• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's discussion #2

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Now I have to say, that's pretty cool. Plus, I do like Takasu's deck. Iron Chains are just fun to play with, and if this thing has Wifi or something I can do it worldwide. Rua's interesting, too. You would think he needs a license for that thing.

SmartD

Okay, after watching the first few episodes, I can form a solid opinion on it. First the voices.

Yusei is voiced by Frank Frankson. A decently good voice. Nothing to complain about.

Jack Atlas is voiced by Ted Lewis. He's using an Australian/British accent, which maybe too much, but I don't mind.

Trudge is voiced by no other than Dan Green. He uses a gruff voice that sounds like Atem is mad at something. Okay with it.

Goodwin was voiced by Maddie Baulstien. A good voice, sounds sinister. Lets hope his second voice will be good as Maddie's.

Leo is voiced by Amanda brown (or so I heard). Sounds childish, but it will work.

Luna is voiced by Kether Donahue (again, so I heard). Same with Leo.

I'll reserve my comments for Akiza when she properly debuts, but she is voiced by Bella Hudson (and again, so I heard).

Next, the script. Despite the odd ad-ins (Yusei knowing Trudge, being afraid of bugs, getting amnesia...), the edits, and the card explaining computer, I think it's translated pretty well. I wonder how will they handle season two.

Finally, the music. Since I don't watch subs, I think the music is fine. As for the opening, I think it's decent.

Well, those are my thoughts on the series. It may or may not be 4Kids' best dubbed anime, but I think it will turn out fine. What are your thoughts?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, there's quite alot of stuff 4kids probably won't like. Deaths, blood, ect. I believe a Season 1 episode had hookers and booze in it too...has 4kids gotten to that episode yet? It's the one where Yusei gets out of jail.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
*ahem* Spoiler tags aren't working for me. So look if you dare.

So the Hummingbird and Lizard just dominated that building and made explosions and stuff! Yus. But then Misty used the souls of all the people in the city to summon the Lizard, and never even used it. I would assume Aki lost, or at least gave up when she saw Divine fall to his death. Which was awesome.

Evil Carly is totally evil, which is good to see. You just can't kill a character like that off forever. Then there was some character development as Jack looked for her; he really seems sort of emotionless to me if it weren't for Carly.

I'm also interested to see what role Bommer will play. It would seem he has some connection with the Dark Signers, or is forming some sort of pact to get his revenge in Godwin and Ylaster. Good motives go together good. I'm wondering if it's going to be mutual, or if he'll get a spider bite and use some awesome dark version of AIRRAID. I've always wondered why no one else ever does any possessing.

In the next episode it looks like Aki duels her father; as it's apparent she hurt him when she was a little girl. And then a tender moment with Yusei. Aw.

uber gon

Accept Change
In the next episode it looks like Aki duels her father; as it's apparent she hurt him when she was a little girl. And then a tender moment with Yusei. Aw.

I wouldn't really call it tender. Well not romantic anyway.

asperger1981

good reader
I really like the concept of 'synchro summon'
Pretty much fusing the ritual spell card into a monster, but that actually does the trick.
Besides, the summoning sequences rock in ways they never rocked before.

P.D.1: shouldn't they do the same with the fusion monsters in any way, I don't think 'speed fusion' can satisfy the old fans of the hero based decks; though the neo spacians, gladiator beast and union monsters might do something to compensate for the lost, specially in the turbo duels (riding in the original)

P.D.2: I really love the 'speed world' concept, it is a whole new game after that, don't you think?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I've watched the frist episode on youtube and I'm impressed, I'm looking forward to 5D's being released in the UK, infact the've already released some 5d's cards.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
Yeah, there's quite alot of stuff 4kids probably won't like. Deaths, blood, ect. I believe a Season 1 episode had hookers and booze in it too...has 4kids gotten to that episode yet? It's the one where Yusei gets out of jail.

Well there are quite a few differences between the original and 4Kids versions of the anime. One example is Chief Armstrong where in the 4Kids version he has bad garlic breath, but I heard that he flicks nose hairs in the original. Likewise, Armstrong accused Tanner for smuggling magazines in the 4Kids version, but it's a knife in the original.

