• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And also we have a new opening and ending on the horizon sometime in April:
The opening is called "Hanate" sung by Gekidan Niagara
And the ending is called "ARC OF SMILE" by BOYS AND MEN

New Opening already huh? I still haven't even grown to like the current one tbh, but at least the new arc is starting soon.

nuzamaki90

New Opening already huh? I still haven't even grown to like the current one tbh, but at least the new arc is starting soon.

The thing about the new opening is that the band doing it is presumably a newly created one since there are no songs or information about them besides the name. My moonspeak is complete *** but the meaning of Hanate is like "unleash" or something like that, so maybe it has something to do with Yuya's little edge phases

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Now for some minor stuff. kotori...sigh. What a waste of a character. she didn't even duel. For me, the absolute worst yugioh female character.
Worst of all, it's all her fault. Her voice actress contract forced the writers to put her in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. Unfortunately, they had created her to be expendable and NOT be in every episode, and in the end they didn't have a good idea.

I really would rather they'd had Kathy or Anna instead, if one had to be in every episode. Or Akari.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
sora confuses serena, who he already knew and even more stupidly enough, crystal apple girl confuses yuugo for yuya, which are almost nothing alike. Just...HOW!? ugh, this missunderstandings...

So how did yuzu not see anything from yuri's duel that was just up there?

That synchro dragon is beastly. Since the game is very monster heavy based now, with the pendulums, it's effect is one of the best. I can see it becoming a staple if it's released in the TCG.

Well, so much for the youth force. they never had a chance. Also, it appears that all the dimensions were already attacked but the standard, which i thought the synchro hasn't been yet. And looks like yugo left his bike and deck behind. I can foresee that bracelet causing some serious problems in the future.

Worst of all, it's all her fault. Her voice actress contract forced the writers to put her in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. Unfortunately, they had created her to be expendable and NOT be in every episode, and in the end they didn't have a good idea.

I really would rather they'd had Kathy or Anna instead, if one had to be in every episode. Or Akari.

Heck, i would rather have jen or summer in there. she just cried and got in danger and cheered up yuma sometimes. it's almost like sakura and hinata, where i would much rather have hinata all the time with naruto instead (not that sakura was worthless, far from it)much like i would rather have kathy with yuma, since she clearly likes yuma and yuma doesn't reject her approaches at all.

There was something that i was confused about and that was the student characters that are in world duel carnival (the 3ds game) and were never in the anime. When everyone died i assumed those were like their reincarnated bodies so who are those student characters in WDC? are they exclusive to the game (as if it didn't have enough characters as it is)? I didn't find any info on them anywhere.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Synchros haven't been attacked.

That flashback is of heartland because the buildings are curved in a similar manner and no one was on motorcycles. There's also the fact that Yugo is a person who wears his feelings on his sleeve as shown by how he immediately hugged Yuzu just because she looked like his GF makes it clear that if synchro had been invaded he would have shown it by now. All the evidence leads to him seeing a glimpse of Yuri escaping, using clear wing to jump into heartland during the invasion and seeing Yuto together with ruri at some point.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
BOYS AND MEN for the new ED?

.......This is BANANAS xD

sora confuses serena, who he already knew and even more stupidly enough, crystal apple girl confuses yuugo for yuya, which are almost nothing alike. Just...HOW!? ugh, this missunderstandings...

Yeah, it's getting stupid. Yuzu and Serena, okay, although they have different hair color.

But if MIERU of all characters confuses YUGO with Yuya, then it's not just annoying, it's frustrating.

I can foresee that bracelet causing some serious problems in the future.

It already caused trouble now, considering the constant teleporting it did when Yuri, Yugo, and Yuya almost be at the same place at the same time. Would have been more interesting if all the teleporting didn't happen (and it may even shed some light on some questions we have in Arc-V)

i would rather have kathy with yuma, since she clearly likes yuma and yuma doesn't reject her approaches at all.

Yuma doesn't reject her approach, but he didn't actually accept it either.

In fact he pretty much doesn't recognize Kotori and Kathy's approach on her.

