• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Blah! This episode was just like the last. Jack and Gongenzaka put up a good fight with some impressive moves and card plays. I liked seeing Gongenzaka's cards. His steadfast dueling is always a treat to see and Sawatari was entertaining today as well. The duel is of course pointless because they make all these big plays and Zarc just says his effect makes them all useless and he doesn't lose life points. So this Zarc duel is just really boring because the heroes are dueling plot armor and can't win or make a dent in Zarc's life points. So for me this duel is just pointless and boring. The best thing about the episode was seeing Chojuro back. If only he came into the duel screaming "enjoy" But other then that this duel is boring. Zarc can't be beaten and seeing everyone pull off these really impressive moves only to have Zarc crush them with bs card effects has gotten stale. Arc V is really dragging it's feet with this Zarc duel. Hurry up and get to Reiji and Ray finally dueling him.

And the best facial expression goes to Jack Atlas right before he got blasted and lost the duel. Otherwise a boring episode.

NeoDude-5000

I would agree I but I think this one was slightly better for a few reasons: 1) Lots of Synchro's, 2) One of the good guys actually lasted a extra turn, good one Jack you did better than those before you, and 3) Jack's brutal wipeout, he has had wipeouts before but not like this one (score 10/10 - for the wipeout not the episode) What didn't work: 1) Sylvio "I am greatest there is, I'm gonna save the universe..." can't wait for him to be silenced next time, 2) Crow's resurrection wasn't explained clearly but it might be next time, and 3) Leo what are you doing!?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The newest episode was like the past two episodes in that Zarc had the upper hand and didn't even break a sweat. I liked how Jack fell off his duel runner tho cuz that scene looked painful and I also liked that Leo apparently started undoing his plan by the end.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Crow's revived out of nowhere and now leo is trying to separate the dimensions again? WHAT!? if leo separates the dimensions doesn't that men ray's gone too? Isn't ray the sole reason you wanted to unite the dimensions in the 1st place? You have a lot to explain, mister. Crow's revival at least makes some sort of sense. Since the dimensions started to merge, the carded people are being revived. Which means Leo's plan isn't as evil as i thought it was at first. But the plot demands him so here it is ladies and gentleman, crow's back to take a 1-2 turn beating. Aren't we happy he got revived...sigh.

As for the duel, it's getting boring. When you think they'll do some denting here comes the most broken pendulum cards to the rescue. Zarc's deck is basically the "you can't play" deck. summon from the extra deck? get rekt. draw cards out of drawing phase or use action cards? get rekt. attack me inflicting damage? thanks, i needed extra life points. Use effect damage? thanks for more LP. Why don't they force zarc to build his field with each couple of duelists? why forcing yourself to go, with half your LP to a set up field in which you can't play the game? Bah! boring and dragging, i want this duel to be over already.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The only legit way I can see Zarc losing right now to a normal duelist is if that duelist is lucky enough to have all 5 pieces of Exodia on the first turn or the first draw phase. However I would not be surprised if Zarc can somehow negate even a automatic win ability like that.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The only legit way I can see Zarc losing right now to a normal duelist is if that duelist is lucky enough to have all 5 pieces of Exodia on the first turn or the first draw phase. However I would not be surprised if Zarc can somehow negate even a automatic win ability like that.

HAHAHAHA that would be so stupidly hilarious.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So apparently Declan will be using upgraded forms of Alexander, Caesar and Genghis when he duels Zarc. I was hoping he'd just use new D/D/D Extra Deck monsters or Beowulf again, but I guess beggars can't be choosers hee hee. ^^;

NeoDude-5000

That could be Zorc's ability if Konami have the decency to release him. But yeah seriously we all wish Yugi was here he'll save the day

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But yeah seriously we all wish Yugi was here he'll save the day

I don't since Yugi's story ended ages ago. I mean even if he had come back in Arc V, we would've gotten some alternate universe version of him any ways and not the original Yugi. That's why I haven't enjoyed the Jack, Crow, Kite, Aster and Alexis returns as much since they're not the same characters as their counterparts from Zexal, 5D's and GX. :[

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Did anyone else laugh at Leo's duel against Zarc? Like seriously? That made me laugh so hard. Worst. Villain. Ever.

Anyway the duel between Sawatari and Crow vs Zarc was more or less the same. It was the best of the jobber duels I will say that. Crow managed to actually inflict damage on Zarc but man what a hassle that was. Sawatari has some really good effects and Zarc's cheap effects stopped them all. I'm glad Crow and Sawatari took jabs at how stupidly cheap Zarc is. You can't even play the game against him because of all his game breaking abilities. It was cool to see The kids from Yuya's school back as well as Yuzu's father back. I missed those characters. I hope we see more old faces because it looks like everyone will be watching Reiji vs Zarc.

