• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So new previews indicate Spectre will survive his duel against Aoi.

We don't know yet what's Aoi's status, but knowing Spectre, it won't be farfetch'd if Spectre actually just sends out digital clones or Spectre is set as an exception by Revolver so that he is not absorbed by the tower even if he lost a duel.

We do know that Aoi's duel against him would at least ends in a draw, though. Aoi runs a card that gives herself 2000 points burn damage lmao

Maybe if it's a draw, then nobody gets absorbed by the tower?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
So new previews indicate Spectre will survive his duel against Aoi.

We don't know yet what's Aoi's status, but knowing Spectre, it won't be farfetch'd if Spectre actually just sends out digital clones or Spectre is set as an exception by Revolver so that he is not absorbed by the tower even if he lost a duel.

We do know that Aoi's duel against him would at least ends in a draw, though. Aoi runs a card that gives herself 2000 points burn damage lmao

Maybe if it's a draw, then nobody gets absorbed by the tower?

Defining those rules...what happens if the result is a draw? No one knows. But i was expecting spectre to survive the encounter and was actually wondering if this is the end for aoi. In one hand i would hate it if she was absorbed, meaning everyone definitely will be restored, which would be the repeating of arc-v's but maybe they would be bold enough to make her gone forever, meaning spectre would be considered even more evil. Nah, this is yugioh we're talking about, power of friendship and whatnot, so i think the most likely result is that spectre is immune to absorption, either because revolver made it so or (and my favorite possibility) he's actually the man in the field for the professor and revolver is just being played all along, meaning his immunity to the tower is attributed by the professor himself. Or even more crazy, spectre is manipulating both revolver and the professor, that would be not new or surprising but it would still be cool.

NeoDude-5000

I was really hoping for Blue Ange to win but no Specter had to her live a misery again. And now I'm starting to worry that Go might get the chop as well probably by Revolver.

Also that landing must've been so painful.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Now that i was not expecting/was hoping wasn't gonna happen. As i said before, if aoi gets absorbed, everyone is gonna be restored (sarcastic yay!) which means Vrains can't reach the level of 5d's. On the other hand, ghost girl is back so that's not bad i guess. But the evilness of the knights of hanoi had some promise (as much as zexal's and Arc V's i guess). I guess i'm always expecting the evil plots of yugioh to reach zero reverse levels of disaster but they always make it like nothing happened in the end.

At least spectre showed he's more competent than other henchmen but judging by the backstory they gave him this episode, i don't think he's gonna be the vector level villain i thought he was gonna be.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Any love for plants is always appreciated. Ever since akiza's deck, i've loved plant decks. Sadly there won't be any lonefire blossom shenanigans.

Holy crap the evil plot is messed up. It is even affecting the real world with the threat of ending the internet and all communications. It's 5d's zero reverse and leo's plan combined. This time i hope they deliver on the last part. I hope there's lasting consequences to the massive consciousness stealing by hanoi. Leo's plan ultimately caused changes in yuya and yuzu but little else because everyone was brought back to life in the end. But now there's a good chance for hanoi to become extra evil and i hope it happens. I'm sick of fluffy everything's back to the way it was endings with yugioh. I wish camula did zane in, same with flip being sacrificed. At least 5d's made it right, zero reverse was brutal and bruno was gone in the end. I think that's why i like 5d's the best. Arc V was going that way but just like zexal, there were no consequences since everyone was revived.

