• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, let's hope Go's duel will actually be at least 2 episodes.

Would be great seeing Go holding on against Revolver.

(Aoi want's to stop being Blue Angel, eh? Heh. That's what happens when I don't watch subs; a lot of little details gets missed.

Yeah, she said it after she won against Vyra, when she is having a little chat with her, she mentioned she wanted to stop (the episode implied it's because Akira wanted her to stop), and came back to LV "just this one time" because she was pissed off about what Emma told her, and wanted to vent it out on a duel.

It seems she still can't let it go, though, considering she came back again during the Hanoi Tower attack to join Playmaker and Go. Which is natural character progression, after all, she's been dueling as Blue Angel for a long time, suddenly stopping like that would be hard especially when the place you loved to duel in is being attacked.

Personally I think we'll also get a mini arc about her trying to get Akira's approval to go back to dueling again. So far, the biggest thing about her characterization that we know, is that she's too shy to speak to practically everyone, including Akira. Eventually she will not be able to keep standing on the sideline and just watching, and has to open up and talk to Akira to let her duel again.

J. D. Guy

Yeah, let's hope Go's duel will actually be at least 2 episodes.

Would be great seeing Go holding on against Revolver.

Yeah, she said it after she won against Vyra, when she is having a little chat with her, she mentioned she wanted to stop (the episode implied it's because Akira wanted her to stop), and came back to LV "just this one time" because she was pissed off about what Emma told her, and wanted to vent it out on a duel.

It seems she still can't let it go, though, considering she came back again during the Hanoi Tower attack to join Playmaker and Go. Which is natural character progression, after all, she's been dueling as Blue Angel for a long time, suddenly stopping like that would be hard especially when the place you loved to duel in is being attacked.

Personally I think we'll also get a mini arc about her trying to get Akira's approval to go back to dueling again. So far, the biggest thing about her characterization that we know, is that she's too shy to speak to practically everyone, including Akira. Eventually she will not be able to keep standing on the sideline and just watching, and has to open up and talk to Akira to let her duel again.

Based on the info from the link, it will definitely be 2 episodes minimum.

If they went in that direction for her character, I wouldn't be surprised if that capstoned with her Dueling her brother.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
While the past recaps were bad, this one was actually good. Seeing the recap from the point of view of the villain, while simultaneously learning more about them, is a fantastic idea and i really appreciated this episode. We saw that both sides fight for what they believe but the villains know what they are doing, while yusaku and co are simply opposing them. Meanwhile, the bigger villain that is SOL technologies is buried deep in mystery. Who were those chess pieces? what are they planning? What's the doctor and revolver's history with SOL? And lastly, are they wrong or is ignis truly a threat? The beginning of the series was crude and vague but things are coming together bit by bit. I believe we have a fantastic series ahead, if they don't ush things. Arc-V had so much promise but in the end it felt incomplete. I hope we don't get a 2nd round of that.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I can't believe people are praising recaps now. Seriously, fantastic for like a minute total of new footage? That's a new low. Even the staff is ashamed of them but they have to constantly showcase these.

I'll just opt out of this fandom at this rate until the next season. Arc-V was fantastic, not this. Bad characters with worst designed female lead ever. Thank goodness Spectre got her out for a while, at least.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I can't believe people are praising recaps now. Seriously, fantastic for like a minute total of new footage? That's a new low. Even the staff is ashamed of them but they have to constantly showcase these.

I'll just opt out of this fandom at this rate until the next season. Arc-V was fantastic, not this. Bad characters with worst designed female lead ever. Thank goodness Spectre got her out for a while, at least.

Only this one is worthy of any attention, all the previous ones are trash. Unlike the last ones, we actually saw new stuff from the point of view of the villain, which we know nothing specific about their motivation yet. This recap showed that revolver cares for his knights and is obsessed with yusaku, something i had no idea about. We also saw revolver explicitly require more time to find his true identity, that he believes the internet world is worthless and should be erased and that he thinks (or even knows for sure) that AIs gaining sentience will bring catastrophic results.

But one thing i agree, we would be perfectly fine without all the reused footage from past episodes. If this episode took that out and was more of a full on preparation/introspection episode, so to speak, of revolver going to the battleground, it would have been fantastic. Sadly we didn't get that and i'm happy that they at least tried to make this episode relevant to the plot. I wish they did the dragon ball super and simply went on hiatus until they fixed their stuff and were ready to go on a regular schedule instead of rushing so much that they need a filler every 10 episodes.

J. D. Guy

I wish they did the dragon ball super and simply went on hiatus until they fixed their stuff and were ready to go on a regular schedule instead of rushing so much that they need a filler every 10 episodes.

That's not really a reasonable option for Japanese series (especially not for Yu-Gi-Oh!), and those that do so are anomalies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
That's not really a reasonable option for Japanese series (especially not for Yu-Gi-Oh!), and those that do so are anomalies.

