controlling her powers and god knows what else Yusei/Akiza moments, then no.

But this time, at least they haven't actually managed to start mocking it. Remember in GX when Jaden had no idea what a fiancee is?

Considering the large number of Yusei/Akiza shipping fics on Fanfiction.net, it seems to be a very popular ship so far. Then again, I haven't seen one Akiza/Jack shipping fic yet and Jack was the one who got to play hero and save Akiza from Aracadia after attack of the Earthbound Gods.

If they were serious about making Yusei/Akiza almost canon, they'd have ahd Yusei saving her. Any reason why he didn't, cause I'm pretty sure this is after he got that Duel Runner shard taken out of him?

Judging by the past Yu-Gi-Oh series, Yusei and Akiza will probably have their moments in the series. Unless 4Kids do the usual and utterly screw up the dub, so if 5D's does the rounds here in the UK, I can't bear to watch it.

As it is, I don't really go for shipping supporting. Not after my first and last expedition into the shipping section. I've had more than enough warnings about that place since then to make up my mind.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Digidramon: very wise.

Anyway, I've got info on the Rudger ep.

I was slightly off with Martha and the kids being sacrificed.

Basically, Yusei and co get to Satellite and have dinner with Martha. Halfway through, Rudger shows up and demands a duel. Yusei tells Martha and the others to get themselves and the kids away while he duels Rudger.

Apparently, Rudger plays an Insect deck of some kind (luckily, not a return to Weevil Underwood) which focuses around a Field Spell (you cna just see the Earthbound Immortal coming) called Spider Web, which allows him to use the effects of cards Yusei discards.

Rudger summons two monsters on his first turn (Special Summoning one), a Dark Tuner called Dark Tuner Spider Cocoon and a regualr monster called Dark Spider. Then he uses them to Dark Synchro a monster called Steel Arachne.

Yusei manages to summon Road Warrior and crushes Arachne. But that lets Rudger play a Trap called Earthbound Immortal's Temple, which I quote "During the Standby Phase of your turn, you can place Earthbound Immortal Counters onto this card by the number of Defense Position monsters on the field. When there are 4 Earthbound Immortal Counters on this card, you can destroy this card to Special Summon an Earthbound Immortal from your hand."

I so see his Immortal next ep. Anyway, on the sacrifice it's just three stupid kids who sneaked off to watch the duel. Not Martha and the rest.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder how Kiryu would react to seeing something like Road Warrior?