And one little note. The new director apologized again for episode 29 but from what i learned from yugioheverything's video, ever since the most recent yugioh movie, the animation studio got thinned and that's why arc V suffered a huge blow to the plot. Looks like they still haven't recovered from that, as it's evident by the previous director being replaced when vrains was in episode 13. From episode 14 until now, we had a new director. And that's why i don't mind the recap episodes, as long as it buffers them some time so that the episodes stay as good as they are right now. I'm liking the story so far and despite shoichi's brother, jin, being teased as being evil (i think that was him) but nothing coming out of that yet, hanoi's plan is so evil and i'm really invested on what's happening with the destruction of vrains and the threat to all the internet and communications, meaning it's not only stealing peoples's consciousnesses but also causing real life disasters and endangering millions of people's lives.
I knew there was more reason to hate that movie than my usual "sick of nostalgia" line.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
YES! We needed this! I was waiting for a plot dump for so long and this was worth the wait. Remember way back in the beginning, when we all thought yusaku was always right and his justice was the correct thing to do because just like him, all the other kids suffered greatly? Well, what are you gonna do now yusaku? For one of the victims, time actually started for him, giving him meaning to his lonely life. Are you gonna destroy the reason for that person to live? I love this, the main character thinks he knows what's right and wrong but what truly is in this situation? And plus, the revived doctor (oh, it's noah again), who created the sentient AIs, wants to kill the last survivor because he thinks they are monsters and thus need to be destroyed. Going back to the very first scene of the 1st episode, revolver was already there, meaning the killing of the other AIs wasn't that long ago. Did the other AIs truly disappeared? Or are they just stored as data in the hanoi tower, leading to a possible revival of them when yusaku inevitably stops the tower of hanoi plan and rescues everyone including ghost girl and blue angel? One thing's for sure, the plot is thickening and i love it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The thing about the 1st episode is that the other Ignis AIs are trapped inside the Cyberse world - didn't Ai absorbed the entire world into himself?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The thing about the 1st episode is that the other Ignis AIs are trapped inside the Cyberse world - didn't Ai absorbed the entire world into himself?

Oh yeah, you're right. Than that probably means each of the main cast including revolver and yusaku's friend's brother or aoi's brother will have each one AI as their companion for the "2nd season", like yuma and astral times 5. Hopefully there won't be anything as silly as the fusion of yuma and astral in Vrains.

NeoDude-5000

Well all can say is good riddance Specter. If there is one type of duellist in Yu-Gi-Oh! I hate more than egotistical morons (I'm looking at you Sylvio) its cheaters.

Also episode 39's summary states that Revolver is duelling against Go. And we can probably guess what the outcome is going to be

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Well all can say is good riddance Specter. If there is one type of duellist in Yu-Gi-Oh! I hate more than egotistical morons (I'm looking at you Sylvio) its cheaters.

Also episode 39's summary states that Revolver is duelling against Go. And we can probably guess what the outcome is going to be

That's the one thing spectre doesn't have: the pure dueling skill on it's own. What i like to see in a villain is sheer victory due to skill, hence why i love camula from GX. She was evil but she defeated zane with a duel, not by threatening someone . Cheaters like esper roba, fake dark magician dude with the sawblades and sylvio in that action trap duel are just pathetic.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
That's the one thing spectre doesn't have: the pure dueling skill on it's own. What i like to see in a villain is sheer victory due to skill, hence why i love camula from GX. She was evil but she defeated zane with a duel, not by threatening someone . Cheaters like esper roba, fake dark magician dude with the sawblades and sylvio in that action trap duel are just pathetic.

At least Espa Roba had a motivation to his actions

J. D. Guy

I'm actually looking forward to Go's Duel. I like him, his Deck, and both their shared aesthetics. Even with the expected outcome, I'm hoping for a good Soap Opera Duel to his name here, like Blue Angel's.

Though Spectre was scum (who just barely avoided outstaying his welcome, as opposed to Vector from Zexal), Blue Angel fought an awesome and admirable Duel with him. I want that same goodness from Go, even if he's near-guaranteed to lose, i.e. a Duel that's satisfying even when the good guy/gal ends up the on the losing end (if for no other reason than to make up for them having dropped him off the face of the show for another half-dozen episodes for the 3rd time in not even 40 episodes).

Yeah, again, reminds me of three, four and five from zexal but with way less screen time and therefore less character development. I liked what we saw of them (even if we didn't see the personal motivation behind genome's actions) but they could have been something a little more prominent, kinda like shark was an on and off villain for the beginning of zexal. And speaking of, zexal had some very good concepts that were destroyed due to the incredible unlikability of some characters, including the main protagonist. But back at what i was saying, i hope these 3 can still have some importance in the future, thwarting a small part of the bad guys's plan, again, like what happened with tree, four and five.

Not really here nor there, but I didn't find Zexal's lead unlikable at all. Very much the opposite, as he was quite an endearing kid.

Oh yeah, you're right. Than that probably means each of the main cast including revolver and yusaku's friend's brother or aoi's brother will have each one AI as their companion for the "2nd season", like yuma and astral times 5. Hopefully there won't be anything as silly as the fusion of yuma and astral in Vrains.