There was something that i was confused about and that was the student characters that are in world duel carnival (the 3ds game) and were never in the anime. When everyone died i assumed those were like their reincarnated bodies so who are those student characters in WDC? are they exclusive to the game (as if it didn't have enough characters as it is)? I didn't find any info on them anywhere.

They're game exclusive characters, that's all. We already have that ever since the first Tag Force game, and the Arc-V Tag Force also has those WDC characters.

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
BOYS AND MEN for the new ED?

.......This is BANANAS xD

Yeah, it's getting stupid. Yuzu and Serena, okay, although they have different hair color.

But if MIERU of all characters confuses YUGO with Yuya, then it's not just annoying, it's frustrating.

It already caused trouble now, considering the constant teleporting it did when Yuri, Yugo, and Yuya almost be at the same place at the same time. Would have been more interesting if all the teleporting didn't happen (and it may even shed some light on some questions we have in Arc-V)

Yuma doesn't reject her approach, but he didn't actually accept it either.

In fact he pretty much doesn't recognize Kotori and Kathy's approach on her.

They're game exclusive characters, that's all. We already have that ever since the first Tag Force game, and the Arc-V Tag Force also has those WDC characters.
it seems to me it not that the bracelet is there for causing trouble but more like to make sure the yuyas from different dimensions wont meet each other

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.......Which is pointless considering they can simply meet each other while Yuzu is not around.

Which already happened.

There must be more to it than just preventing two Yuyas from encountering each other while Yuzu is around.

And although it hasn't been shown yet, I have a feeling Serena's bracelet also has the same teleportation power.

Born Better

God of Lightning
The sad thing about everyone getting these characters mixed up is that it's almost certainly not meant to taken as a joke or whatever. They really want us to believe that all these versions of Yuya and Yuzu are supposed to look that similar to each other.

For as much as people like to call Sakura useless in Nardo, she's really not. She's a terrible character yeah, but she's far from useless. Even before the super strength in part 2, she managed to find a way to actually do something and at the very least, she tried to help. She did a lot during the chunin exams. Tori on the hand, served absolutely no purpose whatsoever. She just stood the and only really occasionally served as a tool for bad guys to use to force Yuma to duel them. She never actually contributes to anything going and just takes up screen time. At no point in the series does she even attempt to pick up a deck and the one time she does duel is while being mind controlled. And the fact that she knows absolutely nothing about dueling despite hanging around Yuma and Brunk , who do nothing but duel, especially Yuma, for years is freaking stupid. I really wish Anna had been the lead female, or better yet, the main character.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Synchros haven't been attacked.

That flashback is of heartland because the buildings are curved in a similar manner and no one was on motorcycles. There's also the fact that Yugo is a person who wears his feelings on his sleeve as shown by how he immediately hugged Yuzu just because she looked like his GF makes it clear that if synchro had been invaded he would have shown it by now. All the evidence leads to him seeing a glimpse of Yuri escaping, using clear wing to jump into heartland during the invasion and seeing Yuto together with ruri at some point.

Ah, good, then i missunderstood. I was sure the synchro dimension wasn't attacked yet.

Yeah, it's getting stupid. Yuzu and Serena, okay, although they have different hair color. But if MIERU of all characters confuses YUGO with Yuya, then it's not just annoying, it's frustrating.

Good thing i'm not the only one annoyed by this. It's really, really stupid.

The sad thing about everyone getting these characters mixed up is that it's almost certainly not meant to taken as a joke or whatever. They really want us to believe that all these versions of Yuya and Yuzu are supposed to look that similar to each other.

For as much as people like to call Sakura useless in Nardo, she's really not. She's a terrible character yeah, but she's far from useless. Even before the super strength in part 2, she managed to find a way to actually do something and at the very least, she tried to help. She did a lot during the chunin exams. Tori on the hand, served absolutely no purpose whatsoever. She just stood the and only really occasionally served as a tool for bad guys to use to force Yuma to duel them. She never actually contributes to anything going and just takes up screen time. At no point in the series does she even attempt to pick up a deck and the one time she does duel is while being mind controlled. And the fact that she knows absolutely nothing about dueling despite hanging around Yuma and Brunk , who do nothing but duel, especially Yuma, for years is freaking stupid. I really wish Anna had been the lead female, or better yet, the main character.

which is really dumb. Yes, we get it, their eyes are similar, that's it. The hair is 1 of the most recognizable and harder to change features in a person and other than the obelisk force, who have orders to get a girl in a academia uniform, it's very easy to distinguish one another.

