• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I have a psp but it will not be a free dowload i assume. Still, i think they should make games for both systems though, the WC 5d's games on the ds were awesome and the tagforce games...they were even better. I had the GX tagforces (they stopped selling them in here) and i absolutely loved those. I currently have duel carnival on the 3ds and although it's really fun to make decks with all the cards unlocked from the get go, i would rather have to buy them.

Those are really bananas on hyugo's hair. LOL. I'm really looking forward to see yuri's deck and if reiji will ever do anything else but spying on people. Reiji's brother is looking a whole lot like hart. Younger brother with a weird look to it, possibly with special powers. Will he also have an important role in the story too?

So if yuya and yuzu have counterparts across all dimensions, does everyone have them or are they ultra special? I assume the dimensions are parallel worlds so i would like to see sora, reiji, etc. counterparts on the other dimensions at least once, even if they are not relevant whatsoever. I assume the other dimension counterparts of those characters are just normal people but it would be cool to see them. Maybe in the last episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yuzu messed up big time! She should've also grabbed Ute's duel disk like 2 feet away from where Yuya collapsed. Now Reiji's gonna do evil things with it :(

I still don't see Reiji as evil per se; he's obviously got his own agenda and all, but his dad seems like the real villain from the way he's been described.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Yuzu messed up big time! She should've also grabbed Ute's duel disk like 2 feet away from where Yuya collapsed. Now Hipster Kaiba's gonna do evil things with it :(

Yeah, come on yuzu, it was right there!

Born Better

God of Lightning
Except she was busy with Yuya and as soon as she went to him, whatshisface picked Yuto's deck up. Besides, she probably didn't see it anyway.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
She didn't even know about Ute being there so it's not like she could have known.

Yes, it was visible to us the audience, but possibly [and likely] it wasn't visible in a good angle to her.
Didn't her bracelet only start glowing once Ute was introduced? It did glow after he and Yuya combined, so she should've known Ute was there just recently. And I'll accept that reasoning. Even if there were still streetlights, even if the moonlight was still bright, even if there was no way Ute's duel disk was more than a foot or two away since Yuya was like only an inch away from, maybe she panicked and her eyes only focused on Yuya, and not the duel disc she clearly saw Ute holding for a few episodes.

I have a psp but it will not be a free dowload i assume. Still, i think they should make games for both systems though, the WC 5d's games on the ds were awesome and the tagforce games...they were even better. I had the GX tagforces (they stopped selling them in here) and i absolutely loved those. I currently have duel carnival on the 3ds and although it's really fun to make decks with all the cards unlocked from the get go, i would rather have to buy them.

Those are really bananas on hyugo's hair. LOL. I'm really looking forward to see yuri's deck and if reiji will ever do anything else but spying on people. Reiji's brother is looking a whole lot like hart. Younger brother with a weird look to it, possibly with special powers. Will he also have an important role in the story too?

So if yuya and yuzu have counterparts across all dimensions, does everyone have them or are they ultra special? I assume the dimensions are parallel worlds so i would like to see sora, reiji, etc. counterparts on the other dimensions at least once, even if they are not relevant whatsoever. I assume the other dimension counterparts of those characters are just normal people but it would be cool to see them. Maybe in the last episode.

Of course not. Not one of the Tag Force games have been free so far. You have a PSP, so just import it or emulate it when it comes out, but make sure to buy a copy someday down the line. Even if the PSP is dead nowadays, I think it will still release in the US as a PSN exclusive like Zexal WDC was Eshop Exclusive. I also have WDC, and while I appreciate selling it for only $20 since it has a lot of cut content from the JPN release, I would have gladly payed the full $40 for an uncut version.

I think Reiji's little brother will play an important role. Why else does he have a hoody on? What a shady character.

When you create a parallel or alternate universes, there are bound to be characters similar to the ones in the base universe, but also differences. Ruri from the XYZ dimension has a brother, Shun, but Yuzu from Standard does not, for example. Could Reiji's XYZ counterpart be Shun? Maybe, maybe not. If we don't counterparts of every character, it might just be because they aren't important to the overall plot. Standard Reiji is a dueling ace, but maybe Fusion Reiji is a master fashion designer, who knows.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
When you create a parallel or alternate universes, there are bound to be characters similar to the ones in the base universe, but also differences. Ruri from the XYZ dimension has a brother, Shun, but Yuzu from Standard does not, for example. Could Reiji's XYZ counterpart be Shun? Maybe, maybe not. If we don't counterparts of every character, it might just be because they aren't important to the overall plot. Standard Reiji is a dueling ace, but maybe Fusion Reiji is a master fashion designer, who knows.

