• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since this series starts two weeks from now in Japan (April 6 to be exact), I thought I'd make a thread about it with preliminary info:

Plot summary and cast for 1st story arc:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V centers around Yuya Sakaki, as he tries to escape from harsh reality by smiling. But one Duel leads him to make a determination to confront the difficulties and he will get the power of infinite possibilities. The show's main theme is "Take a step forward with courage!!"

Yuya is a student at a preparatory school, learning to become an "entertainment Duelist", a type of professional Duelist.

The story is set in Maiami City on the coast of Japan. Leo Corporation is run by its president Reiji Akaba. Thanks to the spread of the company's "Solid Vision with mass," "Action Duels" are born in Maiami City and has reached worldwide popularity. Children look up to star-level Pro Duelists, and they learn Summoning and Duel styles at various large and small cram schools, including the Yushu Juku that Yuya attends and the largest such school, Leo Duel School (LDS).

One day, Yuya ends up fighting an exhibition match with the current champion of Pro Duel world…

The cast:

Yuya Sakaki: An 8th Grader who loves to entertain others. He’s a bit short, but he has a resilient and spry body, and he’s honing his skills in Action Duel at Yushu Juku . His dream is to become an “Entertainment Duelist” who makes everyone smile, just like his father! The sparkling pendant he wears is his lucky charm.

Yuzu Hiiragi: Yuya’s childhood friend who often cheers him on and encourages him. She’s a powerful and level-headed girl. The school of Yushu Juku is run by her father, where she and Yuya study Action Dueling. Her Special Skill is being a Tsukkomi with a Harisen.

Reiji Akaba: The President of “Leo Corporation”, a major company in the city of Maiami. He possesses a genius-level intellect, and is a Super-Elite Duelist to boot. He is the youngest Duelist in history to be certified to Duel in the Professional Circuit, at age 15.

Shiunin Sora: Interested in the Pendulum Summon Yuya does in his Duels, this mysterious boy decides to become his apprentice. He’s so cute that everyone falls madly in love with him!?
Plot summary and cast for the new story arc:

The nine Lancers crossed into the other dimensions!

-Thanks to the efforts of Yuuya and others, the invaders from the Fusion Dimension were stopped by a narrow margin. Reiji formed the Lancers group, with Yuuya as a central member, in order to fight against the other dimensions. In order to form an alliance with the Duelists of the Synchro Dimension, the group crossed into their dimension!

-Sakaki Yuuya: In order to save his lover Yuzu, whose whereabouts is currently unknown, Yuuya went to the Synchro Dimension, as a member of the Lancers.

-Serena: A Duelist who came from the Fusion Dimension. Strongly resembles Yuzu, in terms of facial features and height.

-Akaba Reiji: Used Elite Duelists to form his Lancers group, in order to stop the ambition of his father, Akaba Leo.

-Dennis Macfield: An exchange student from LDS Broadway branch. He seems to have some connection with the Fusion Dimension, but…?

Last edited:

J Ken

RAVE
Darn it you beat me to making the ARC-V thread.

Tbh I'm kinda pumped for ARC-V. Yuya's been confirmed to be more of a coward then any past protagonist and his goofy actions are just an attempt to conceal his fears with dueling being his attempt to try and gain confidence while at the same time trying to make everyone else happy. I'm interested to see how he's handled.

Reiji and Yuzu seem cool so I'll give them a shot but I hope their better then Kaito/Kite and Kotori/Tori were.

Lorde

I'm personally not looking forward to Yuya's apparent goofiness; I had enough of that with Yuma. I hope he grows out of it. I'm mostly interested in Reiji and Yuzu

J Ken

RAVE
Don't worry Yuya's goofiness will most likely not be as over the top as Yuma's or even Jaden's so it'll be easy to look over it. Reiji is easily gonna be the Kaiba of the series I hope he at least exceeds and hits his own strive as for Yuzu if she at least does something every now and then I can deal with her but I really hope she ain't Kotori 2.0.