Yuma and Astral merging was cool, though. :(

And they have the perfect setting and potential set-up for it, too. I'd be disappointed if it never happened at some point.

(Speaking of neither here nor there things, I'm hoping Naoki'll get his due next Season. I've been interested in his prospects since day one, and his focus episode validated my interests and won me over thoroughly and ever more so. And this is super out there, but I'd love it if he was made the one who calls Yusaku out, after learning his identity of course, and beats him in a Duel to cement it.)

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
At least Espa Roba had a motivation to his actions

I'd argue that so has spectre. He had nothing more to live for, was alone and only found meaning in his life when the incident that motivates yusaku's revenge took place. Truly disgusting yugioh characters come in the form of weevil and flip, pure cancer with zero redeeming qualities. And flip is without a doubt the worst of the two. He is supposed to be friends with yuma and not only cheats (after when he was supposed to be a bad guy, also betrays yuma) leading to yuma having to save him, he doesn't learn anything and in the barian arc betrays yuma again. He never learns and i hoped when people were brought back, that he stayed dead. The doctor from arc-v was not a horrible character but a horrible person and the only thing i regret not watching in arc-V was a slow and well deserved death for that monster.

Not really here nor there, but I didn't find Zexal's lead unlikable at all. Very much the opposite, as he was quite an endearing kid.

Probably came out a little to strongly there. Some due to being treated as an archetype rather than a fleshed out character were truly awful (flip and kotori). As for yuma, i guess it's the huge difference that it's going from a mature character like yusei to a kid as dumb as bricks (in the beginning) that made me think very poorly of him. Until things got really serious (vetrix) i truly hated him. In the serious events, his age didn't convince me what he said was from him. He didn't mature that quickly to be action pretty much like a young adult. But that's shonnen anime for you right? Still, watching zexal's tragic moments (which were amazing) witnessed and reacted to by a 13 year old that wasn't scarred in his past took me out of it. The only moment i believe he genuinely would react the way he did is vector's reveal and subsequent final match. Everything else, from vetrix to doctor faker and all the way to don thousand and the conflict between barians and astral didn't involve yuma directly enough (again, with the exception of vector) for me to buy his reactions and that's why i never warmed up to him. In the end of the series yuma isn't unlikable but those first episodes really pi5sed me off.

Yuma and Astral merging was cool, though. :(

And they have the perfect setting and potential set-up for it, too. I'd be disappointed if it never happened at some point.

(Speaking of neither here nor there things, I'm hoping Naoki'll get his due next Season. I've been interested in his prospects since day one, and his focus episode validated my interests and won me over thoroughly and ever more so. And this is super out there, but I'd love it if he was made the one who calls Yusaku out, after learning his identity of course, and beats him in a Duel to cement it.)

The concept of merging, I don't know what it is but i find it really silly. Like jaden spouting catch phrases in the dub all the time silly.

As for naoki's chances, i think they're slim. If i know my yugiohs, i know revolver will return as an ally and therefore the skill bar gets higher. Either they develop naoki a lot or he's relegated to being Vrains's kotori. And he had good chances too, i mean, just look at the cast size. It's the smallest the series ever had. They have the chance of developing each character better, which they did so far (just look at aoi) but naoki's sadly still in the shadow. But who knows, maybe he can become a part of the heroes in the future.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's just funny to see how much NAS is trying to get rid of Go.

Not only he rarely appears and has to be shoehorned in with the whole "Another" thing conveniently hitting a friend of his we never see before and never see again, now he's also dueling Revolver of all person, and from the episode title alone, it looks like he's gonna be dead in just 1 episode.

The fact that he also has nothing to do with the main plot makes me wonder if his inclusion was not in NAS' plan originally, and for whatever reason, NAS disliked his inclusion and tried to keep him out as often as possible, which in turn makes me think they were forced to add Go into the series.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I'm bored of the series so far. Same cliches and Yusaku going around destroying every single known character.

Not enough villains, not enough interesting good guys. Season 2 needs to do a major refreshing and bring new faces. Interesting ones, not more hot-dog sellers who do absolutely nothing.

Yusaku himself is also as boring as a brick.

This whole "mature" approach is never going to work in a series like Yu-Gi-Oh. This is why even 5D's gave up on it and became more lighthearted by the Yliaster arc.

