• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! anime-Like or Hate?

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Well, the name says it all(Plenty advert-LOL)! Say if you like or hate the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and why. I really like it because of the awesome duels!

-Gallade 20772

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Like it ^^
english version ofcourse (hate japanese)

in this order : 1.GX 2.5DS 3.Yu-gi-oh! original series

SmartD

I like it because it has great characters, good plot, and cools cards and duels. GX and 5D's are cool too.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
The abridged series owns the real series, its so funny

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
The first series was actually interesting. At least, in the original. The dub killed it.

Then GX was meh.

And 5D's made me lol.

Vernikova

Champion
It's an alright series and I do enjoy it. It isn't the best series out there but I usually like these kinds of shows since they don't take themselves so seriously.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Its okay i guess, don't watch it though, teh oringial was beter.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Its fine or the original was atleast I hate the newer versions

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
The Original will always be the best [the card designs were amazing], the plots were interesting ... and simply nostalgia XD

Abridged series ftw.

The newer episodes are MUCH better than the older ones. Why? Because 5D's actually has a plot... and DEATH for once. *gasp* The first series that 4Kids actually had to cut entire episodes... when that happens, you know it's a good anime.

The older series are just so random.. it's like there seems to be a plot there, and just when you think it starts, Jaden/Yugi's like "OOH RANDOM PERSON LET'S DUEL!" and it kind of ruins the fluidity of the plot.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
The newer episodes are MUCH better than the older ones. Why? Because 5D's actually has a plot... and DEATH for once. *gasp* The first series that 4Kids actually had to cut entire episodes... when that happens, you know it's a good anime.

The older series are just so random.. it's like there seems to be a plot there, and just when you think it starts, Jaden/Yugi's like "OOH RANDOM PERSON LET'S DUEL!" and it kind of ruins the fluidity of the plot.

4kids had to cut out the entire first season of the original
lolwut

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Original - Fine. The 3rd and 4th seasons were the best.
GX - The best series, imo. Every season was good.
5Ds - I've only seen 4 episodes, but I hate it. I don't understand it.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
Subbed-----> loved the original (I had an "Anime Crush" on Yami..hey i was young)

didnt watch the sub version of GX, but the dub was ok

5D's ---> hahaha

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i dont know if ur talking to my but i think it sucks cuz i hate japanese animes: voices sound... weird and not natural and its kinda nerdy. but anyways, gx is the best :D

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
i dont know if ur talking to my but i think it sucks cuz i hate japanese animes: voices sound... weird and not natural and its kinda nerdy. but anyways, gx is the best :D

i dont know if ur talking to my but i think it sucks cuz i hate japanese animes: voices sound... weird and not natural and its kinda nerdy. :D

i dont know if ur talking to my but i think it sucks cuz i hate japanese animes: voices sound. :D

i dont know if ur talking to my but :D

wat

On topic, my favorite season was season 2 of the original series.

Buizelster

I like DM. It's good for nostalgia purposes, and for following the manga, but I like GX and 5ds far more.

5ds for it's serious plot and great characters. Neo Domino City and the Satillite really are a sight to behold, and the atmosphere and interactions between the characters just make things feel that much more intense.

GX for it's comical, episodic plot that became more serious as time went on, along with the colorful world of Duel Academia and it's teachers as well as students. GX was a world you could easily connect with and that made it interesting.

You hate Japanese animes yet you're on a forum ABOUT a Japanese anime... and granted a game series but guessing from your avatar you like the anime. So really how does that work?

Last edited:

Shining Latios

Its ok. I miss the old Yugi, Joey and the old show and characters. The old, times are good. I love the new shycnro cards they play in Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds though.

I remember watching the original series since I used to play magic the gathering so I was all into card games. But after a while it just got more and more silly.But maybe that's just the dubs. And now I only watch the abridged series.