• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's discussion #2

Cecil Omega

Just for fun I watch the online subbed version (english subtitles) and found myself liking the character, especially compared to the last main character *rolls eyes* then I saw the exact same episode listed on TV so I figured I'd check it out to see how it was in pure English, never again..

4kids must have some altered version of the Midus touch, cause every japanese show they get to show in the USA turns to a fermenting pile of horse manure.

Only thing I don't like about the series is the whole, "card games on motor bikes", just a little odd to me but meh, what ever floats their boat.

SmartD

Does anyone else think the way they pronounce Yusei is satanically wrong with a rank of 20 from 0-10?

I think it's fine. There's nothing wrong with it. You-say is always the right pronounciation.

Does anybody have any idea who voices the other characters besides Yusei, Jack, and Trudge?

Utsukushii

B E L I E V E;;
Yusei's VA is the same one who did tristan I think. =]

Thats about it for me though V_V

SmartD

I watched the latest episode, here's the report. Takasu is now Armstrong, and that nose hair thing he does is cut. The scene that shows Tanner drinking is also cut. The backstory is left mostly the same except it now involves the Shadow Realm and the Evil God is now the Demon lord which is wierd because they're using the word "Demon" (I guess 4Kids is starting to forget their policy on religion). Yusei managed to use the Treasure Deck to its fullest potential to beat Tanner. It was funny when Yanagi hugged Yusei.

And that's my review. Talk about your opinions about this episode.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if 4Kids will still call whatever the Dark Signers duel in the Shadow Realm? It doesn't look like it to me.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
5D's looks pretty cool. I saw a couple of character profiles on Yu-Gi-Oh Wikia, so I'm hoping older main characters means a better series than GX and the origianl. Of course, knowing 4Kids I doubt it. But the Five Dragons look epic, especially Stardust Dragon. Probably my favorite character from the profiles is Jack (what? Just becuase Yusei is the main character doesn't automatically mean I have to like him). I guess Jack is my favorite becuase he is kind of ruthless, like when he stole Yusei's Duel Runner and Stardust Dragon by tying up the kid on the boat and getting Yusei to intervene. Then while Yusei tries to save the poor kid Jack steals the Runner and Yusei's best card. And eventually escapes into New Domino City, where Yusei can't follow until much later.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well it's about time Turbo Warrior appeared. Anyone here think Jack will stop being his old jerk self now?

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Is it weird looking at Yusei being all happy like that makes me smile? And there's a couple parts I saw that made me feel for the characters more. (jumping around so I won't spoil myself for the subs) Yusei and Crow's handshake, and... Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack.

As for the dub, there's a few things I would change so it would be pretty decent. Get rid of that stupid info (I mean come on! Stardust Dragon is a wind attribute dragon synchro monster with 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF What was that?!), STOP MAKING UP RANDOM ORIGINAL PLOTS, I blame the info thing T_T There's enough changes here for more than enough Abridged material. The only thing that's keeping the show up are the voices (besides Jack and especially Yanagi).
As for the latest dub episode, I understand the edits, the drinking, the nose picking thing which was disturbing to begin with. As for the backstory, I never paid attention to the original either, so meh.

SmartD

If's anyone's intrested, here are the voice actors for the lastest characters:
Rex Goodwin-Maddie Baulstein
Zigzix-Sean Schemmel
Bolt Tanner-Wayne Grayson
Yanagi-Marc Thompson

Source:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you information on who voices the other characters or corrections on the ones shown above, fell free to tell me.

uber gon

Accept Change
Does anyone, besides me, hates that Angela person?

Meh, I laugh at the fact that there's someone who STILL can't accept the fact that Yusei beat Jack.

uber gon

Accept Change
Who are you referring to? If it's me, I'm only saying that I hate that Angela person because her attitude

I was referring to Angela. She's that reporter who has a rivalry with Carly right?

Dreamcoat

If's anyone's intrested, here are the voice actors for the lastest characters:
Rex Goodwin-Maddie Baulstein
Zigzix-Sean Schemmel
Bolt Tanner-Wayne Grayson
Yanagi-Marc Thompson

Source:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you information on who voices the other characters or corrections on the ones shown above, fell free to tell me.
Dan Green provides the voice of Tetsu Ushio (Trudge).