Last edited:
This series is truly the worst I've seen out of all the Yugioh series. How can anyone stand clip shows every ten episodes, Yusaku doing everything important, complicated and confusing effects on almost every card, and a horrible music score?

J. D. Guy

Probably came out a little to strongly there. Some due to being treated as an archetype rather than a fleshed out character were truly awful (flip and kotori). As for yuma, i guess it's the huge difference that it's going from a mature character like yusei to a kid as dumb as bricks (in the beginning) that made me think very poorly of him. Until things got really serious (vetrix) i truly hated him. In the serious events, his age didn't convince me what he said was from him. He didn't mature that quickly to be action pretty much like a young adult. But that's shonnen anime for you right? Still, watching zexal's tragic moments (which were amazing) witnessed and reacted to by a 13 year old that wasn't scarred in his past took me out of it. The only moment i believe he genuinely would react the way he did is vector's reveal and subsequent final match. Everything else, from vetrix to doctor faker and all the way to don thousand and the conflict between barians and astral didn't involve yuma directly enough (again, with the exception of vector) for me to buy his reactions and that's why i never warmed up to him. In the end of the series yuma isn't unlikable but those first episodes really pi5sed me off.

The concept of merging, I don't know what it is but i find it really silly. Like jaden spouting catch phrases in the dub all the time silly.

As for naoki's chances, i think they're slim. If i know my yugiohs, i know revolver will return as an ally and therefore the skill bar gets higher. Either they develop naoki a lot or he's relegated to being Vrains's kotori. And he had good chances too, i mean, just look at the cast size. It's the smallest the series ever had. They have the chance of developing each character better, which they did so far (just look at aoi) but naoki's sadly still in the shadow. But who knows, maybe he can become a part of the heroes in the future.

This is less likely to share common ground, but I... actually liked Flip. Rather, I liked the idea of Flip, and his scant few moments of focus for him were something I enjoyed. I liked his debut Duel, for starters, and the two rather isolated moments during the lead-up to Astral's rescue and right after were also good for me. In fact, I was rather touched at Flip for the memorial he made for Astral, and his VA's delivery of those lines were super effective, especially given the circumstance of the character's character.

Flip's problem is that they didn't do nearly enough to do the character's potential justice. This was, alas, a recurring issue for anyone who wasn't Yuma, Shark, Kite, or the writer's current favorite antagonist. (Though it is still early, VRAINS seems to be following a similar bad habit, what with its over-reliance on Yusaku and no one but Kusanagi or Ignis getting anything related to consistent screentime, with the former being someone who's a non-Duelist in a show featuring Duels whom we don't know nearly as enough as one would think would be know with the screentime he's consistently allotted. [In this sense, Ignis is Astral and Kusanagi is Tori.] Furthermore, Go and Blue Angel both awesome and cool characters, from personalities down to aesthetics, drop in and out of the story to a frustrating degree, meaning they only have a patchwork knowledge of what going on, and Noaki, another character with potential, is... being squandered. Almost tantalizingly so.)

Speaking of Tori, she's kinda a hot button topic, so I won't speak on that. Also, regarding Naoki again, I see him as the perfect opportunity to due a genuine Joey expy with Naoki's growth as a Duelist and character. They have to use him, first. Beyond the awesome but extremely limited single true focus episode in going on 50. The way he "opted out" of the arc may lead some hope for him later, but it could also be used as an excuse not to use him in earnest again, so it's a little worrying.

Lastly, I sorry you don't like the merging. I think it's super cool, though, and hope they don't miss the chance to go the, in my eyes, obvious enough route. :D

It's just funny to see how much NAS is trying to get rid of Go.

Not only he rarely appears and has to be shoehorned in with the whole "Another" thing conveniently hitting a friend of his we never see before and never see again, now he's also dueling Revolver of all person, and from the episode title alone, it looks like he's gonna be dead in just 1 episode.

The fact that he also has nothing to do with the main plot makes me wonder if his inclusion was not in NAS' plan originally, and for whatever reason, NAS disliked his inclusion and tried to keep him out as often as possible, which in turn makes me think they were forced to add Go into the series.

Not a fan of that train of thought. For one thing, it's pretty reaching. For another, it's super presumptuous. Last but not least, it make you come off as being someone who has something against Go, and not the producers.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Not a fan of that train of thought. For one thing, it's pretty reaching. For another, it's super presumptuous. Last but not least, it make you come off as being someone who has something against Go, and not the producers.

