• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
There it is, SOL are (unsurprisingly) the main bad guys. Ryogi's design is alright. The creation of the ignis was made while kogami worked for SOL which means there will be a way to make everything alright in the end. But for now, the doctor's logic is pretty simple and quite accurate. It's matrix/terminator all over again, with a slight incline towards the self defense of the AIs rather than themselves considering humanity a threat. The point still stands as either mankind or the AI will undoubtedly see the other as a threat at some point and, just like the real world seems to be on the verge of a 3rd world war due to this same stalemate, measures will be taken on both sides, which in Vrains case would lead to human extinction. Good plot there, writers.

NeoDude-5000

And speaking of plot I bring season 2 news! I won't spoil the plot details but I will post the source so you can see it yourselves. But when we have new seasons we get new characters.

The first new character is Homura Takeru/Soulburner and he will be voiced by Yuki Kaji who voiced Clemont in the Pokemon anime and Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan

The second is Bowman (no details on who he really is) and he is voiced by Kenji Matsuda

And lastly there is Flame, the red Ignis. He will be voiced by Taku Yashiro who voiced the Battle Beast in ARC-V

Also the ending theme will called "BOY" performed by Uchuu

Links:
Season 2: https://ygorganization.com/intotheflames/
Ending: https://ygorganization.com/aboygoesintospace/

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Bowman is working with a very colorful boy Haru. That's all we know at the moment about him.

What's interesting is Homura/Soulburner. Is he a Lost Incident kid? And how did he managed to get an Ignis when Ai locked the Cyberse World and all the other Ignis inside it?

NeoDude-5000

I think Homura is one of the children kidnapped during the Lost Incident. Flame being a fire Ignis who is similar Homura's alias Soulburner being fire associated kinda reinforces it.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
5 link 4's and still keeps refreshing his field for more plays, never running out of the base monsters. I know it's situational but this deck just keeps impressing me every time. It would be hilarious if yusaku's last draw was a raigeki, allowing for some graveyard play that would win him the duel. "Oh, so you think you're the only one with a field nuke? Check his out."

NeoDude-5000

So far this duel has been epic, and we finally have the Extra Link. But we know that next week we get something that isn't a Link monster, Yusaku's new Ritual monster.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I just want a new op so bad

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
What a comeback. This duel was amazing. Next time, i think we're getting a new OP and ED.

NeoDude-5000

This episode was by far the best season finale in a while, none of ARC-V's season finales were like "Oh my god this best episode of the series so far". Can't wait for season 2, and VRAINS so far is pretty promising.

Oh yeah also I might've jumped to conclusions to soon about Cyberse Magician appearing, I was sort of expecting a Yugi vs. Pegasus endgame

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
This episode was by far the best season finale in a while, none of ARC-V's season finales were like "Oh my god this best episode of the series so far". Can't wait for season 2, and VRAINS so far is pretty promising.

Oh yeah also I might've jumped to conclusions to soon about Cyberse Magician appearing, I was sort of expecting a Yugi vs. Pegasus endgame

Absolutely, this is how you end an arc. I thought many times that yusaku had it only to see revolver squash every comeback he had. Plus, he managed to put 5 link 4s in his field, which is crazy on it's own. Vrains's character's decks are all awesome.

NeoDude-5000

So much to talk about the first episode of season 2 and what to expect onwards. First I like the new opening (also did anyone notice the new Code Talker monster? I guess its the ace for the next Structure Deck) and the ending was also great. As for the episode I thought it was a good start, everyones happy, new baddie comes and springs our hero into action again, and the baddie does a out-of-the-rulebook move by using a new spell type. Case in point Link Spells, these are probably going to be a thing in the real game and not improvised like how Dark and Accel Synchros were. And poor Jin he never seems to catch a break with the plot.

And as the other details, I'm looking forward to Soulburner's debut (also Shine you were right about him being one of the kidnapped children) and he gets to be Playmaker's partner (reminds me of Iron Man and War Machine, and Captain America and Falcon or Bucky), what was the reason behind the destruction of the Cyberse World, and more exciting stuff.

INTO THE NEW VRAINS!

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
First of, from last week's episode, queen is bae. She's awesome. And really, poor Jin can't catch a break. He did nothing but suffer the whole time we saw him.

Now for the plot. We got exactly what we needed, multiple new characters with unknown alliances. I never liked go's first design so i'm happy he's getting an overhaul but his new role is a little strange, there's nothing in particular that ties him to the plot now and i think him becoming an hunter is the only way they thought he could still be relevant. I like the no bs taking private hunter blood sheperd and i'm the most intrigued about bohman and haru and how their relationship will develop. I'm not convinced haru was telling the truth, he was simply "reprogramming" (maybe even in the literal sense) bohman (note the glowing red eyes) with the same lie he tells him every time he snaps back into reality. I know i'm hyping myself here but i wanna believe we got ourselves a villain that is going to do anything to get what he wants. And seriously, queen is so cool!

