• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
So does the rule still exist that duelists need two pendulum cards in order to duel? Or was that just the starting conditions? Its possible that Halil and Olga found two extra while traversing the forest. I wonder if the two guys that dueled Yuya will come back for some more revenge later on in the tournament.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
so do you think yuzu will succsed to get enough pendulum cards in the end of the 24 hours and will advance to next round?

I think she will since she's a main character. I kinda want her to duel Yuya again actually in the next round, as cliche as that'd be.

nuzamaki90

I think she will since she's a main character. I kinda want her to duel Yuya again actually in the next round, as cliche as that'd be.

Seems like there won't be a next round since there are apparently 5 episodes left of Part 1.

A post from NAC:

>Alright guys, here's something to perk you all up. On Sunday, there was a meet-and-greet event for selected Japanese fans of the anime and the guests who appeared were Yuya and Reiji's voice actors. During the event, Yuya's voice actor, Ono Kensho had the following comment:
Finally, it's (the Q&A session at the event) about the latest episodes.

>In fact, while ARC-V is technically heading towards its second year in April, is there actually an episode(s) or so that would actually mark the division between the first year and second year of plot?

>Ono: "If the whole story of ARC-V is divided into three parts, then April would be the climax of Part 1. In which Yuya and Reiji duel against each other."

>Note: The episodes in April, by the way, start from 51.

Lorde

So the tournament might be interrupted then? Lame. I'm all for Yuya vs. Reiji round two though, and I hope the next story arc doesn't pull a ZEXAL.

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
So the tournament might be interrupted then? Lame. I'm all for Yuya vs. Reiji round two though, and I hope the next story arc doesn't pull a ZEXAL.
it not suprise the tournoment will interupted in the middle. i mean now that serena confort yuzu and deniss and obelisx force in the standart it was going to happen anyway

NeoDude-5000

I rather see Yuya and co. beating bad guys than watching a predictable-ish tournament. I actually like this Multiverse war story, better than the Interdimensional War between Astral World and Barian World.

And also judging by the NAC post are we getting 3 seasons rather than 2 like 5D's and ZEXAL had?

I rather see Yuya and co. beating bad guys than watching a predictable-ish tournament.
I would too, but the 'predictable-ish tournament' is definitely leading into something big, I'm sure you'll agree. We'll just have to wait and see what happens during and after the tournament. The Aladdin-esque guy was hilarious, though. He gave me a few good chuckles.

I actually like this Multiverse war story, better than the Interdimensional War between Astral World and Barian World.
Zexal really sucked in the beginning, although it got more bearable as it went on I guess. My favorite characters were Shark and Rio. I HATE Haxtral and Yuuma. Worst characters EVER. I pretend Zexal never happened. I think we all should.

The Interdimensional war between the Astral and Barian worlds was great in concept, but SUCKED in execution. Yuma's and Astral's duel was absolutely RETARDED. I can't say I recall any duels worse than that pile of steaming crap. Astral was literally hacking the duel pulling cards out his behind that gave him an advantage whenever he needed it. I could barely keep myself from punching something. I was GLAD to be done with Zexal.

Arc-V is proving to be TEN TIMES better, and the characters are a LOT more enjoyable. Yuya reminds me a lot of Yuki/Jaden for some reason. It's probably because they're both goofballs, lol. But Yuya's a LOT better than Yuma. I don't know why or how to describe it really, but Yuya's clownishness is charming, while Yuma's was straight-up ANNOYING. I can't say why, though, just that's how it was for me.

Last edited:

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
today episode was awoesome serena vs dennis was great and the darkness in yuya not stopping

nuzamaki90

Today's episode was really, really hype. I like the fact that they covered 4 duels, and the only one that really deserved be finished was Serena and Dennis'. I admit, I didn't think Dennis would lose, but I also don't even consider this an actual loss. He purposely chose not to use his Xyz so he wouldn't make Serena have a phase, and he also refused to use his Polymerization (where the hell did that come from?) when he had plenty materials. He also completely stopped commanding his Counter Trap which would have turned the duel around, when he saw the Obelisk Force coming. He literally threw the duel, and it was kind of funny to be honest. I'm just trying to figure out how the hell did the ninjas get in on this dimensional war plot.

