• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Wow, this episode was pretty good.

It had a lot of good moments to it. Yuya breaking down was the highlight of it all. Him losing hope after getting rid of Smile World and about to tear up afterwards made me feel so bad for him.
Reiji though supporting him to win the duel made me like his character more. He's a true bro even though he technically messed up.

And finally, Yuya WON! I was hoping he kicks Yuri's butt and he did, in style too!
The duel was great to watch but the ending for this episode. Damn, it escalated quickly.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The new episode was good cuz we saw Yuya gain control of DRXD and CWSD, plus Yuuri finally lost a duel hee hee. But of course, Yuya went and fused the four cards any ways and Zarc is revived now. And I liked when Yuya had his emotional breakdown when he discarded Smile World. ^^;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
For a duel that started off so boring last week it really picked up the pace this week. That was a great duel. Yuri countering Yuya's Action Cards. The back and forth control between Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing which represented the ghost of Yuto and Yugo and who they supported. Yuri's amazing facial expressions the entire duel. The friendship speech and the twist we all saw coming at the end. How funny Zarc is born the same way here as he was in the original dimension. Gotta give Arc-V credit for it's creative spin on how a evil duelist is born from a entertainer. Overall one of the better episodes of Arc-V. Ray is taking her sweet time reviving and I hate her. Taking away my four Yuzus. I'll never forgive Ray.

And the award for best expression goes to Yuri. Seriously how many of these awards has he won now? I chuckle when I hear him say the friendship speech was hammy. I guess Yuri would know all about ham.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Just saw the news about the new Yugioh Series and the main character Yusaku, whose hair honestly looks like a mesh of older characters.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
while i loved this episode, the reason why yuya goes to the dark side is ultimately "just win". So... if he did is usual entertainment duel he would have lost regardless. I understand that's what made zarc what he was but, to me, it's too quick of a turn. Moments early he was riled up by reiji's speech and there was no sight of him "going zarc". Oh well, worse thing have happened in yugioh.

Zarc's design is really cool, even though we couldn't get a full look at it. Who's the main character now, reiji? ray? will she even appear at all? And the still lingering question, ever since episode 1: what's the relevance of that pendulum? we haven't seen any "divine" beings like with zexal so i'm curious to see if the pendant plays any part in the story (which i think it will).

Akashin

while i loved this episode, the reason why yuya goes to the dark side is ultimately "just win". So... if he did is usual entertainment duel he would have lost regardless. I understand that's what made zarc what he was but, to me, it's too quick of a turn. Moments early he was riled up by reiji's speech and there was no sight of him "going zarc". Oh well, worse thing have happened in yugioh.

I think it's a bit of a catch 22, to be honest. Without Reiji's speech, Yuya didn't have the will to keep fighting against Zarc anymore. But Reiji's speech also fed Zarc's lust for victory, so it ended up the same. I can't really call it too quick of a turn when the past two episodes made it all too clear that Yuya was a hair's breadth away from completely losing to Zarc, so only needing one final push sort of makes sense.

The only downside is, like you said, not seeing that fall start during the duel. If I had to guess, I'd say that the reason we didn't was because during the duel he had his drive to defeat Yuri to focus on, and succumbing to Zarc came once he no longer had that to drive him.

NeoDude-5000

Ahh Yuya's (or Zarc rather) evil face is scarier than Vector's officially! But still it was good that he beat Yuri by using his good counterparts dragons (he finally got to use Clear Wing). But I think the irony is that Yuri got what he wanted, so I think you could say that Yuya won the battle but Yuri won the war. Anyway now the moment we've been waiting for is here at last, 4 dimensions fusing together, a evil demon dragon destroying everything, the biggest apocalypse in Yu-Gi-Oh! is about to begin.

Oh yeah speaking of apocalypses look what has come from another apocalypse, well before actually: https://ygorganization.com/jump-festa-2017-latest-information-stage-round-2/

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Who's the main character now, reiji? ray? will she even appear at all?

I'm sure that Ray will show up as a giant deus ex machina to stop Zarc hee hee, although I'm guessing that she won't get involved until after Declan, Aster, Kite and Sora lose to Zarc. I just wonder what Arc V's final duel after the Zarc storyarc finishes will be like and who it'll involve. I'm hoping it'll be Yuya vs Yusho. :]

Akashin

I'm sure that Ray will show up as a giant deus ex machina to stop Zarc hee hee, although I'm guessing that she won't get involved until after Declan, Aster, Kite and Sora lose to Zarc. I just wonder what Arc V's final duel after the Zarc storyarc finishes will be like and who it'll involve. I'm hoping it'll be Yuya vs Yusho. :]

Assuming the plan hasn't changed, Ono said in an interview that the final duel would be a, "Duel Show involving the audience." Whatever that means.

Yce288

Grass type FTW

Zarc's design is really cool, even though we couldn't get a full look at it. Who's the main character now, reiji? ray? will she even appear at all? And the still lingering question, ever since episode 1: what's the relevance of that pendulum? we haven't seen any "divine" beings like with zexal so i'm curious to see if the pendant plays any part in the story (which i think it will).
I guess you didnt read the manga or watch the anime called Tsubasa Chronicle because the same thing happened there when Tsubasa Lee's clone fought Kamui, he became one of the antagonists, but he became good again near the end so the main character is still Yuya in a way.

Akashin

I guess you didnt read the manga or watch the anime called Tsubasa Chronicle because the same thing happened there when Tsubasa Lee's clone fought Kamui, he became one of the antagonists, but he became good again near the end so the main character is still Yuya in a way.

