• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't get the salt towards Reiji; he's essentially a rival for Yuya, but unlike say Kaiba, he's not an arrogant jerk. God forbid should we have a respectful rival for once.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I don't get the salt towards Reiji; he's essentially a rival for Yuya, but unlike say Kaiba, he's not an arrogant jerk. God forbid should we have a respectful rival for once.

I know he's like the genius, always in control type of character but much like blue and silver there's just something satisfying about jerks that never accomplish their goals because of the main characters that are usually friendly and caring. I think that's why i like the douchy rivals over your brendans/mays, biancas, shaunnas and tiernos. But that flashback made him at least relatable and not that wall of nothing (emotionally speaking) he was until now. We can now see his goal and for me it made him more interesting. I think arc V is missing some pep/stirring(?) in the main cast. Sure sora was friends with the gang but now we see he never really was that at all. Serena, if to join the main cast, is too serious so there's no excitement in there. Shingo would be the perfect guy to balance this but he's out for the time being so maybe after the tournament ends. And speaking of excitement boy was i wrong, dennis is not izaya it's natsu (but he sounded so similar to izaya that i was sure). that's so cool!

Born Better

God of Lightning

I'm not saying he needs to be an *******, he just needs a personality.

Come to think of it, I don't think there are any characters like that I like.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Wait, Reiji doesn't have a personality?

I think the 'minimum requirements to have a personality' have gotten higher than I expected, in all honestly...

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

Last episode gave him that, i also though he was expressionless and just wanted too control everything, he was cold and we didn't know why. But that flashback gave us the reason why he's like that. When he was younger he was just a regular (although already a genius) kid, that just wanted to know why his dad disappeared to another dimension. When he found out what his dad was up to he just built the defenses to the standard dimension, in case his dad comes to conquer it. He's still the same way as in the beginning but now we know why. And that's why i like him more now. That was exactly what was missing from reiji, relatability.

BlueDragonfangirl

Kiba had personality? Well that's news to me. The only one that gives him personality is that abridged series. Guess him hating Joey was some thing. Any ways, I'd say Reiji is my favorite rival on the Yugioh series, Jack from 5D would have been too but the later half the series kind of ruined his character in my opinion. I'm liking what they are doing with Reiji's character so far, he's a flippin genius the way he handles things, I also like how he respects Yuya. FYI, up coming episodes sound awesome! I kind of want Dennis to be apart of the group but him being from another school chances are slim :(

First time we saw Yuya get angry was in his first battle with Reiji, this time sounds ten times worse than that. Man am I looking forward to it :D

Akashin

Kiba had personality? Well that's news to me. The only one that gives him personality is that abridged series. Guess him hating Joey was some thing.

Err, okay. I'm equally baffled by the people who say Reiji has no personality (unless what they're really saying is that he lacks expressiveness or something?), but I'm not sure how anybody could claim Kaiba was lacking in that regard, either.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Err, okay. I'm equally baffled by the people who say Reiji has no personality (unless what they're really saying is that he lacks expressiveness or something?), but I'm not sure how anybody could claim Kaiba was lacking in that regard, either.

Yeah, that was i what i meant, expression. Even with his mother he was kinda cold and a little distant. But now we know, he has the pressure of making everything in order to defend his dimension.

In regards of kaiba, he does have a personality. He's cocky and thinks he can do everything on his own, rejecting any help from his "friends" that he doesn't even consider them as that. He cares for his brother and does everything to save him. And he really really likes to show everyone how awesome he is (that landing on the stage by jetpack man!).

Judging by the opening (because that's the only shot we got so far, excluding his flash appearance in 1 episode) fusion yuya looks even more nuts than sora and sora is pretty nuts. Kinda like shingetsu in his true form. I'm really looking forward to see how he is.

Lorde

I'd take Reiji's calm and composed demeanor over him being an exact clone of a previous rival character any day tbh. Imma need a rematch between him and Yuya soon though.