Why would I have anything against the producer? They're doing well so far, the use of Go aside. Although, I can understand if someone who likes Go would dislike the notion that NAS staff actually has trouble with him on the show.

Unfortunately we all can see clearly how disconnected Go is from the plot. He's not related to Yusaku, he's not related to SOL, he's not related to Hanoi Knights, and neither he nor his friend is a victim of the Hanoi Project, like I said, it's mighty convenient that he gets into the Hanoi plot because of a generic one shot character that just so happens to be his friend. That's why some people back then said he was shoehorned in.

And don't you remember how long Go has been missing from the series before the whole "Another" thing? It was 18 episodes straight, by the way. Both Emma & Akira, on their own, not combined, actually have done more than Go so far. Also, until the whole "Another" thing where he gets shoehorned in, you can easily pretend Go is a one shot character, and nothing up to that point would change. And now it is hinted he'll lose and gets digitized in just one episode?

Honestly it would be great to see they use Go more, but as it is right now, NAS is acting like they don't want Go to stay.

And that's my opinion as a Vrains viewer about how they treated Go. If anything, I'm willing to admit it's something NAS should change - they've been given Go to work with, and they're paid to do it, so they should do it properly and involve Go more into the show since the beginning.

........However, I do have new thoughts just recently - with how Aoi is trying to retire from dueling (at least as Blue Angel), we might going to see Aoi being "put on a bus" for a while after the battle with Hanoi, as the series shifts focus into Go. Currently the popular theory is that there will be a tournament arc to get people back to Link Vrains after the Hanoi threat is cleared (as every YGO series always has a tournament arc), it could be a good time to give more focus into Go, as he might be the only Charisma Duelist we know so far who will be willing to go into a tournament.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
This is less likely to share common ground, but I... actually liked Flip. Rather, I liked the idea of Flip, and his scant few moments of focus for him were something I enjoyed. I liked his debut Duel, for starters, and the two rather isolated moments during the lead-up to Astral's rescue and right after were also good for me. In fact, I was rather touched at Flip for the memorial he made for Astral, and his VA's delivery of those lines were super effective, especially given the circumstance of the character's character.

Flip's problem is that they didn't do nearly enough to do the character's potential justice. This was, alas, a recurring issue for anyone who wasn't Yuma, Shark, Kite, or the writer's current favorite antagonist. (Though it is still early, VRAINS seems to be following a similar bad habit, what with its over-reliance on Yusaku and no one but Kusanagi or Ignis getting anything related to consistent screentime, with the former being someone who's a non-Duelist in a show featuring Duels whom we don't know nearly as enough as one would think would be know with the screentime he's consistently allotted. [In this sense, Ignis is Astral and Kusanagi is Tori.] Furthermore, Go and Blue Angel both awesome and cool characters, from personalities down to aesthetics, drop in and out of the story to a frustrating degree, meaning they only have a patchwork knowledge of what going on, and Noaki, another character with potential, is... being squandered. Almost tantalizingly so.)

Speaking of Tori, she's kinda a hot button topic, so I won't speak on that. Also, regarding Naoki again, I see him as the perfect opportunity to due a genuine Joey expy with Naoki's growth as a Duelist and character. They have to use him, first. Beyond the awesome but extremely limited single true focus episode in going on 50. The way he "opted out" of the arc may lead some hope for him later, but it could also be used as an excuse not to use him in earnest again, so it's a little worrying.

Lastly, I sorry you don't like the merging. I think it's super cool, though, and hope they don't miss the chance to go the, in my eyes, obvious enough route. :D

My gripe with flip is that he didn't evolve as a character and in the 2nd season took that numbers card, not thinking it could be a trap. When you see a character being rescued by the protagonist because his own actions were wrong and when you see that character not learning from that mistake and being more careful from there on, you feel like you're wasting your time when that character is on the screen. Tori has a similar problem but maybe due to a different reason. She's IMO a victim of the huge cast that zexal had. 5d's was a little more concentrated with their main hero cast and therefore allowed for the best fleshing out of the good guys we saw in yugioh. Even each of the twins got their own mini-arc. Vrains is, so far, kinda wasting one of their main characters (haven't watched ep. 38 yet) and i agree with Shine, Go doesn't have any ties with the other 2 thus making him stand out in a weird way.

