• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's discussion #2

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I saw that the new season of yugioh came out lol. Do you guys now if 5d's is still on going, Im currently on the episode where the Yusei and the blonde lady are stuck in a different dimension?

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
You should at least drop some fillers in there, but you must not miss any Jack Atlas episodes. They are epic. Name me one person other then Jack Atlas, that beats up 100 guys with his hands, only, and laughs like a villain, in Yugioh history.

You can see Yusei beat the sh*t out of some grunts in 7 moves or less and continue walking like nothing happened.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/slifertheskydragon/yuseikickina.gif

But yeah don't miss out on Jack beating up a whole bunch of people.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I also lost interest in Yusei after Season 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. I still liked him in the newer episodes, but he wasn't as cool as he was back then. It was the exact opposite with Jack, though. I used to dislike him in Season 1 because he seemed too much like Kaiba from the original series. He still reminds me a bit of Kaiba, but he's also got a certain charm that most other characters don't have. So if I had to choose a favorite character, it would be Jack.

You should at least drop some fillers in there, but you must not miss any Jack Atlas episodes. They are epic. Name me one person other then Jack Atlas, that beats up 100 guys with his hands, only, and laughs like a villain, in Yugioh history.

If I watch the show, I finish it and I don't skip episodes

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Don't blame me when you see Yusei defeat a Chronos wannabe, who uses three Ancient Gear golems, and who also is a teacher.

I know. They should of had Aki duel and Yusei becomes spectator here. Oh well. It's Yoshida's work, not Tomioka's.

Yusei and Jack are in between regarding most favorite characters, followed by Aki, Rua, Ruka and Crow (which I like the least, although I don't ignore some of the good moments he had). Yusei and Jack both have endearing personalities throughout the series. My complaints about them is Yusei becoming too much like Jesus with his ***-pulls and Jack's deck usually consists of the same cards (Vice Dragon + Dark Resonator blahs) and not as much variety. Not asking for too much, just enough to see what new cards he can put up other than the usual.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Not asking for too much, just enough to see what new cards he can put up other than the usual.

they start giving him new cards only when it is near the end of the series lol

Not to mention his "Reinforced Resurrection" card used as early as episode 25 never gets released despite being useful for the Synchro decks....IMHO, they lost a lot of money by not releasing it.
And it's not like the card is broken either.

Someone has an Ancient gear golem deck in 5D's?

yes.

Dark-Paladin-Duelist

It was in a filler episode that was probably only done as a nod to GX, that ended up being useless filler as nothing came of the episode (they never did anything with Sly afterward, which I'm disappointed by.)

I honestly did miss Tomioka's work on 5Ds, right until the series ended. The filler in the second year annoyed me to no end, and while there was some cool stuff, it was executed very poorly. Doing the movie and hyping it up to be a part of the 5Ds canon was a bad move, considering all they did was go "Oh, Paradox was working under Z-ONE too." You don't split up your workforce to work on a movie like that and have the main series suffer in writing quality because of something so unneeded.

Dark-Paladin-Duelist

Yeah, and then they brought back Yoshida after the travesty that was GX Season 4. I honestly hope that Yoshida gets the series taken off him and Zexal improves after it as a result.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I don't know. With the way things are going for Zexal, it's less impressive compared to the previous Yugioh series. Their baby tutorials was... ugh! I just said things here and there that are NOT the right answers in order to be more entertain.

I think Zone was all right. A suffering scientist who's a fanboy of Yusei had to performs things unimagined to invoke and restore peace to the breaking world. However, what he should have done what Yusei would have done is after convincing the people, he should have left alone to halt Momentum completely until harmony restores slowly. Since he didn't, the evils of people showed up here and there resulting Kikouteis to continue attacking and deal fear again, making Momentum break kikouteis and wipe out most of humanity. Zone should have known Yusei to deal things alone preferably so this is part of the result of the broken future.

Problem with Yoshida is his work ends too quickly and it's hard for me to stomach such a decision. Compared to Tomioka's Yusei VS Jack in the Fortune Cup battle, that was quality right there. Beats even VS Godwin and that's the 2nd best duel.

I'm satisfied with what 5D's presented. It's equal favorite to Duel Monsters series while Shadow Game series remain as awesome hands down. Unsure if Zexal will be better than GX but at least I have an excuse to do something on Monday.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've been watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal recently, but I also have to admit that I'm not impressed with it. When I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds back in 2008, I loved it right away because of Turbo Dueling and all the new cards. However, while Zexal offers some new stuff here and there, it isn't really all-that interesting in my opinion. I wish they had continued with 5Ds. Is there any reason why they ended the series pretty quickly? I thought 5Ds would last a while longer :x

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Yeah, but it's asking us to wait for September something for it to release.

5D's did a great job though. It's good it ended quickly. I don't want to see anymore suffering from it since Ghost showed up. It lost the adrenaline rush or the quality from the Riding Duels I watched since after Yusei VS Aki 2.

SmartD

I saw today's dub episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. The Ghosts are dueling duelists as ploy by Primo to make the plan go faster. Jakob doesn't approve of this. Yusei and others take on the Ghosts. Later they gang up on Yusei and take out Sherry and Elsworth. Now Yusei's in quite of a predicament how he will get out of this situation?

Luna sounded like Iris in this episode.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
5D's did a great job though. It's good it ended quickly. I don't want to see anymore suffering from it since Ghost showed up. It lost the adrenaline rush or the quality from the Riding Duels I watched since after Yusei VS Aki 2.

reminds me that many people comments about what basically the same thing as you - 5Ds "ends" after the Dark Signer arc.