As for the sakura thing i was in no way diminishing her importance, it's more that i'm just a naruhina shipper (which is what ended up happening :D) and i would really have liked to see hinata more times with naruto (in the main story, not filler) and compared to kathy's situation. For as much as i really don't like sakura, i can't deny that she's one of the best and more useful characters in the whole story (stupid sasuke stalking is still stupid though). But to sum up, kotori is a pitiful, lame and annoying character. Mieru is miles beyond kotori and i don't like mieru one bit so far.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I'm willing to take Yuto and Yuya as a type of Sonic/Shadow type thing, but then you have Yugo who looks absolutely nothing like them.

I only mentioned Sakura because a lot of people like to call her useless and say she never contributes. It wasn't directed at anyone. I actually like Hinata and she's one of the few nardo characters I like at all, but she's almost as bad as Sakura. Both their entire characters pretty much revolve around chasing the guys they ended up marrying.

Kathy was terrible too, though less terrible than Tori. She came out of absolutely nowhere with no backstory or anything with a crush on Yuma that's never explained and does nothing but get in random, pointless fights with Tori. The only reason she's better is because she's not there all the time and she's actually dueled of her own free will. Meiru I kinda like and I kinda don't.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I'm willing to take Yuto and Yuya as a type of Sonic/Shadow type thing, but then you have Yugo who looks absolutely nothing like them.

I only mentioned Sakura because a lot of people like to call her useless and say she never contributes. It wasn't directed at anyone. I actually like Hinata and she's one of the few nardo characters I like at all, but she's almost as bad as Sakura. Both their entire characters pretty much revolve around chasing the guys they ended up marrying.

Kathy was terrible too, though less terrible than Tori. She came out of absolutely nowhere with no backstory or anything with a crush on Yuma that's never explained and does nothing but get in random, pointless fights with Tori. The only reason she's better is because she's not there all the time and she's actually dueled of her own free will. Meiru I kinda like and I kinda don't.

Well, as for hinata i guess you're right, both end up doing the same thing.

Well, in the horrible female cast of zexal, i would take kathy over kotori everyday. Anna for me is too loud and obnoxious (reminds me of mieru in a way) and those are characters that i cannot stand: the ones that just don't shut up. I would love rio to not be sick all the time and have more predominance because she and dextra/droite are the only good females in the series (i would like to see more of dextra aswell). But sadly, dextra is just nistro's supporter and a love interest for kaito in the beginning, she doesn't go out on her own and do relevant actions alone. Rio is the only truly independent female, not hanging on the shadow of shark and being actually pretty good at dueling. Akiza was a main character and she was awesome both as a villain and as a signer. Alexis was really great, being really good at dueling and despite her falling to a lesser role, she still stood strong. We can have a good female character and i'm happy serena and yuzu can hold their own.

And speaking of females, i do find ayu pretty cute and i wish to see more of her getting some duels.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yuzu's bracelet's deus ex machina powers intrigue me, but I expect that we won't fully understand its real purpose or origin for a while.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Now that I think about it, a better comparison to Tori would be Tea. For as much as everyone loves to call her crap, she has managed to be quite useful when she needs to be. She's also the reason they were able to beat Zork, even if it was just a very lucky coincidence.

LizardonX

Banned
I think we all agree that Yoshida leaving the writing staff was the best thing that ever happened to females in Yugioh.

Granted Zexal was a broken piece of trash at its core with many other factors besides the treatment of women that contributed to it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hopefully we'll never have to see a female lead as useless as Kotori again.

Now if Arc-V got its own manga (that's not in D-Team style), I would be really happy if the duel is as good as the female duelists in Arc-V.

Really, 5Ds and Zexal manga had way too many ridiculous cards and duels that they make Yusei soloing Team Unicorn and winning via taunting actually looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.