I also laughed pretty hard at Shun using the Fudou Style Solitaire method by summoning monster after monster like he was pulling names from a raffle. I wonder how Sora will respond to those three RR Strix attacking him at the same time.

And the real main event: Yuya completing his overlay with Yuto and bringing out two new Pendulum Magicians. And apparently he'll be using them to overlay Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion to summon some Metal Gear-looking monster in the next episode. The hype is just getting stronger.

BTW, if you wanna see a silhouette of the new dragon, check it: http://i.imgur.com/mfuEZtO.jpg

Lorde

I thought episode 45 was kind of disappointing tbh. Shun vs. Sora barely got any attention, Yuya's dark persona bores me now, and it seems like Dennis threw the match. I only liked seeing Mieru show up, the LDS students arriving, Yuya's new Pendulum cards, and Reiji's cameo.

NeoDude-5000

The new magicians were really cool, hopefully they come in the next booster pack (in Japan). If I heard correctly in the preview for the next episode did Yuya really say "I overlay Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion, XYZ SUMMON!". New dragon next week! Definitely going to be a Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion evolution, and the new Magicians Pendulum effects can make it happen.

As for the Serena vs Dennis duel, Dennis sucked big time. And the other Obelisk Force are about take on the... err... was it the Lancers? I think next week is going to be one hell of an episode.

Also I wonder who will win the duel between Shun and Sora?

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

The new magicians were really cool, hopefully they come in the next booster pack (in Japan). If I heard correctly in the preview for the next episode did Yuya really say "I overlay Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion, XYZ SUMMON!". New dragon next week! Definitely going to be a Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion evolution, and the new Magicians Pendulum effects can make it happen.

As for the Serena vs Dennis duel, Dennis sucked big time. And the other Obelisk Force are about take on the... err... was it the Lancers? I think next week is going to be one hell of an episode.

Also I wonder who will win the duel between Shun and Sora?

You heard right. One of the magicians have an effect where they can turn Ranks into Levels and the other can increase the level to that of another monster on the field, so that's how is going to overlay them. Also

http://i.imgur.com/WZxHuro.png

Yuya/Yuto look a lot like Magician of Destruction and Yuzu/Serena look a lot like Magician of Creation

and

http://i.imgur.com/pJTstTe.jpg

Rune-Eyes looks a lot like Magician of Creation and Beast-Eyes looks a lot like Magician of Destruction

Born Better

God of Lightning
I would too, but the 'predictable-ish tournament' is definitely leading into something big, I'm sure you'll agree. We'll just have to wait and see what happens during and after the tournament. The Aladdin-esque guy was hilarious, though. He gave me a few good chuckles.

Zexal really sucked in the beginning, although it got more bearable as it went on I guess. My favorite characters were Shark and Rio. I HATE Haxtral and Yuuma. Worst characters EVER. I pretend Zexal never happened. I think we all should.

The Interdimensional war between the Astral and Barian worlds was great in concept, but SUCKED in execution. Yuma's and Astral's duel was absolutely RETARDED. I can't say I recall any duels worse than that pile of steaming crap. Astral was literally hacking the duel pulling cards out his behind that gave him an advantage whenever he needed it. I could barely keep myself from punching something. I was GLAD to be done with Zexal.