LizardonX

Banned
Kaiba doesn't need a personality.

He has more money than you'll ever see in your life and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Lorde

Yuzu was amazing in episode 43; I love how she beat Olga and Khalil, especially how she used De-Fusion at the end. And Yuya finally used Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon without losing control, which was neat too imo.

NeoDude-5000

I was actually thinking that Yuya would go berserk whenever he uses Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, but he won the duel using that card in a good way this time around. So I guess this means Yuya isn't afraid to use Xyz Dragon any more.

LizardonX

Banned
I think the berserk comes more from Yuya having had enough of Kachidoki's crap and just unleashed all his fury at once rather than DRXD being evil. That scene is probably reserved for when Yuya tries to use the fusion dragon.

Not that kachidoki didn't derserve it.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Kiba had personality? Well that's news to me. The only one that gives him personality is that abridged series. Guess him hating Joey was some thing. Any ways, I'd say Reiji is my favorite rival on the Yugioh series, Jack from 5D would have been too but the later half the series kind of ruined his character in my opinion. I'm liking what they are doing with Reiji's character so far, he's a flippin genius the way he handles things, I also like how he respects Yuya. FYI, up coming episodes sound awesome! I kind of want Dennis to be apart of the group but him being from another school chances are slim :(

First time we saw Yuya get angry was in his first battle with Reiji, this time sounds ten times worse than that. Man am I looking forward to it :D

Kaiba was an arrogant, condescending, jackass and his obsession with beating Atem comes pretty close to rivaling Vegeta's obsession with Goku.

Lorde

So I guess this means Yuya isn't afraid to use Xyz Dragon any more.

I kinda attributed his newfound control to Dennis partially, at least that's what I assume since it looked like he reassured Yuya a bit when Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon was summoned.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Great episode. I really like Dennis.

So are Olga and Halil out of the tournament? Do they have to find another pendulum card to pair with the one they have left over, or was that just the start conditions and now each duel could be their last?

nuzamaki90

So are Olga and Halil out of the tournament? Do they have to find another pendulum card to pair with the one they have left over, or was that just the start conditions and now each duel could be their last?

No. It's an ante rule Battle Royale. Even if you lose you still have a chance to get more Pendulum cards which is why in the preview they are about to duel Michio and the Knight of Duels are dueling Shun again.

Those ninja guys are so irrelevant I wouldn't put it past me that they eventually win the tournament while every other duelist is tied up with plot

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Weird preview from the next episode, dennis is making yuzu uncomfortable, meanwhile crazy mofo returns. This one was so predictable, dennis shows yuya (AGAIN) that he just have to stop thinking about it and do it already and now yuya regained (AGAIN) his confidence. It was great to see de-fusion again, fusion does have a lot of potential to be good, especially with the support it already has so i wanna see more fusion decks, especially another machine one (return of the ultimate ancient gear golem maybe?). So if it's the ante rule, what makes someone lose then? because they can be in this tournament for weeks, winning and loosing pendulum cards with each duel (considering the fact that all of them are pretty balanced between themselves). More time to track serena i guess. Man, for each episode opening i get more and more excited for fusion yuya. Can't wait to see him in action.

nuzamaki90

Weird preview from the next episode, dennis is making yuzu uncomfortable, meanwhile crazy mofo returns. This one was so predictable, dennis shows yuya (AGAIN) that he just have to stop thinking about it and do it already and now yuya regained (AGAIN) his confidence. It was great to see de-fusion again, fusion does have a lot of potential to be good, especially with the support it already has so i wanna see more fusion decks, especially another machine one (return of the ultimate ancient gear golem maybe?). So if it's the ante rule, what makes someone lose then? because they can be in this tournament for weeks, winning and loosing pendulum cards with each duel (considering the fact that all of them are pretty balanced between themselves). More time to track serena i guess. Man, for each episode opening i get more and more excited for fusion yuya. Can't wait to see him in action.

The tournament is 24 hours and the top 8 are the ones who got the most Pendulum cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.