• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Restricted List for March 1, 2008

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, I would of thought UDE would of liked to see how good DAD is in action, something being good on paper isn't the same as it being good in practice.

They might ban it mid-way if necessary, like they did with Cyber-Stein.

You're correct, I think after Houston a couple days ago with 10 in the top 16 being DAD variants, they'll put it to two like they did with Stratos and Magical Stone Excavation mid-wat.

Because it also turned out to be crazy powerful; DAD control is much easier and effective than it looks on paper.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
You're correct, I think after Houston a couple days ago with 10 in the top 16 being DAD variants, they'll put it to two like they did with Stratos and Magical Stone Excavation mid-wat.

Because it also turned out to be crazy powerful; DAD control is much easier and effective than it looks on paper.

o_O That just took my point and flipped it on its head!

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
How many OTK's / FTKs do we have now.

Lets see.

DDT is retarded now. The reasons why are plain and simple, 6 things say no traps, and there are more than enough normal spells to make the deck more than disgusting. It wont look the same but it'll be MUCH harder to take out.

Chain Material is probably the easiest FTK since Scientist, since 2/3 of it is searchable and all parts are at 3. All you need is Chain Material, Fusion Gate, and either Cannon Soldier or Mass Driver. Electrum loop ftw. And its not like you cant just use sets of the normal E-Heroes and all that normal draw power. Thanks for not killing this one Konami.

Dark Armed Dragon is going to wreck face. Remember BLS? Yes I've said it before. Its almost as strong, just as easy to drop, and just as powerful. Oh, and you can play 3. Bazoo/Lair + DAD is gonna murder.

Fifth Gadget is back but all it can hope to do is pull a deus ex machina with Chimeratech. The control factor is kind of out this format seeing as how it takes you about a turn to kill something and you need a little more than that to get the little gears grinding. Thanks for teasing me with my favorite deck and giving me almost everything I need to make it utterly disgusting, and then making the top tier decks win before this one can get going.

All Out Attack was almost another disgusting OTK, with every part allowed at three and 1/3 of it searchable, but they kinda restricted Ojama Trio. Not like they meant to do it for THAT particular card, but its not like it doesent still exist. I dare you to play Treeborn Frog lol. Just because Ojama is at one doesent mean that there arent still methods to abuse it.

Ugh. This is the worst list I have ever seen. Its like they flagged a few darts and threw them at names on the wall. No rhyme or reason to this crap at all.

If we're lucky I'll sit across the table from you guys in September. As far as Yu-Gi-Oh goes, I'm gonna play some MTG.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
I sincerly doubt that, but who knows, until Light of Destruction hits the states anything could happen, all I know is that DAD is going to be the thorn in our sides for quite a while.

Well until it gets forbidden, which at this rate, it will.

ultimate_saiyan

So Call of the haunted is banned by Monster Reborn is now limited? Wow, just wow.

And Cyber Dragon limited?!?!?!?! Way to go screw over Cyber decks.

cybermew

A la lune!
They had to kill cyber decks, Cydra was used in almost EVERY deck. Its not limited, its Semi, and you still have Proto.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Anyone know of god replacements for Magician of Faith and Breaker, I have forgotten to update my deck, and cnt think of suitable replacements.
Ring Leader's Vanity[40]

Monsters[21]

7+

Horus the Black Flame Dragon Level 8
Destiny Hero - Plasma

5-6

Horus the Black Flame Dragon Level 6 3
Cyber Dragon 2

4-

Hydrogeddon 3
Gravekeepers Spy 3
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Level 4 2
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Magician of Faith
Night Assailant
Sangan
Snipe Hunter
Exiled Forces
D.D. Warrior Lady

Spell[14]

Lightning Vortex 2
Back to Square One 2
Giant Trunade
Heavy Storm
Brain Control
Enemy Controller
Soul Exchange
Swords of Revealing Light
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Avarice
Premature Burial
Scapegoat

Trap[5]

Sakuretsu Armor 2
Royal Decree 2
Mirror Force

My current deck is in the spoiler if that helps at all, its a Horus-Plasma-Decree Lockdown.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
^ Well a good replacement for Magician of Faith would be Magical Stone Excavation, although it will be hard to obtain...

Freya

Noam Chompsky
^ Well a good replacement for Magician of Faith would be Magical Stone Excavation, although it will be hard to obtain...

With my luck and budget, yes it will be :(. The replacements dont have to serve the same purpose as the prior ones(but it would be nice if they did) I just want something to fit in my deck.

cybermew

A la lune!
After playing this list proffesionally, and without anyone using DAD, this kist is actually pretty good. I'm gonna now be the ifrst person to say I like the list of suckishness.

Freya

Noam Chompsky
After playing this list proffesionally, and without anyone using DAD, this kist is actually pretty good. I'm gonna now be the ifrst person to say I like the list of suckishness.

I acutally am starting to like it also, I didnt like it all that much, but that was when I had to edit decks I was using from last Restricted Run, its been better when making new decks though.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I acutally am starting to like it also, I didnt like it all that much, but that was when I had to edit decks I was using from last Restricted Run, its been better when making new decks though.

I've been liking it since I played on the first of March. Monster Reborn has brought up a lot of fun shenanagans.

The shenanigans are quite fun you can do with Reborn. Since you are all up to date with the Metagame, any logical idea that Monster Reborn was unbanned, I really dont get the reasoning.

I saw this somewhere quite sometime ago, but I don't really recall what it was..if only I could find it again. However, think about it, revival during opponent's turn can change a game...Call has saved me more times then I can count then Reborn ever will.