Oh, and the fire guy is cool, i guess. Great username but i reserve my judgement for when we see more of him later on.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
VRAINS is the only anime series that has been able to keep my attention since 5D's. I'm liking the recent duels and this new character seems somewhat promising. We'll see what happens. Interested to see what kind of deck he plays.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It's the second time it happened and i'm still wondering, why don't they activate judgement arrows in the center zone instead of on the sides? I know all monsters are destroyed but in this duel, the 1600 1st turn damage could have been 2400. The markers are all in the upper side so if played in the middle zone it would affect every main monster zone instead of just 2. I thought bit and boot would go all out not caring about the destruction effect.

The episode was alright. I still don't know if Go has a place in this arc but we'll see if is motivation is convincing enough for him to join the hunters. We now have half the cast of the lost incident victims and i doubt specter will remain gone since he appears in the opening.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Soulburner's deck seems somewhat interesting. Not something I would play, but it appears to be able to pump out just as many monsters as Yusaku's. I was surprised to see Go in the bounty hunter group. Hidden motive maybe?

NeoDude-5000

It's the second time it happened and i'm still wondering, why don't they activate judgement arrows in the center zone instead of on the sides? I know all monsters are destroyed but in this duel, the 1600 1st turn damage could have been 2400. The markers are all in the upper side so if played in the middle zone it would affect every main monster zone instead of just 2. I thought bit and boot would go all out not caring about the destruction effect.

I think it was a misplay on Bit and Byt-sorry wrong series, on Bit and Boot's part. But I've got a feeling something familiar might happen. Remember back in the first duel when that Knight of Hanoi played Cracking Dragon in front of the Extra Monster Zone that Yusaku eventually used for Decode Talker and we all know how that turned out, some episodes later Varis uses Cracking Dragon and uses common sense by putting it in the middle zone. So maybe when we get to the first boss villain in season 2 they might be like "I'm playing this in the middle because my minions are idiots" and give our heroes a hard time

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I'm noticing some similarities between zexal season 2 and this arc. First, the link spell that every bad guy uses (so far), just like that barian spell card every possessed duelist used. Then there's the reincarnation link summon spell card, which reminds me a little of the rank-up magic cards, although it is sending link monters in a different direction that straight up "leveling-up". I don't know if the reincarnation spell will remain a soulburner exclusive or if it will also spread to the heroes. That new firewall dragon that appears in the opening looks very similar to the original so maybe there's some sort of "leveling-up" card after all as well.

NeoDude-5000

I do think we'll get a evolutionary Extra Deck summoning method like Accel Synchro and Rank-Up Xyz Evolution for Link monsters. Reincarnation Link Summon is basically just summoning a copy of the same monster you used, so maybe something similar to how Utopia Ray and Shark Drake Vice were summoned using only their base forms would be applicable, except with other monsters thrown into the mix to summon Link 5 and above monsters.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I do think we'll get a evolutionary Extra Deck summoning method like Accel Synchro and Rank-Up Xyz Evolution for Link monsters. Reincarnation Link Summon is basically just summoning a copy of the same monster you used, so maybe something similar to how Utopia Ray and Shark Drake Vice were summoned using only their base forms would be applicable, except with other monsters thrown into the mix to summon Link 5 and above monsters.

Accel synchro was a little harder but ranking up like the straight up using the base monster as a material was a great idea for XYZ monsters. Re-summoning the same monster seems a little OP so i think the method will be restrictive enough for an easy to summon link monster with an OP effect won't be spammed by restricting it to archetypes and making sure those archetype specific link monsters won't have so good of an effect. But i too am thinking we'll get some kind of special link summoning, maybe that's the method used to link summon the red firewall dragon.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Accel synchro was a little harder but ranking up like the straight up using the base monster as a material was a great idea for XYZ monsters. Re-summoning the same monster seems a little OP so i think the method will be restrictive enough for an easy to summon link monster with an OP effect won't be spammed by restricting it to archetypes and making sure those archetype specific link monsters won't have so good of an effect. But i too am thinking we'll get some kind of special link summoning, maybe that's the method used to link summon the red firewall dragon.

They could Link Summon a monster, use its effect, Link Summon something to a new Zone it points to, Link Summon something there, use that thing's effect, Link Summon something using the first Link Monster as material to a Zone the 2nd monster points to, and use its effect thst would only work if it were in that specific Zone. They could call it Hyper Link ; ) Summoning or something like that.

Please note I've not actually watched VRAINS yet so if something like this has happened, ignore me.