• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I typically dislike burn strategies, so I wasn't a fan of Aoi's deck. Her berserk mode looked painful tho and I was glad that we saw how Akira truly does care about Aoi's well-being. :]

I detest burn deck strategies with a passion. Because when they actually work they can be a pain in the butt to stop. Wave Motion Cannon, Stealth Bird, Nightmare Wheel, Wall of Revealing Light, Messenger of Peace, these are just a few cards that were a pain to deal with back in the day in burn decks. I bet Aoi/Blue Angel has a few of these cards in her deck. Burn strategies, grrrr.

Xionea

Half a centaur
While the first few episodes of VRAINS weren't interesting to me, it's been starting to grow on me lately. I really liked the duel with Aoi. I love her character so far, and her deck is totally something I would use (heavy focus on effect damage + playing with your opponent). I used to play a Madolche deck back when I got back into the series for awhile and Aoi's deck was kinda reminiscent to how I liked to play.

While there's definitely a pattern of "get down to less than 1000 LP, grab new card, win" I'm hoping there will be some variation to that formula, even if they occasionally have a non-speed duel once in awhile to change it up (which would effectively alter strategies for decks). Another thing that someone else brought up was the frequent use of the full animation for Link Summoning, it's a bit long, and even more so when it's used 4-5 times in a single episode. I'm sure VRAINS doesn't exactly have the biggest budget appointed to it and this is probably a great way to reuse footage and save on production costs, but it'll probably get tiresome 50+ episodes into the series.

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Blue Angel did well before her meltdown, so props to her. Tbh though, I didn't like how Yusaku summoned Decode Talker; the whole process was too long, then the damn monster ended up being destroyed right away, so it was completely pointless...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Tbh though, I didn't like how Yusaku summoned Decode Talker; the whole process was too long, then the damn monster ended up being destroyed right away, so it was completely pointless...

Yea since Encode Talker was Yusaku's ace in this duel, I did kind of find Decode Talker's usage to be redundant. I mean the two minutes or so that were wasted on summoning Decode Talker could've been used to show more of Aoi's possessed mode.

gamer_legend

Yea since Encode Talker was Yusaku's ace in this duel, I did kind of find Decode Talker's usage to be redundant. I mean the two minutes or so that were wasted on summoning Decode Talker could've been used to show more of Aoi's possessed mode.

Agreed. Honestly Vrains so far within it's first 7 episodes has me more hooked than any series previous which is a remarkable achievement but those Link animations they show prior to a Link Summoning... they really need to be cut down. I'm going to assume Firewall Dragon will be appearing against Revolver should we ever get to that point.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So I guess there was no new episode of VRAINS this week? I was looking forward to seeing what Aoi's condition is now that she's lost the duel with Yusaku and is set free from the Knights of Hanoi and I wonder how long we'll need to wait to see her duel again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
No new episode this week it seems. Right as Vrains is getting good it decides to take a week break. Of course it does. I want to see what happens next with the Knights of Hanoi and I don't appreciate having a week to wait!

Born Better

God of Lightning
Only designs I kinda like are Yusaku and Aoi/Blue Angel. Everyone else is either meh, or trash(whatshisface wrestler dude, fat boy who shut up, announcer)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They need better designs tbh. Revolver and the first Knight looked horrendous.

Revolver's design looks strange now, but it's just his VRAINS persona look if I recall correctly, so he has a different design in real life that we haven't seen yet. Tho since he seems like an important character, even his real design might look bold. ^^

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I wasn't expecting the ninja girl to be that good. What a program! They sure were fast to get to revolver vs yusaku. Sol may look like they know what they're doing but if revolver can erase the vrains if he wanted i think Sol's not as important as they think they are. Good episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I guess I'll have to get used to seeing non-duel episodes every other week at this rate. I liked how Yusaku was worried about Aoi and how he braved Ghost Girl's trap just to get a chance to explain to Akira how Aoi got knocked into her coma. :3

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Into the Vrains episode 8! This was a pretty good followup to episode 7. We learn Aoi/Blue Angel's fate, and got to hear her awesome theme music again too. Yusaku meeting Akira face to face was cool in the opening. It'll be interesting to see where dynamics and loyalties lie. Revolver is clearly the villain right now, but what about SOL? Things are getting really good. And Playmaker is dueling Revolver already? So soon? Let's find out where this will lead us.

NeoDude-5000

At first I could not bring myself up to trust Aoi's brother but now I can, well sort of he is after Ignis too after all. And yay finally we get Playmaker vs Revolver and looks like its going to be epic. This series is really pulling all of the punches from the get-go.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And Playmaker is dueling Revolver already? So soon? Let's find out where this will lead us.

I actually wish they had dueled much sooner and I suppose that if the plot was paced out better, we could've seen Yusaku vs Revolver happen weeks ago instead of us getting so many episodes that focused on dialogue and character backstories.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/ep-9-13-staff-and-titles/

Welp. Looks like we're getting a FOUR PARTER duel. And then a recap episode afterwards.

It will be more than a month before we finally see if Aoi will wake up and if Ema will ever duel (considering her deck is already revealed in a magazine, you'd thought she will duel soon......but nope)

Also, four part Duel this early in the series? And the way they actually solve existing plot points right away, makes me wonder if Vrains will last shorter than any of the previous series.......

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, so VRAINS only showed three duels in the first eight episodes, and now we'll get four duel episodes in a row for a single duel? I don't mind long duels, but four episodes sounds too long for this point in the series.

NeoDude-5000

Wait a 4 parter already??? Like I said they are really pulling all of the punches, I think Duels this early are usually 1-3 episodes long so I guess they really want this duel to deliver. And finally that monster appears at last

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow four episodes for Yusaku's duel against Revolver sounds excessive. I figure that this duel is the equivalent of the first Yusei vs Jack, Yuma vs Kite, and Yuya vs Declan duels, so for it to be four episodes and not just two is shocking to me.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
We'll probably get some other stuff beside the duel in these episodes. Maybe some backstory on Revolver, the Knights of Hanoi or maybe even Yusaku's past. Long duels that last more then two episodes normally always have other stuff going on. Remember Yugi vs Kaiba in Battle City? We got so much stuff going on then just the duel. Hey, Blue Angel's in a coma right now just like Joey was for that duel. Maybe she'll have her own dream/coma tournament just like Joey did.