Yeah, that's what i think, that those counterparts are irrelevant to the story at all. And that's why i would like to see at least some of them in the last episode or something, just for curiosity's sake. Reiji's brother doesn't come as a bad guy, but as i said, he can have some sort of special ability that makes him go nuts like hart. Hopefully reiji's father is not as lame as a villain (if he's the villain) as dr. faker because good god dr. faker sucked. And again with the father of a very strong duelist who has a younger brother is the villain. I guess it's just an yugioh trope now.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Is it a trope if it's only been going on for two continuous shows? There was nothing like it in 5Ds or GX. I guess you could say compare Kite and Reiji to Kaiba, but Mokuba was a digital dummy, and Gozoboro... What did he do again? He was the villain of the Big Five IIRC.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Didn't her bracelet only start glowing once Ute was introduced? It did glow after he and Yuya combined, so she should've known Ute was there just recently. And I'll accept that reasoning. Even if there were still streetlights, even if the moonlight was still bright, even if there was no way Ute's duel disk was more than a foot or two away since Yuya was like only an inch away from, maybe she panicked and her eyes only focused on Yuya, and not the duel disc she clearly saw Ute holding for a few episodes.
Whenever her bracelet shines Ute disappears. Yuya's also unconscious so it's not like she can ask him anything. For all she knows, Ute was there and teleportaled before she arrived thanks to her magical bracelet she was born with.

And yeah, let's go with that.

Lorde

We have some preliminary info on episode 40:

Episode 40: The Warrior of Academia
25th January
Reiji tracks down someone who attacked Hokuto.

I'm kind of tired of Hokuto being portrayed as weak, but at least it seems as if Reiji might actually duel Yuri since he's most likely the "Warrior of Academia."

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Eh, it doesn't really matter that Yuto's deck is with Reiji. The most important card, Dark Rebellion, is with Yuya anyway.

Kinda makes me wonder if Yuya will summon it in the future. Would make a great surprise for everyone, summoning a Fusion then an Xyz. As far as I can remember, the LDS didn't knew yet about Yuya having 2 Fusions now, let alone a new Xyz. The only problem would be that it doesn't match Yuya's cheerful carnival deck theme at all, lol

And considering the whole counterpart thing and the names of the other counterparts (Yuya, Yugo, and now Yuri), I don't think "Ute" is the correct name. Not the first time they messed up with the romaji name anyway, I think it already happened before in Zexal or 5Ds.

Still, the question is why did they manage to butcher Yuto's name when Yugo is in the same duel and his name is written correctly.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Oh yeah, after checking it again, they wrote it as Hyugo.

I guess we'll have to see first the way they write Yuri's name.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yuto = Ute
Yugo = Hyuugo
Yuri = Purée (P is silent lolololol)

It's 2015. When is Arc-V airing outside Japan? Also, anyone know the Japanese tournament scene right now with Pendulum monsters? Are they as great as in the anime?

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
It's Hyugo. Yes, one U, not two. Just like how it's Yuya and not Yuuya, even though Yuuya is probably how the kanji is transcribed.

If it says so on-screen, it's the 'official' name. And sure, I'm sure that you guys will either keep using Yuto and Yugo instead of Ute and Hyugo, just like it was Droite and not Dolowa, but the point is, this is the name we're shown. Take it or leave it.

When is Arc-V airing outside Japan?

Well, first they need to finish ZEARU2. There's 7 or so episodes left. Assuming they've finished the first few episodes already, it'll probably start in March.

Lorde

Oh yeah, after checking it again, they wrote it as Hyugo.

Tbh I don't care how they spelled it; I'm still calling him Yugo since that's what his name sounds like. Yuto is also better than that travesty of a name, Ute.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
so why no episode this week? they didn't say anything about it in the last one. Sigh...

NeoDude-5000

41st episode revealed: The Land of Ambition - Duel Academia, I guess we're back to Duel Academy, or rather Duel Military School

Lorde

41st episode revealed: The Land of Ambition - Duel Academia, I guess we're back to Duel Academy, or rather Duel Military School

It doesn't seem to be GX's Duel Academy from what we've seen, so I can't say that I'm hyped for it. Hopefully we'll get more backstory on Sora though.

Status
Not open for further replies.