I understand, especially when the series is tied with the physical card game that releases new cards constantly. But if they keep being behind the deadline for what they used to be like before the BBT movie, Vrains will fall into arc-v levels of wasted potential.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
ARC-V Sound Duel 4 will be released in March 28th.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
You can always count on a Mirror Force to ruin your comeback. This is why Revolver is such a cunning duelist

This is probably the first proper yugioh duel i've seen played probably ever. Revolver uses a monster that searches and summons a copy from the deck, he uses his trigger dragon as an extra draw with topologic's effect and while mirror force (and probably all of the same kind of battle traps) don't get played, At last, a generic good trap card is used. On the other hand go's deck is fenomenal. Did you see how many +1s he got? And that spell that summons 2 goukis can be searched with the goukis from the gy. Goukis are really good. All go had to do was skip his battle phase, keep it calm and attack next turn because you never know when that only card on the opponent's backrow can be a mirror force. If he played a little more conservative and kept his hand advantage, he could very well have won soon. I'm loving the meta-ness of the duel.

NeoDude-5000

V-Jump is here and good news if you are getting bored with the opening like I am we've got a new one coming in April. The new theme is called "Go Forward" and is sung by the same guy who did the Japanese opening and ending for the Millennium World arc. Also there are some details about something that may or not be Yu-Gi-Oh related on the article.

Opening News: https://ygorganization.com/hageshikuyuragukawaitadaichi/

Also some card news
Structure Deck: https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-april-2018-curse-of-the-dark-news/
Starter Deck: https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-april-2018-starter-deck-2018-news/
Perfect Rulebook that no one really care about: https://ygorganization.com/perfectrulebook2018/

And the big one, <cues Clear Mind> A NEW SHOOTING STAR DRAGON!!! Well a baby version of it anyway: https://ygorganization.com/thiscallsforanewmasaakiendohsong/

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
And here i though it was all over for GO. Both decks had such a strong comeback ability. Also, i enjoyed the new song that played during the episode.

Next time, finally, playmaker vs revolver, the score is settled (not).

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Looks like i predicted it. AIs are basically the children of the lost incident in digital form. This means there's 2 or 3 more kids we don't know about (depending if kusanagi's brother is that insane looking dude that knows that yusaku is playmaker) and that spectre may become an ally, maybe... Also, AI is getting more and more suspicious now. Good thing yusaku's simply considering him the hostage that he initially was and not falling for him, we're still unsure about what could the AIs do if let alone so i'm interested to see where this goes and to find out if the knights of hanoi had the right idea all along.

J. D. Guy

This is probably the first proper yugioh duel i've seen played probably ever. Revolver uses a monster that searches and summons a copy from the deck, he uses his trigger dragon as an extra draw with topologic's effect and while mirror force (and probably all of the same kind of battle traps) don't get played, At last, a generic good trap card is used. On the other hand go's deck is fenomenal. Did you see how many +1s he got? And that spell that summons 2 goukis can be searched with the goukis from the gy. Goukis are really good. All go had to do was skip his battle phase, keep it calm and attack next turn because you never know when that only card on the opponent's backrow can be a mirror force. If he played a little more conservative and kept his hand advantage, he could very well have won soon. I'm loving the meta-ness of the duel.

(Keeping it mind that changing what the character does would have change how the Duel would have put them in the same/similar corner, so it's all really just hypothetical) Skipping his turn wouldn't have made Mirror Force disappear. His Link Protection is what required Go to play 4 Links in the first place, since he couldn't attack otherwise, and keep in mind that Links can't be shifted to Defense. If he passed his turn with minimal defense, Revolver would have just started playing his Rockets and broke his field again. Without altering the entire Duel, it's difficult to really say how Go could have done anything different that would have made a difference.

I understand, especially when the series is tied with the physical card game that releases new cards constantly. But if they keep being behind the deadline for what they used to be like before the BBT movie, Vrains will fall into arc-v levels of wasted potential.

Well, I don't see Arc-V as wasted potential, so...

And I'm kinda waiting for VRAINS to really grab me like Arc-V did, beyond Go, Blue Angel, and Naoki's occasional participation. I'm unreservedly liking the Duels, though.

UPPDATE: Oh yeah also V-Jump gave us some info about Go's new monster, as well as a new monster by Revolver. Here's a link to the article if you want to check them out:
https://ygorganization.com/thisfistofmineisburningred/

A little late, but that was Weekly (W) Jump. Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Looks like i predicted it. AIs are basically the children of the lost incident in digital form. This means there's 2 or 3 more kids we don't know about (depending if kusanagi's brother is that insane looking dude that knows that yusaku is playmaker) and that spectre may become an ally, maybe... Also, AI is getting more and more suspicious now. Good thing yusaku's simply considering him the hostage that he initially was and not falling for him, we're still unsure about what could the AIs do if let alone so i'm interested to see where this goes and to find out if the knights of hanoi had the right idea all along.