As for the merging...i can only hope they make it cool this time but i didn't like any time this happened (not a big fan of mixing 2 (or 4, if you're in arc-V) designs of such different characters, yugi and the pharaoh don't count as a merging because the design is pretty similar).

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

Why would I have anything against the producer? They're doing well so far, the use of Go aside. Although, I can understand if someone who likes Go would dislike the notion that NAS staff actually has trouble with him on the show.

Unfortunately we all can see clearly how disconnected Go is from the plot. He's not related to Yusaku, he's not related to SOL, he's not related to Hanoi Knights, and neither he nor his friend is a victim of the Hanoi Project, like I said, it's mighty convenient that he gets into the Hanoi plot because of a generic one shot character that just so happens to be his friend. That's why some people back then said he was shoehorned in.

And don't you remember how long Go has been missing from the series before the whole "Another" thing? It was 18 episodes straight, by the way. Both Emma & Akira, on their own, not combined, actually have done more than Go so far. Also, until the whole "Another" thing where he gets shoehorned in, you can easily pretend Go is a one shot character, and nothing up to that point would change. And now it is hinted he'll lose and gets digitized in just one episode?

Honestly it would be great to see they use Go more, but as it is right now, NAS is acting like they don't want Go to stay.

And that's my opinion as a Vrains viewer about how they treated Go. If anything, I'm willing to admit it's something NAS should change - they've been given Go to work with, and they're paid to do it, so they should do it properly and involve Go more into the show since the beginning.

........However, I do have new thoughts just recently - with how Aoi is trying to retire from dueling (at least as Blue Angel), we might going to see Aoi being "put on a bus" for a while after the battle with Hanoi, as the series shifts focus into Go. Currently the popular theory is that there will be a tournament arc to get people back to Link Vrains after the Hanoi threat is cleared (as every YGO series always has a tournament arc), it could be a good time to give more focus into Go, as he might be the only Charisma Duelist we know so far who will be willing to go into a tournament.

I'm not sure who (writer, producer, etc.), if anyone, is to blame for Go's overall current lack of screen-time and presence (I believe I referred to that in my prior post, with him dropping so in and out of the story to a degree that became frustrating). All I can say is that I don't agree with (and somewhat don't appreciate, due to prior experiences) the conclusion you made and your thought process that led to it (which felt circular, or came off as, at least). Thing is, Go's not the only character who has this issue, as I definitely recall mentioning in my last post. Still, I have noticed that he is the one/only one who tends to get picked on and outright dissed for it, which I've definitely grown weary of (other characters in the same or similar boat aren't acknowledged as such, aren't acknowledged at all, or are apologized or justified for).

One other thing I did not speak on that I want to mention. The title in and of itself doesn't indicate the length of the Duel (note: this is before we got the title and summary for episode 40). You mentioned you feel the Duel will be 1-episode based on the title, but the title isn't much more than your typical Japanese Yugioh episode title, in all its hype-ness and occasional misleading glory. Revolver uses Rokket Monsters, which are bullets, which tend to be deadly. That's should not be taken as reason to assume the shortness of the Duel on Go's behalf.

Not to say I believe he'll win, as based on the current set-up, that's not how things are telegraphed to go. Still, there's no real reason, beyond paranoia, to directly assume it'll be a single episode Duel. If anything, going from Blue Angel and Spectre's example, it'll be 3 parts (even if on a technicality), and otherwise will be full-length and respectable to both parties. I feel that has more indication of being the case, and that's what I'm personally hoping for and looking forward to.

Looking at the next episode summaries/names (which I just did mid-typing of this post), it will at least be a full 2 parts, which is functionally how long Blue Angel and Spectre's Duel was when not counting the technicality of "Summon Sunseed, Summon Dryas, end episode".

(Aoi want's to stop being Blue Angel, eh? Heh. That's what happens when I don't watch subs; a lot of little details gets missed. Still, I like the speculation on Season 2 being a tournament arc that's outwardly intended to re-hype VRAINS after the PR Nightmare that's currently ongoing. In addition to Go, it'd also be a perfect time to have Naoki gain some focus, as he enters and gains skill, experience, and credibility.)