• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Advanced: Because Pokémon is Not Cool Anymore

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
After cleaning my room last week, I came across my old Yu-Gi-Oh! deck. I don't know how old it is in terms of years, but to give an estimate, I'd say it was just after Yu-Gi-Oh! GX began and was deemed "popular." I remember playing it in bragging-rights tournaments and doing fairly well in them with that deck. Tell me: if I were to go back to playing tournaments for cash, would this deck be permitted and would it be effective?

Effect Monsters (Total: 20)
Yomi Ship
Lady Panther
Patrician of Darkness
The Fiend Megacyber
Armed Dragon Lvl. 5
Armed Dragon Lvl. 3
Dark Driceratops
Mirage Dragon
Kisetai
Zolga
Lord of Dragons
Man-Eater Bug
Spirit Ryu
Roc from the Valley of Haze
Fire Princess
Dancing Fairy
Tyrant Dragon
Crimson Sentry
Kaiser Sea Horse
Dark Jeroid

Non-Effect Monsters (Total: 3)
The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave
Luster Dragon
Hyozanryu

Magic Cards (Total: 16)
The Flute of Summoning Dragon
Malevolent Nuzzler
Dragon's Gunfire
Horn of the Unicorn
Gravedigger Ghoul
Monster Reborn
Stamping Destruction
Rush Recklessly
Soul Exchange
Banner of Courage
Swords of Revealing Light
Mountain
Sword of Deep-Seated
Dragon Treasure
Salamandra
Draconic Attack

Trap Cards (Total: 11)
Needle Wall
Minor Goblin Official
Robbin' Goblin
Nightmare Wheel
Enchanted Javelin
D. Tribe
Dragon's Rage
Bottomless Trap Hole
Bad Reaction to Simochi
Blast with Chain
Solemn Wishes

Total: 50

What do you all think? Is it feasible to use? Acceptable?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
1. 50 is too much. 45 max is better.
2. A lot of the cards are just plain not needed. Why bother putting Armed Dragons when you have only 1 AD 3 and 1 AD 5? Nightmare Wheel would be useless once your opponent Tribute the monster.

Judging from the cards, I say make a Dragon deck. If you are going to use Armed Dragons, get 3 AD3, 3 AD5, and 2 AD7 IMO.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Um, Soul Exchange is unlimited and untouched.

And really, you just need to set your priorities straight, and focus the deck around that. With all the Structure decks out, that's a good way to start, since a lot of the mainstream cards are so pricey.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Ah sorry, I was thinking about Change of Heart :p

There are 2 Dragon Structure Decks (SD02 and SDRL) which would be a great help if you are indeed going to make it into a Dragon deck.

cybermew

A la lune!
Dragons. Or Zombie's are VERY cheap to make at a basic, possibly tourney winning level, what with the Il Bluds being easy to get in a month. The only things expensive are Mezukis and Goblin Zombies.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
See, thing is, guys, I haven't done anything TCG-related in years, especially Yu-Gi-Oh!-related. Particularly, I heard a lot of changes to the game have been made and over a thousand cards made. I have no idea where to begin. I don't even want to spend a ton of money, either.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
See, thing is, guys, I haven't done anything TCG-related in years, especially Yu-Gi-Oh!-related. Particularly, I heard a lot of changes to the game have been made and over a thousand cards made. I have no idea where to begin. I don't even want to spend a ton of money, either.

Well, if you need help, I'd suggest looking at the deck-lists other people have posted.

My Batteryman deck is cheap and effective ;)

Munchy.42

Well, if you need help, I'd suggest looking at the deck-lists other people have posted.

My Batteryman deck is cheap and effective ;)

No. MY Battery deck is cheap and effective. With only 4 things above common.

Oh and if you want, I could give you a kind of cheap, kind of good Dragon deck list.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Well, to create a better deck, we need to start working on the old deck. Let's start with what cards I should keep. I know certain cards are definitely worth keeping, e.g. Tyrant Dragon.

However, I don't know if you noticed that my deck is more of a Warrior-Dragon deck, considering that some Trap and Magic Cards transform the Warriors into Dragons.

cybermew

A la lune!
Tyrant isn't really good.....

I would say start over. You need multiple copies of cards, and Structures are the way to go. ZW is the best and the awsomest Structute.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Considering that I've been out of the loop, I have the urge to ask: what's Structure?

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
I see. Well, let's begin rebuilding the deck! Which cards in my deck should I definitely keep? I want to use at least some of the cards I have.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, the only cards that seem to share themes in this are Dragons, and you don't seem to have the best ones. The best Dragon decks you could make are probably Blue-Eyes, Cyberdark, maybe some well-teched stuff. Not really an expert.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Blue-Eyes is completely overrated. 3000/2500, no effects. I think that a worthy replacement is necessary. I'm more of a technical battler, using the abilities of Monsters rather than just brute force. That is how I mainly win duels. Just throwing that information out there for your benefit.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Essentially, Kaiser Sea Horse can vouch for Blue-Eyes. It's worth two summons for a Light monster, and Blue-Eyes is a Light monster, if I recall correctly. Plus 1700 Attack points isn't too steep either for a Beast-Warrior. A few equip magic cards and that thing can hold its own for a bit.

I'm getting rid of Dragon Treasure; there are far better cards out there for Dragon-types.