I don't know how apt the Tsubasa Chronicle reference is but, just keeping the references within Yu-Gi-Oh!, we've essentially entered the Supreme King (Dragon) Arc of the show. Yuya (Judai) will take a step back from the whole protagonist thing in favor of a stint as antagonist, and the supporting cast will come up to bat in the meantime. How it resolves will doubtlessly be different, but the core idea is similar enough.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Assuming the plan hasn't changed, Ono said in an interview that the final duel would be a, "Duel Show involving the audience." Whatever that means.

Sounds like a big entertainment duel, which I hope would involve citizens of all four dimensions as the audience like how the current Arc V Opening theme shows all the minor characters watching in the stands. Alternatively, I could just settle for Yuya vs Declan round three. :]

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It'll be tough finding a final duel considering Yuya as Zarc will likely beat everybody until Ray finally gets off her lazy butt and do what she's suppose to do. I'm not even interested in Yuya vs Yusho. Yusho just got trashed by Yuri. The allure of him being this legendary Duelist is kinda tainted. We need to see Yuya duel someone legendary and so far everyone in Arc-V has been shamed in one way or another. What made the final duels in Duel Monsters and GX so great was they were kinda dream duel matches where it could go either way between the final duelist.

The only option for Yuya is for him to duel Rin. Because Rin is currently undefeated and that streak of hers has to end.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Jack and that floating blue alien freak from that *censored* show weren't undefeated. Neither were Atem and Yugi, so I really don't see why that even remotely matters. It'll either be Yusho (it'll be him), Reiji(nah), or a Fatal Fourway Elimination between the four Yu boys.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Jack and that floating blue alien freak from that *censored* show weren't undefeated. Neither were Atem and Yugi, so I really don't see why that even remotely matters. It'll either be Yusho (it'll be him), Reiji(nah), or a Fatal Fourway Elimination between the four Yu boys.

That's why I said Duel Monsters and GX and not the other two. Atem and Yugi are the King of Games and everybody will always question if a duelist can beat them or not. They are perfect for any dream match. Yusho isn't even close to that and he has no momentum as a duelist onscreen. At least Jack Atlas had wins in 5Ds. The Yuyas dueling it out or even Reiji sounds far better for a Arc-V finale.

Anyway finally Sora gets some time to shine in the new Arc-V episode. Thank goodness because Sora's been sidelined for so long I forgot how much of a entertaining character he was when Arc-V started. This episode really put the spotlight on Sora's relationship with Yuya. Thank you Arc-V writers. Edo Phoenix was there too with is totally not cool new Destiny Hero cards. I was surprised it Zarc's form. Please tell me he upgrades later on because it's kinda boring looking. It's scary but boring. His Supreme King deck is OP and cheap like a final boss duelist's deck should be and I enjoyed seeing some cameos of the other characters from the other dimensions like the Enjoy Duelist. Too bad he didn't join Lancers. He'd have made Zarc truly enjoy a duel. But my favorite part of the episode was Sora and Kurosaki sharing dialogue at the end of the episode. Always wanted to see how these two would interact given their previous rivalry in standard. So overall a good episode, Arc-V just might have a enjoyable ending.

No award for best expression as their really weren't that many expressions beyond shocked and Zarc smiling. But a amusing part of the beginning of the episode was when the Academia students denied wanting Zarc. No they didn't want Zarc, that was not their goal. All those students wanted was to kill the XYZ dimension to erase any trace of Zexal. Zarc was no part of the deal for them. And kudos for having girls in Slifer and Ra, Academia.

NeoDude-5000

Oh come on no fair why does the anime version of Zarc get to be 4 monster types in one? While we simply have it as our only Fusion-Pendulum card at the moment. (It was strange Astrograph didn't get a Pendulum upgrade though). I wonder what that Dark Rebellion monster was? Is it supposed to be the title monster if so will there be versions of the other dragons like this one?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I can't say that I like Zarc's human form much cuz he looks like a rotting Yuya ha ha. I knew that Aster and Sora were bound to lose against him and I just wish that they had used new monsters instead of Mad Chimera and Dystopia again. ^^;

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
As they sowed up, i was thinking shun and kaito were gonna enter, receive the penalty and immediately after get rekt by supreme king zarc's effect. that would be sad and hilarious at the same time. As a better (and much smarter) alternative, they could have waited for the other duel to end (or arriving a little later) so that their live points would start at 4K instead of 2K. Kaito's galaxy deck is super OP and with shun's ever reviving raptors i'm foreseeing a good duel coming in two weeks. Zarc's form was a little underwhelming, especially because his hair was just yuya's. I was hoping for some combination of the 4 but like that he just looks indeed like rotting yuya.

Oh and the "i didn't ask for this" moment...they are absolutely right. No one except leo and yusho knew who zarc was. All academia wanted was the genocide of every other dimension because that would lead to an utopia (how did they think trapping up to millions of souls in cards would help uniting the worlds and create an utopia?). The other dimensions would continue to exist in peace and would have never known of each other's existence. No one but yuri wanted you to return so that phrase is just stupid.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
lol, Edo misplayed by choosing to destroy the servant dragon instead of one of the gate, despite having seen the ridiculous combo the two gates have.

Sure, Astrograph Sorcerer would have negated the destruction, but neither Edo nor Sora knew about Astrograph Magician being in Zarc's hand, so logically, Edo should have destroyed the more threatening Zero, instead of the weak servant dragon.

And I still find it hilariously ironic that it was Reiji's own speech about "focus on winning" that causes Yuya to become Zarc.

Not likin the new guy. Hair aside, he feels very generic.

He feels like a generic Vanguard protagonist character :p

Particularly due to the school uniform he's wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.