• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Koya

Later Losers
The newest episode was fine. I just hope Reiji beats Yuya, Sawatari already has the Chazz like rival thing down so Reiji should be like Zane.

NeoDude-5000

Pretty amazing that Reiji summoned a Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monster respectively in one episode. Next episode he will Pendulum summon (how he does it I don't know, probably takes Yuya's pendant), making it 4 different summon types from one guy in one duel. Has it actually happened before? Also does Reiji know to Ritual summon, or is it now a rotted away monster type that no one cares about?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For Christ's sake, that shivers kid was so effing annoying in episode 12; the writers need to ditch him as soon as possible imo. Reiji's deck was cool though even if it seemed like a generic swarm deck. At least he Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Summoned all in one episode.

NeoDude-5000

Just the 13th episode, I can now officially say this: Reiji is so Kaiba 2.0! He has 3 copies of his ace monster! I wouldn't be too surprised if they have an evolved form the has 4500 ATK. And because Reiji has Fusion, Synchro and Xyz DDD monsters I'm guessing they will each have an Fusion, Synchro and Xyz evolution. Also the field spell from the opening is in the next episode, and I thought it was only a backdrop.

Lorde

Reiji's ace monster looked lame in my opinion, but I cackled when his Pendulum Monsters malfunctioned. Also, I was disappointed that the duel was interrupted just when Reiji was about to use his trump card. Oh well.

Prince Manaphy

I like Empoleon too.
I was wondering if Reiji had any chance of beating Yuya after his Pendelum Scales went haywire (the same could be for Yuya trying to beat Reiji). If any case, that face down card would have been the coup de grace for the entire duel.

My two cents is that his face down cards return his Pendelum Cards Gallliei and Kepler back to the hand and he can resummon them to fix the Pendelum Scales back to original. Then he summons his three ace cards and finish Yuya.

But anyways, I thought Episodes 12 and 13 were the best! I love the characters of Reiji and Yuya. But the fat kid needs to go. He's a bother.

Last edited:

Lorde

Apparently something called the Junior Youth Tournament is coming up and the first opponent will use a Cookmate deck. I wish he was a Madolche user instead, but alas. Anyway, it seems a bit early for a tournament arc in my opinion.

Akashin

Apparently something called the Junior Youth Tournament is coming up and the first opponent will use a Cookmate deck. I wish he was a Madolche user instead, but alas. Anyway, it seems a bit early for a tournament arc in my opinion.

Sounds more like something along the lines of the Sports Duel Tournament or Couple Duel Tournament to me, but we'll see I guess. Either way, while I wouldn't say it's too early for a tournament arc (the Fortune Cup started around this time; Episode 15, if I recall), this tournament doesn't really sound like the sort of thing a big arc will be made of.

Born Better

God of Lightning
But the fat kid needs to go. He's a bother.

My thoughts exactly, though bother isn't the word I'd use. I was really thinking the same about Gongenzaka(?) before his duel. Now I actually kinda like him, though I wish he'd can it with the "incarnation of man" garbage.

Didn't the fortune cup lead into the dark signer arc?

edit again: I really hate how everyone does a freaking chant or whatever when summoning now. It was alright in 5D's, and it got annoying in Zexal when every relevant character started doing it. Now they're just way over doing it having everyone do it with every single summon.

Last edited:

Lorde

Yuya and Shuzou's duel was all right. I loved that Shuzou was able to corner Yuya and almost won had he not ended his turn after Pendulum Summoning. Seems that someone named Marco from LDS was attacked though, likely by the "other" Yuya.

uber gon

Accept Change
And in today's episode millions of Star Wars fans cry out in distress over "lightsaber duel disks". More after these messages.

Lorde

Episode 15 slayed in my opinion. Seeing Sawatari back was cool, as was Yuya panicked facial expressions. I'm glad Masumi and her LDS pals remained relevant and I'm glad that Sora was teaching Yuzu how to Fusion Summon, plus his ninja-esque duel disk battle with "Dark" Yuya was amusing.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I've got to say that not everyone knowing or understanding how certain summons work is kind of a cool concept. I like that Yuzu wants to learn how to fusion and wonder how her deck will change at all. I am really curious as to what Sora's whole plot is going to turn into.

Anyone else get annoyed at everyone in the show having their ace monster and always using it. I'm particularly getting annoyed that every time Yuya pendulum summons, Odd Eyes is always just magically in his hand. I'd like it better if there was a bit more strategy other than "get your favorite monster out on the field as fast as possible" mentality.

Lorde

Anyone else get annoyed at everyone in the show having their ace monster and always using it. I'm particularly getting annoyed that every time Yuya pendulum summons, Odd Eyes is always just magically in his hand. I'd like it better if there was a bit more strategy other than "get your favorite monster out on the field as fast as possible" mentality.

That's been a problem since like ZEXAL, sadly. I've already come to the conclusion that I don't like Yuya's deck at all. His Entermate monsters look too cartoonish and childish for my tastes.

Akashin

That's been a problem since like ZEXAL, sadly. I've already come to the conclusion that I don't like Yuya's deck at all. His Entermate monsters look too cartoonish and childish for my tastes.

To be fair, ace monster abuse was a thing in 5Ds as well (post-DS Arc, anyway; not so much before then). It definitely grew more pronounced in ZEXAL though, especially with Yuma who had a myriad of other options at any given time.

Born Better

God of Lightning
It was a thing in 5Ds, but it wasn't really that bad as they at least remembered they had other cards in their decks. Same with Arc-V so far, though Yuya always starting with Odd Eyes is going to be a pain. ZeXal, on the other hand was just horrible about it.

LizardonX

Banned
How so? Utopia is an extra deck monster so its always acessible whenever he has 2 level 4 monsters of any kind. Yuya draws into the magicians or odd eyes or both in the first couple of turns always so its actually worse than zexal in that regard.

Lorde

It was a thing in 5Ds, but it wasn't really that bad as they at least remembered they had other cards in their decks. Same with Arc-V so far, though Yuya always starting with Odd Eyes is going to be a pain. ZeXal, on the other hand was just horrible about it.

I agree. I hated that in ZEXAL and the newest summary for Episode 17 makes me think of Yuma as well:

Yuya faces a ferocious attack against Michio Mokota’s Cooking Duel. Fighting against Michio who concocts a perfect strategy with his recipes, yet Yuya does not have enough stamina to obtain Action Cards as his stomach is empty… However, in the midst of the pinch, Yuya meets with his savior, providing him with the stamina he needs to fight on. And then, with his Entertainment Duel, the counter-attack begins.

Yuya's been decent so far, but my respect for him may take a dive in that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.