And the award for best facial expression goes to Sora, Edo, Shun, Kaito, Gongenzaka, and Jack when they though Sawatari defeated Zarc. That was second only to Leo's "duel" with Zarc. Worst. Villain. Ever. But man was that funny XD

NeoDude-5000

Leo got trolled big time, possibly the biggest epic fail in Yu-Gi-Oh! history. But in all seriousness though something about that peaked my curiosity, when Leo sent his Pendulum Ruler to the graveyard he said that "Right everything is set" so that he could use the 4 natural energy cards. So something tells me that Ray must have fusion cards and thus was able to use those 4 cards. If you think about it her reincarnations do use fusion summoning (mainly since Rin and Lulu were forced to by those stupid parasites) so it would make sense right?

Also did it occur to anyone that Crow actually a Blackwing from the manga!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Sylvio did pretty good against Zarc from my point of view. He was bound to lose, but he impressed me. Crow was good too and Leo getting beaten so quick was funny in a sad kind of way since his two duels thus far have been so bad. I'm looking forward to next week's episode however. :]

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't realize Crow used a Blackwing from the manga. I haven't read all of 5D's Manga yet. But that sounds cool. I always wanted to see the manga Elemental Heroes in anime form. Or the Masked Heroes.

If we're lucky Reiji will defeat Zarc and end this horrible duel. If they were smart they'd wait until Zarc's turn was over so they get the 4000 LP and Zarc's field is reset so they can stop him before he gets all that broken abilities up. I can't wait for this duel to be over. Then the real villain of Arc V can show his face and that guy is Amon Garam.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I always wanted to see the manga Elemental Heroes in anime form. Or the Masked Heroes.

Hee hee, me too. I also wanted to see Aster's Vision Hero cards which he used in the manga, animated. The writers should've replaced his Destiny Heroes with Vision Heroes in Arc V from my perspective since they're also Fusion based. ^^

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
akaba leo...what a joke. I see the setup for ray but the way he lost was just too funny. Do these people not know that backrow exists after it's set? he had 2 cards there. I guess i wasn't too wrong on reira being controlled by ray in the end but let's wait and see how that turns out. With the 4 spell cards in the graveyard all that ray needs to do is, after reiji cleared zarc's last backrow card to retrieve them while not activating supreme king dragon's effect, something like sawatari's play, and go for it.

Once again, JUST END THE F*CKING DUEL AND RESTART! but now that there are actually set conditions for the 4 spell cards to be used i guess there was a reason we had to sit through this boring grind of jobbers. And one thing that also bothered me a lot since the 2nd pair of duelists fought zarc. Why not tell all of the coming challengers that zarc can summon on their turn if they fusion, synchro, xyz or pendulum? they talked to the next guys, why not telling them that very important detail?

I think we got the funniest most ridiculous moment of yugioh since it's inception. When your main villain for so long can only play 1 card and send 1 monster to the graveyard and then getting destroyed right there and then. B ut speaking of him, what the hell was that thing reira said? that leo was planing on separating the dimensions again? because ray is there, the carded people are returning, and i don't see any signs of the dimensions separating again. I'm so confused about that.

Born Better

God of Lightning
It' s funny how the jobber and producers' pet were the one to actually damage and shake up Zarc. Leo was meh. Other than that, another week, another squash match.

So is this like the longest duel in the series? If not, it's gotta be close.

Akashin

So is this like the longest duel in the series? If not, it's gotta be close.

Unless there are any others I'm misremembering, Lancers (+Affiliates) vs. Zarc will tie with Yugi vs. Pegasus' five this coming weekend. The current summary for 141 suggests next weekend will be the end of it, but something about that summary makes me hesitant to buy it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
that leo was planing on separating the dimensions again? because ray is there, the carded people are returning, and i don't see any signs of the dimensions separating again. I'm so confused about that.

I was confused too regarding why Riley saw Ray in the end when supposedly Leo cancelled his plan. It seems like Yuzu and the other girls did merge after all and the carded people weren't needed since it looks like the Resistance duelists got de-carded.

Unless there are any others I'm misremembering, Lancers (+Affiliates) vs. Zarc will tie with Yugi vs. Pegasus' five this coming weekend. The current summary for 141 suggests next weekend will be the end of it, but something about that summary makes me hesitant to buy it.
Yugi vs Kaiba in battle City was 6, and also Yugi/Kaiba vs Dartz was 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.