1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Lorde, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Since this series starts two weeks from now in Japan (April 6 to be exact), I thought I'd make a thread about it with preliminary info:

Plot summary and cast for 1st story arc:

The cast:

Plot summary and cast for the new story arc:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Darn it you beat me to making the ARC-V thread.

Tbh I'm kinda pumped for ARC-V. Yuya's been confirmed to be more of a coward then any past protagonist and his goofy actions are just an attempt to conceal his fears with dueling being his attempt to try and gain confidence while at the same time trying to make everyone else happy. I'm interested to see how he's handled.

Reiji and Yuzu seem cool so I'll give them a shot but I hope their better then Kaito/Kite and Kotori/Tori were.

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm personally not looking forward to Yuya's apparent goofiness; I had enough of that with Yuma. I hope he grows out of it. I'm mostly interested in Reiji and Yuzu

4. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Don't worry Yuya's goofiness will most likely not be as over the top as Yuma's or even Jaden's so it'll be easy to look over it. Reiji is easily gonna be the Kaiba of the series I hope he at least exceeds and hits his own strive as for Yuzu if she at least does something every now and then I can deal with her but I really hope she ain't Kotori 2.0.

5. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

If the new girl does even one thing remotely worth a *censored* in the entire series, she'll be better than Tori.

So this comes out on WrestleMania day? Guess I won't be watching.

6. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

I think Yuzu is confirmed to be a duelist so hopefully she ends up like Alexis and Akiza or better. Girls are treated terribly on Yu-Gi-Oh! so I won't hold my breath.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I also hope that Yuzu duels often and is handled properly. If she ends up being the Kotori of ARC-V, I'm going to be pissed to be honest.

8. Born Better

If hat's true, then she's already better that Tori.

Akiza was great in the beginning. After the Dark Signer Arc, they just buried her...along with Carly. Can't say much for Alexis as I haven't finished GX.

9. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Kind of hope the Mega Monarchs are used in this season. Also that the Odd-Eyes Dragon family becomes the Haxorus of this franchise.

10. PokemonJesus123

PokemonJesus123 The Pokémon Punk

Another protagonist with a wacky hairdoo? Meh I'll see how long I can watch this...
    This still kinda have ZeXal feels to it but I would like to see what Yuya brings to the table

11. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

That's, uhh, kinda been Yu-Gi-Oh!'s thing since day one. Just comes with the territory at this point, really.

12. Born Better

Jaden's hair is actually perfectly normal...by anime standards anyway.

Yuya would be fine if his hair wasn't colored like a freakin tomato.

13. Kurloz Makara

Kurloz Makara Red Death

I'm digging Yuya's design. Especially his Christmas hair! XD he's also so frigging cute omg my heart

This might be the first YGO anime I want to watch since the original. GX wasn't my cup of tea, Yusei bothered me in 5Ds, and Zexal was... frightening to hear about, especially on Tumblr.

14. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

CARD GAMES ON HIPPOS

That is all.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I hope real life cards and archetypes in general get used often in ARC-V. ZEXAL pretty much just showed new anime cards which was lame imo. I hope the new series at least showcases old deck types too.

16. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

Hmm I just want them to print most of the better anime cards without nerfing them too hard. There are so many cards that they can print and make good but then they decide to either print the lamer cards or just nerf the hell out of the good cards that they do decide to print.

17. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

I lost interest in the show and game with Zexal. The show was pretty much unbearable and the game got way too confusing and it seemed like it regressed from the synchro stuff.

This one doesn't sound any different, tbh.

18. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing you're one of those people who watched only the first few episodes of Zexal?

The Barian arc is really good, you should try to watch it :)

And the card game itself already started going back to Synchros, in fact just recently we finally got a generic "1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner" Level 11 Synchro.

Lightsworn archetype also got new Tuner and a Synchro.

Also, confusing? Xyz is one of the easiest mechanic ever, you just need to control 2/3 monsters of the same Level, then put them on top of each other, then place the Xyz monster whose Rank is the same as the monsters' Level, on top of them.....in my opinion it's actually easier and much more accessible than Synchro :p

as for Arc-V......

I'm guessing this will be 5Ds all over again, with Action Duel being much more common than the standard standing Duel.....

19. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

It's kind of a trademark thing for the YGO series, all of the protagonists have hair based off of some kind of sea creature.

The first episode pre-airing is happening tomorrow and I'm excited to see how Action Duels play out. The fact that duelists can just roam around the field and pick up free cards to use in the duel is interesting. I just wonder how duels will play out when duelists are all over the damn battlefield.

20. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I sincerely hope that ARC-V is better than ZEXAL; I wasn't fond of that series and I hope ARC-V is slightly more mature and hopefully Yuya won't hog 70% of the duels. :p