• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS airs in April 2017 on Wednesdays. It has been pushed back to May 2017.

Summary

http://i.imgur.com/39Wl2FU.jpg

The series will star a new protagonist, Yusaku Fujiki, and takes place in a high-school setting, featuring Virtual Reality Duels in a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology called Link VRAINS.
In this new kind of Duel, the players transform and Duel on some form of hoverboards.
It focuses on (and introduces) a new type of Summoning that is called "Link Summoning".

Characters

Yusaku Fujiki
http://i.imgur.com/HRcbWna.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JTFo9Yo.jpg

Yusaku Fujiki is a high-schooler and a hacker who doesn't like standing out.
However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once.

-Cool-headed and extremely clever. His real skill is in his hacking and cracking abilities. He’s also good at reading people and thinks on his feet.
-When Yusaku enters Virtual Reality Duel, he becomes “Account Name: Playmaker”, radically transforming his appearance.

Link VRAINS

http://i.imgur.com/MxY93fJ.jpg

Link VRAINS is the location where Virtual Reality Duels take place in the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
It is described as "a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology". Data codes can be seen across the Duel field.

Duelists use boards to Duel and are used to ride the “Data Wind”. Duelists will change forms when they Duel in Link VRAINS, similar to avatars.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

We can talk Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS here and anything else in the old thread. We'll probably close the ARC-V thread when VRAINS starts or when ARC-V ends.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
who doesn't like standing out.
Well I'm happy you did it! Jaden's the only one who still doesn't have spiky multi colored hair.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Is it just me or does the monster behind Yusaku look like some type of Buster Blader?

I think it's called Decode Talker. I like its design, tho it seems to have a drawback since when summoned, it opens up the monster card zone across from it in which the opponent can summon a monster from their Extra Deck into.

gliscor&yanmega

After starting 5D's and Zexal late, I learned to just watch the show from the start because I'm clearly going to always enjoy Yugioh. Link Summon seems pretty interesting, hoping they'll include the other Extra Deck cards in the series, would help showcase a part of Link Monsters mechanics too. Have a new type too; which unlike Wyrms, Cyber type will be showcased a bit(Considering the main character uses them).

Virtual Reality duels seem interesting, but Solid Vision seemed the best(Albeit, most dangerous), I'm sure the monsters will still have some nice expressions from time to time though. Wonder what type of death awaits the characters, lost/trapped in cyberspace seems the best bet for now.

I'm excited for it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Will be interesting in seeing how they handle all these new rules to be honest.

Then again Link Monsters and no doubt upgraded Link Monsters or whatever they do to expand this mechanic will occur at some point.

Kinda sucks that stuff like Starlight Road, Mask Change and everything that special summons but does not specifically synchro/fusion/whatever from the extra deck no longer works unless you Link.

Man, Konami is really pushing the new mechanic.

NeoDude-5000

Will be interesting in seeing how they handle all these new rules to be honest.

Then again Link Monsters and no doubt upgraded Link Monsters or whatever they do to expand this mechanic will occur at some point.

Kinda sucks that stuff like Starlight Road, Mask Change and everything that special summons but does not specifically synchro/fusion/whatever from the extra deck no longer works unless you Link.

Man, Konami is really pushing the new mechanic.

That's exactly what made me think "My decks are ****ed". I think the new rules are OK and all but most my favourite decks, namely the ones that use the cards you mentioned, are practically redundant

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Link Summon seems pretty interesting, hoping they'll include the other Extra Deck cards in the series, would help showcase a part of Link Monsters mechanics too.

I'm sure that we'll see all the Extra Deck summoning methods in VRAINS, I just hope that this series will handle it better than Arc V did, by which I mean that I hope that there's no different dimension subplot involved and that all summoning methods will exist without different schools claiming them exclusively.

uber gon

Accept Change
And the protagonist has a dragon ace monster. Again. Why not something unique. I don't know.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
And the protagonist has a dragon ace monster. Again. Why not something unique. I don't know.

It seems like Yugi was the only one who had a unique ace (although I guess you could argue like Neos and Utopia it's humanoid in nature).

Akashin

It seems like Yugi was the only one who had a unique ace (although I guess you could argue like Neos and Utopia it's humanoid in nature).

Ehh, Neos and Stardust were both unique at their time. It wasn't until Utopia and Odd-Eyes (though the former is far more similar to Neos than the latter is to Stardust) came along that that changed. And while Dark Magician is unique as an ace, Spellcasters in general are at least decently prevalent as important monsters for the main characters, or at least with Yuma and Yuya.

Given that the first official art for the anime showed off Decode Talker instead of Firewall Dragon, I'm hopeful that it's either his real ace or at least a Junk Warrior level of importance.

Bananarama

The light is coming

I don't really mind if the protagonist has a dragon as ace. As long as there is something unique about it (like something new for the series) then I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I have to keep reminding myself that these characters undergo changes when dueling in the link space or whatever it's called.

Ehh, Neos and Stardust were both unique at their time. It wasn't until Utopia and Odd-Eyes (though the former is far more similar to Neos than the latter is to Stardust) came along that that changed. And while Dark Magician is unique as an ace, Spellcasters in general are at least decently prevalent as important monsters for the main characters, or at least with Yuma and Yuya.

Given that the first official art for the anime showed off Decode Talker instead of Firewall Dragon, I'm hopeful that it's either his real ace or at least a Junk Warrior level of importance.

Kinda wished that there were other aces though. Like knights/magicians/dragons are cool and all, but there are all sorts of creatures that one could for aces. 5DS made the aces of the Dark Signers (at least aces to me) very unique with the Earthbound Immortal thing going on.

Or even just machines. Machines are constantly depicted as powerful so would be unique as an ace while still being 'the ace'.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Dragons are popular, so it makes sense that Yusaku has a dragon card. On another note, I'm not too excited about the newly revealed characters cuz the male looks like Gong 2.0 and the girl probably won't duel often and will end up as a damsel in distress knowing how the various Yugioh anime handle females. ^^;