Arc-V is proving to be TEN TIMES better, and the characters are a LOT more enjoyable. Yuya reminds me a lot of Yuki/Jaden for some reason. It's probably because they're both goofballs, lol. But Yuya's a LOT better than Yuma. I don't know why or how to describe it really, but Yuya's clownishness is charming, while Yuma's was straight-up ANNOYING. I can't say why, though, just that's how it was for me.
While I agree with this post, as long as the green haired loli bait exists, the bolded part will always be wrong. The entirety of Zexal can pretty much be summarized as wasted potential.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
great episode. Wow the obelisk forces suck a55. come on, 3 vs 1 and you can't gang on yuya properly? what about the other 3-4 cards in your hand? where's ookazi? final flame? were they really expecting to win with 1 monster each? if they suck this much i don't see why the junior division can't take the on easy.

Dennis had something for a last stand defense but he knew it wasn't enough. still, like the great performer he is he doesn't show he's about to lose and was gonna give his all when he spotted the obelisks. More interstingly, there's an XYZ dennis look-alike. That's cool. Also, i like serena's deck strategy. summon your ace and then summon monsters with useful effects that can be cannibalized for the ace. Cool strats.

OMG shun's deck is absurd. It's true, he was playing solitaire with his deck, pulling out raptor after raptor. Dayum son, that's a lot of free advantage.

And lastly the biggest disappointment of this episode, the "love interest" amy-esque stalking annoying as hell little crystal ball girl. Every time she was on screen i was just "shoo, get out of my anime". The worst character in the series and the only one i really hate. It would be funny if she came to talk to yuya and he just beach-slapped her.

Bring on the dragon! next time on yugioh arc-v.

About zexal: i am currently at the 2nd season episode 28. I have to say, for the absolute sh1t the begining was (it made me cringe again and again and again...), it has gotten better. Rio is awesome, evil shingetsu, the propper shingetsu is crazy and so is vector. Also, i went and heard all the openings and endings and i can't wait till i'm in the last opening. That song is amazing. But no doubt arc V already surpassed zexal by a huge amount.

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
About zexal: i am currently at the 2nd season episode 28. I have to say, for the absolute sh1t the begining was (it made me cringe again and again and again...), it has gotten better. Rio is awesome, evil shingetsu, the propper shingetsu is crazy and so is vector. Also, i went and heard all the openings and endings and i can't wait till i'm in the last opening. That song is amazing. But no doubt arc V already surpassed zexal by a huge amount.
Pretty much. ZEARU may be going up a little, but Rio's done being awesome, the next main arc feels a little too much like filler despite everything, the story starts to go out of control [WE CAN TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD AND NOBODY WILL EVER QUESTION IT], Kaito has the worst resolution and Yuma turns into one of the worst characters.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
And lastly the biggest disappointment of this episode, the "love interest" amy-esque stalking annoying as hell little crystal ball girl. Every time she was on screen i was just "shoo, get out of my anime". The worst character in the series and the only one i really hate. It would be funny if she came to talk to yuya and he just beach-slapped her.

Actually, I think they're saving her for something big.

Instead of giving her just another effect monster deck for minor recurring character, she gets a Ritual deck.

And her VA is actually WAY more popular than the rest of the cast, lol. Giving her a small role just sounds like something NAS won't do.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Actually, I think they're saving her for something big.

Instead of giving her just another effect monster deck for minor recurring character, she gets a Ritual deck.

And her VA is actually WAY more popular than the rest of the cast, lol. Giving her a small role just sounds like something NAS won't do.

I think it's her tsundere (not sure if this is the best word for it but you get my point) personality that pisses me off the most. she is so unlikable, i'll take shivireru kid all day instead. If she learns something and stops being so hateable around everyone else but yuya, i'll change my mind. A ritual based deck would be a cool idea. Maybe she gets taken by the obelisk force and they have to go save her? But looking at how bad the obelisks are, i doubt they get any work done for now (geez, they are really not that good).

nuzamaki90

He's here. Get ready for shenanigans

Episode 47: Yuuri, the Boy with the Cold Smile.

Yuuri's target is...Yuzu!?

Yuuri appeared before Yuzu, who was searching for Kurosaki.
Yuuri tried to take Yuzu away by force.

Status
Not open for further replies.