• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime or Manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Do you like the Yu-Gi-Oh manga or anime?
I personally like the manga better because the first seven volumes of manga that were only random games instead of cards.

Last edited:
H

Hydrostatic

Manga. Anime is gay especially the English ones. Though they are the same stories... so I don't see the difference b/t the two except that the voice actors and the speeches in the English anime is sooo stupid (all that **** about friendship or w/e).

Encyclopika

The Queen
Manga...the anime is, well...let's just say I always hope no one else comes to watch it with me. XP But both are ok...manga better. The manga shows the bit at the very beginning we didn't get to see in the US.

M

Magi of all

Manga, although I like both well enough, the dub is just stupid. Adding Heart of the Cards and the "Shadow Realm" just ruined what could mave been an OK anime

Encyclopika

The Queen
^Yeah, I know. That "Heart of the Cards" bullshit is so annoying. And the destiny and crap. Everytime Yugi, Yami, or Tea start up with it I'm like "oh, gag me."

Amadeus

Landshark
Hydrostatic said:
Manga. Anime is gay especially the English ones. Though they are the same stories... so I don't see the difference b/t the two except that the voice actors and the speeches in the English anime is sooo stupid (all that **** about friendship or w/e).

I would advise you not to use homophobic language.

The manga is better, largely because the difference between Yami and Yugi is a lot more drastic, the humor is funnier, and the characters show more... well, character.

I find it amusing that in the manga, a few of the staple characters are directly responsible for very violent acts. "Joey" basically killed Cutman, and Yami Yugi set some thugs on fire with spraypaint and a cigarette...

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Amadeus said:
I would advise you not to use homophobic language.

The manga is better, largely because the difference between Yami and Yugi is a lot more drastic, the humor is funnier, and the characters show more... well, character.

I find it amusing that in the manga, a few of the staple characters are directly responsible for very violent acts. "Joey" basically killed Cutman, and Yami Yugi set some thugs on fire with spraypaint and a cigarette...
It's the same in the first series (has no connection to the current dubbed series we know as Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters. Never aired in America). It was just sort of toned down a bit in the later volumes of the manga and not to mention the later anime.

Last edited:
S

Super sayain demon

I like the magan becusce suff there is uncut not the 4kid's edited crap! and pust no filler ( even do like the dom sagas)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Super sayain demon said:
I like the magan becusce suff there is uncut not the 4kid's edited crap! and pust no filler ( even do like the dom sagas)
It's MANGA not MAGAN. And it's called UNEDITED not UNCUT. It's only uncut when it's amnime, where it has scenes where it's uncut, where's the manga, where there's pictures and thus only unedited.

Don't forget that the manga was also edited slightly.

Last edited:

ShadowReaper

I like the Anime better. The manga is kinda cool but I just prefer the Anime because I like Anime alot.

P

PokemonGirlMaster

Manga. I have read some of it. But I think it is okay.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Anime. I've read some of the manga, and I have to say I prefer the anime. I mean, I don't hate the manga, but I'm used to the anime.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Let me all freshen all of your memories.

The Comic debuted in WJ magazine in 1996. In 2000 a second Animé based on Volume five's Yuugi v. Kaiba Duel and Volume 7 (Chapter 60) along with the rest of 8-38 debuted. This Animé was named Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

Now, please remember, when an Comic gets an Animé adaption, to keep things freash and new things are changed so that the fans will not just be watching a carbon copy of the Comic it is adapted from (Please note: Manga is only the JPN word for 'comic').

Also ANY AND ALL FILLER ARCS ARE TO ALLOW THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR/TEAM TO PRINT [weekly] COMIC CHAPTERS AT THEY'RE OWN PACE.

In my opinion, the art of Kazuki Takahashi is better then the Animé's. The filler arcs are fun to watch. But because the Animé is not getting the respect it should here in America I have switched to the Comic (even the Comic is getting edits mind you).

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Yuugis Black Magician said:
Let me all freshen all of your memories.

The Comic debuted in WJ magazine in 1996. In 2000 a second Animé based on Volume five's Yuugi v. Kaiba Duel and Volume 7 (Chapter 60) along with the rest of 8-38 debuted. This Animé was named Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

Now, please remember, when an Comic gets an Animé adaption, to keep things freash and new things are changed so that the fans will not just be watching a carbon copy of the Comic it is adapted from (Please note: Manga is only the JPN word for 'comic').

Also ANY AND ALL FILLER ARCS ARE TO ALLOW THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR/TEAM TO PRINT [weekly] COMIC CHAPTERS AT THEY'RE OWN PACE.

In my opinion, the art of Kazuki Takahashi is better then the Animé's. The filler arcs are fun to watch. But because the Animé is not getting the respect it should here in America I have switched to the Comic (even the Comic is getting edits mind you).
That's what we've been trying to tell Super Sayian Demon for almost decades now. :rolleyes:

G

Genkai5000

Hmm...As a wonderfully, true fan of Yugioh, would have to say both. I enjoy the dubbed and original JP version of the anime. Very fun. ^-^ The voice actors are good. ^_^ Then the manga..I like the original JP...Shonen Jump..Cuts out all the "bad" words and the "violent" scenes..So annoying..X_x

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I prefer the manga. I've seen both the dub and the original anime, but I still like the manga better. I'm not really sure why; I think I like the black-and-white art panels more than the full-color animation for this particular series. I can't really explain why.

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
Believe it or not, I have read some of the YuGiOh Manga. Even though some of them were pretty interesting, I would have to say I prefer to watch the anime. It isn't only because the manga is more violent. The anime that I watch, which are Pokemon, Digimon, and YuGiOh, I watch to feel happy, to feel inspired, and to feel free from the confined space of this reality. I do understand, or at least respect, why people watch anime, or read the manga, for the art or for the violence.
;249-d; ;196; ;rukario; ;359; ;229; ;373;​
I am hidden, yet I am in front of you.​

Status
Not open for further replies.