Born Better

God of Lightning
If the new girl does even one thing remotely worth a *censored* in the entire series, she'll be better than Tori.

So this comes out on WrestleMania day? Guess I won't be watching.

Lorde

I think Yuzu is confirmed to be a duelist so hopefully she ends up like Alexis and Akiza or better. Girls are treated terribly on Yu-Gi-Oh! so I won't hold my breath.

I also hope that Yuzu duels often and is handled properly. If she ends up being the Kotori of ARC-V, I'm going to be pissed to be honest.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I think Yuzu is confirmed to be a duelist so hopefully she ends up like Alexis and Akiza or better. Girls are treated terribly on Yu-Gi-Oh! so I won't hold my breath.

If hat's true, then she's already better that Tori.

Akiza was great in the beginning. After the Dark Signer Arc, they just buried her...along with Carly. Can't say much for Alexis as I haven't finished GX.

uber gon

Accept Change
Kind of hope the Mega Monarchs are used in this season. Also that the Odd-Eyes Dragon family becomes the Haxorus of this franchise.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Another protagonist with a wacky hairdoo? Meh I'll see how long I can watch this...
This still kinda have ZeXal feels to it but I would like to see what Yuya brings to the table

Akashin

Another protagonist with a wacky hairdoo? Meh I'll see how long I can watch this...
This still kinda have ZeXal feels to it but I would like to see what Yuya brings to the table

That's, uhh, kinda been Yu-Gi-Oh!'s thing since day one. Just comes with the territory at this point, really.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Jaden's hair is actually perfectly normal...by anime standards anyway.

Yuya would be fine if his hair wasn't colored like a freakin tomato.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I'm digging Yuya's design. Especially his Christmas hair! XD he's also so frigging cute omg my heart

This might be the first YGO anime I want to watch since the original. GX wasn't my cup of tea, Yusei bothered me in 5Ds, and Zexal was... frightening to hear about, especially on Tumblr.

Lorde

Kind of hope the Mega Monarchs are used in this season. Also that the Odd-Eyes Dragon family becomes the Haxorus of this franchise.

I hope real life cards and archetypes in general get used often in ARC-V. ZEXAL pretty much just showed new anime cards which was lame imo. I hope the new series at least showcases old deck types too.

J Ken

RAVE
Hmm I just want them to print most of the better anime cards without nerfing them too hard. There are so many cards that they can print and make good but then they decide to either print the lamer cards or just nerf the hell out of the good cards that they do decide to print.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I lost interest in the show and game with Zexal. The show was pretty much unbearable and the game got way too confusing and it seemed like it regressed from the synchro stuff.

This one doesn't sound any different, tbh.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I lost interest in the show and game with Zexal. The show was pretty much unbearable and the game got way too confusing and it seemed like it regressed from the synchro stuff.

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing you're one of those people who watched only the first few episodes of Zexal?

The Barian arc is really good, you should try to watch it :)

And the card game itself already started going back to Synchros, in fact just recently we finally got a generic "1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner" Level 11 Synchro.

Lightsworn archetype also got new Tuner and a Synchro.

Also, confusing? Xyz is one of the easiest mechanic ever, you just need to control 2/3 monsters of the same Level, then put them on top of each other, then place the Xyz monster whose Rank is the same as the monsters' Level, on top of them.....in my opinion it's actually easier and much more accessible than Synchro :p

as for Arc-V......

I'm guessing this will be 5Ds all over again, with Action Duel being much more common than the standard standing Duel.....

nuzamaki90

It's kind of a trademark thing for the YGO series, all of the protagonists have hair based off of some kind of sea creature.

The first episode pre-airing is happening tomorrow and I'm excited to see how Action Duels play out. The fact that duelists can just roam around the field and pick up free cards to use in the duel is interesting. I just wonder how duels will play out when duelists are all over the damn battlefield.

Lorde

I sincerely hope that ARC-V is better than ZEXAL; I wasn't fond of that series and I hope ARC-V is slightly more mature and hopefully Yuya won't hog 70% of the duels. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.