I'm curious if it will be revealed that Go and Aoi were part of the incident at a later date? There was a girl and also a boy who's silhouette kinda looked like it could be kid Go, and among the AIs in the first episode, there was a top-heavy orange one that looked like it'd fit Go and a feminine looking blue one that looked like it'd fit Blue Angel.

On a different note, the way I see it, no matter what the truth turns out to be, Hanoi's methods are so blasphemously wrong that there's no way for them to be justifiable or "the right idea". Not with all the disruption, terrorism, and coma victims they've left in their wake.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
(Keeping it mind that changing what the character does would have change how the Duel would have put them in the same/similar corner, so it's all really just hypothetical) Skipping his turn wouldn't have made Mirror Force disappear. His Link Protection is what required Go to play 4 Links in the first place, since he couldn't attack otherwise, and keep in mind that Links can't be shifted to Defense. If he passed his turn with minimal defense, Revolver would have just started playing his Rockets and broke his field again. Without altering the entire Duel, it's difficult to really say how Go could have done anything different that would have made a difference.

That's true. Revolver sure likes his nukes. And especially with how both decks can easily go for OTKs, it's true that if Go didn't do anything, Revolver would have actively wiped the board.

Well, I don't see Arc-V as wasted potential, so...

And I'm kinda waiting for VRAINS to really grab me like Arc-V did, beyond Go, Blue Angel, and Naoki's occasional participation. I'm unreservedly liking the Duels, though.

(some details may escape me so bear that in mind for this one) Arc-V had so much promise and it grabbed me pretty much from the start. But when the synchro dimension came to an end (unsatisfyingly so to me) and the xyz dimension came and went so fast, leading to a rushed zarc in the fusion dimension, and, throughout the series, the almost complete anonymity of ruri (only know her because she's my favorite arc-V character despite almost no development) and rin (i had to search her name because she wasn't memorable enough). My complaint with the series is mostly after the end of the synchro dimension. The build-up until then was awesome and some characters were amazingly developed (sora, kurosaki and dennis) but the rushed conclusion and the failed and pathetic end of Leo and his plan were so disappointing.

I'm curious if it will be revealed that Go and Aoi were part of the incident at a later date? There was a girl and also a boy who's silhouette kinda looked like it could be kid Go, and among the AIs in the first episode, there was a top-heavy orange one that looked like it'd fit Go and a feminine looking blue one that looked like it'd fit Blue Angel.

On a different note, the way I see it, no matter what the truth turns out to be, Hanoi's methods are so blasphemously wrong that there's no way for them to be justifiable or "the right idea". Not with all the disruption, terrorism, and coma victims they've left in their wake.

Unless mind wiping is involved, i don't see a reason as to why both Go and Aoi would do nothing when they saw the knights of hanoi in action. I remember the blue AI having a similar design to Aoi so maybe (and logically too) that would be the case.

As for the knights of hanoi, maybe "right idea" is not the proper term. More like "right motivation" with horrible, world collapsing and even murderous actions. Those aren't justified in the slightest but it can't be discarded that the AIs aren't entirely good and may well be planning on taking over. It's a very interesting conflict that's quite current.

uber gon

Accept Change
So a Code Talker with a gun. Real game changer there, lads.

NeoDude-5000

New titles and description for episode 44 (getting near the end of season 1)

Episode 44 - Prisoners of Destiny

Having learned the truth hidden by the Ignis and the truth behind the Lost Incident, Playmaker tries to persuade Revolver to stop the Tower of Hanoi. Unfortunately, his words fail to convince Revolver. Having been driven into a corner, Playmaker entrusts all his hopes to his new ace monster!

Episode 45 - An Extreme Duel

Episode 46 - The Circuit that Draws the Future (sounds like the finale)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Revolver can't win a duel with yusaku can he? AI's not as weak as he appeared and that makes me wish he becomes a villain in the end but i'm not seeing it happen. From what i understood, Ryugi ( i think that's his real name) can for some reason be in the real world and in Vrains at the same time. Or maybe that was a flashback. Anyway, next time they meet and would you look at that, AI's still not dead. This was an interesting episode, showcasing revolver's power and almost eliminating any doubts that he's the shark of the series.

NeoDude-5000

We've got some dub news about VRAINS including character names and actors.

Akira Zaizen is still Akira Zaizen in the dub and he will be voiced by Barrett Leddy, a newcomer

Kusanagi will be known as Koulter in the dub and he'll be voiced by Sam Black (no not the singer). He has previously voiced Mamoru and another certain character in ARC-V which I don't think we should never dare talk about. Also he'll voice the Knight from SOL and Roboppi (god have mercy on our souls)

Revolver and Go will be known as Varus and Gore (really!?). And they will be both voiced by Daniel J Edwards who voiced Aigami, Dipper and Dennis Macfield

And finally Mike Pollock will voice Gore's manager. I actually thought Mike would be a suitable actor for him.

No word on who is voicing Yusaku and Aoi (I think she's getting a name change)

Source: https://ygorganization.com/vrains-dub-names-and-actors/