One thing is similar about the two versions though. People from the Satellite get treated poorly, but at least the treatment is less harsh in the 4Kids version.

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
*ahem* Spoiler tags aren't working for me. So look if you dare.

So the Hummingbird and Lizard just dominated that building and made explosions and stuff! Yus. But then Misty used the souls of all the people in the city to summon the Lizard, and never even used it. I would assume Aki lost, or at least gave up when she saw Divine fall to his death. Which was awesome.

Evil Carly is totally evil, which is good to see. You just can't kill a character like that off forever. Then there was some character development as Jack looked for her; he really seems sort of emotionless to me if it weren't for Carly.

I'm also interested to see what role Bommer will play. It would seem he has some connection with the Dark Signers, or is forming some sort of pact to get his revenge in Godwin and Ylaster. Good motives go together good. I'm wondering if it's going to be mutual, or if he'll get a spider bite and use some awesome dark version of AIRRAID. I've always wondered why no one else ever does any possessing.

According to the recent subs, Misty postpones the duel due to Dark Signer Carly severing the building in half and sending it collapsing on top of them. :/ It seems that Aki has lost her will to fight though, she did nothing but stare down the shaft where he fell until she got knocked out somehow...

I was actually kinda hoping that Evil Carly would hang around posing as regular Carly and get closer to Jack, it would make the apparent coming duel between them so emotional. Although as it is now, it seems emotional as it is, because it looks like Misty's well on her way to convincing Carly that she can't go back to the way things were before, and she'll end up dueling him while showing signs of regret...I wonder if Jack will recognize her without her glasses. I think Carly was good for Jack, she was able to help him set a new goal for himself after losing the title of king, she convinced him to find his own path. And while she does act fangirlishly (she's a regular fangirl insert, I swear), she only does it after she gets to know him through a series of events-after she sees him at his lowest point. And I think Jack has some degree of respect for her, he does treat her better than he treats Mikage (while he is distant towards both, he stops with the snobbish attitude towards Carly eventually), and he does care for her somewhat, at least, seeing how he didn't want her to get hurt. As of now, the relationship's both cracky and sentimental. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I really wonder if Bommer will truly join the Dark Signers though, since his village was devoted to serving the Signers...it'd be an awesome betrayal if it happened, though.

I think she's dueling Yusei again, actually...

uber gon

Accept Change
Yusei likes Aki. Yusei likes Aki.:p

I'm saying this because there's a scene in the recent episode that suggests that.

SmartD

Do you think 4kids will dub the special with the Assault mode cards? Will the Assault mode cards be used in the main anime as a way to defeat the Dark Signers (like the Legendary Dragons in the old YGO)? Will there be english dub DVDs this year?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
They might dub the special, but as for defeating the Dark Signers, I doubt it. For a start, for that to be the solution all five Signers would need Assault Mode dragons. So far, only Stardust Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend have Assualt Modes. Black Rose Dragon would probably have an Assault Mode by now, but it's possible still. Ancient Fairy Dragon I have no idea about, but it's unlikely. And the fifth dragon is the great unknown, so I'll leave that.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if Rua/Lua will ever win a duel? He has potential.

PokeFan1998

Is this series even good? I loved the orginal nad GX was ok go weird but ok....this just sounds weird and what makes it weirder is LittleKuriboh somehow predicted it all!

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
LK just likes to poke fun at the concept, but it is a very good series. Quite dark as it goes on, with some real depth to the polt and characters; tohugh I don't recommend viewing the dub if you're trying to get a good impression.

SmartD

It's getting intresting in the recent episodes. Some were close (Yusei vs. Hunter), others were mind blowing (Frank vs. Luna). It won't be long now until we're into the Dark Signers arc. I wonder if Luna will bring the crew to the spirit world so they can save it and find more information about the Crimson Dragon.

uber gon

Accept Change
It's getting intresting in the recent episodes. Some were close (Yusei vs. Hunter), others were mind blowing (Frank vs. Luna). It won't be long now until we're into the Dark Signers arc. I wonder if Luna will bring the crew to the spirit world so they can save it and find more information about the Crimson Dragon.

For now I think we just want to know who the 5th Signer is, not that it's obvious, I think.