• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

NeoDude-5000

Didn't see that reveal coming. Maybe we know Bohman's and Haru's role in all of this in the next episode. Also SOL still not having any involvement is also making me even more suspicious.

I liked the new Synchro summoning animation (again good to have them back). Also Windy's near death was a bit gruesome, but I never trusted him anyway all of the chaos in his episodes gave me some red flags.

Also Windy's wasn't Blood Shepard's partner. He wasn't involved with the Lost Incident.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Didn't see that reveal coming. Maybe we know Bohman's and Haru's role in all of this in the next episode. Also SOL still not having any involvement is also making me even more suspicious.

I liked the new Synchro summoning animation (again good to have them back). Also Windy's near death was a bit gruesome, but I never trusted him anyway all of the chaos in his episodes gave me some red flags.

Also Windy's wasn't Blood Shepard's partner. He wasn't involved with the Lost Incident.

Yeah, we know how he became blood shepard and i think they implied that his incident was caused by windy, who also caused the accident with his partner's car. Plus he's way too old to be a child back then. You're right , he's not a victim of the lost incident. Still, Blood shepard is now totally justified in wanting to kill all AI.

NeoDude-5000

The war is just beginning that what I would sum up this episode and ending. At least we now know Bohman and Haru's true origins as A.I. entities I originally thought they were just like Jin captured and brainwashed into Lightning's service.

So in terms of factions we have:

Good Guys
Main heroes: Playmaker, Ai, Soulburner, Flame, Kolter (Kusanagi), and Aqua (possibly)
Zaizen's angels (just a good name): Ghost Gal and Blue Gal I guess

Bad Guys
Evil Ignis: Lightning, Windy, Bohman, and Haru

Anti-Heroes
Knights of Hanoi
SOL's Bounty Hunters: Gore, Blood Shepard and the other guys

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
The war is just beginning that what I would sum up this episode and ending. At least we now know Bohman and Haru's true origins as A.I. entities I originally thought they were just like Jin captured and brainwashed into Lightning's service.

So in terms of factions we have:

Good Guys
Main heroes: Playmaker, Ai, Soulburner, Flame, Kolter (Kusanagi), and Aqua (possibly)
Zaizen's angels (just a good name): Ghost Gal and Blue Gal I guess

Bad Guys
Evil Ignis: Lightning, Windy, Bohman, and Haru

Anti-Heroes
Knights of Hanoi
SOL's Bounty Hunters: Gore, Blood Shepard and the other guys

Earth might join good guys. The new ending showed that Aqua and Earth are together with Ai and Flame.
Knights of Hanoi are still anti-hero, so I'm sure they will become good guys and help Playmaker and co later.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I've really lost track of Vrains. Not because I didn't like it, but because I got so busy and with the next episode being like a recap, I kinda stopped watching and haven't picked back up since then. My last episode was like episode 29/30. Yeah, that long ago. I'm going to have to find some time to binge watch the entire series to get caught up again.

NeoDude-5000

Gore has officially gone full on Dark Zane mode and he has joined the Fusion club. Also who is going to find Aqua?

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I've really lost track of Vrains. Not because I didn't like it, but because I got so busy and with the next episode being like a recap, I kinda stopped watching and haven't picked back up since then. My last episode was like episode 29/30. Yeah, that long ago. I'm going to have to find some time to binge watch the entire series to get caught up again.

With the end of this episode, i fully recommend Vrains, it's on it's way to surpass 5Ds and it's going fast.

There's A LOT to talk about this episode and from the preview of the next. And i'm starting with the latter. From the moment when the AI-human partnership was told, i immediately thought Go and Aoi would be 2 of the victims of the incident. Go's chances were quickly dissipated when Specter turned out to be Earth's partner and i thought we would get a brand new character as Aqua's partner but nope, it's Aoi, as predictable as possible. Disappointed by this but hopefully Aoi will develop greatly.

And now the episode itself. First, the duel. Earth's skill is really good, straight up burn damage (with specific conditions, sure, but it's still at least free 500+ burn damage just because). But that's nothing compared with the meta ability of Go, where he not only negates the opponent's skill entirely, he gets a free pot of greed out of it. My god, that's the most meta thing they could come up with.

And lastly, the end of the episode. Now we got the level of emotion we had in the past series. This is what i was waiting for. Windy's damage was really bad but earth's dissection was horrible, we don't know what SOL will accomplish by simply erasing earth like that but even if he returns, the impact was there, and i really enjoyed it. We now have so many sides to this war and i'm excited to find out how it will all come together. As i said in the beginning, if Vrains continues like this, it will surpass 5Ds as my favorite.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
No, Skye is not a victim. Her childhood friend is, so she is in a coma.
Yeah, I can see Aqua being Skye's partner and helping stop Lighting.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Good, what i thought was gonna be a predictable twist is not in fact the case. I'm glad hey went with someone else instead of Aoi. Also blood shepard has a younger sister and that is ghost girl. Interesting.

NeoDude-5000

If the obvious happened it would not have made any sense and retconned Skye's backstory (and Akira's to an extent). So they did the right thing by making Aqua the partner of Skye's friend. Also this partnership is going to give Skye more motivation to protect Aqua from SOL (who will obviously turn out to be the real baddies eventually) and defeat Lightning to save Miyu. Things are going to get very interesting over the next few episodes.

But Emma and Blood Shepherd being siblings, never saw that coming. Actually are they more like step-siblings because of their last names being different, or maybe its due parents being divorced?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
The blood shepard arc continues. Judging for that preview of the next episode, i'll say he's either saved last minute or he's gonna die. Lightning certainly isn't gonna fall at the hands of him and so i foresee some commotion before another relocation by the bad guys.

Oh and blue maiden looks both way older than aoi's age and the better version of her avatar.

NeoDude-5000

Firewall Dragon is now a forbidden card in the TCG. That's going to annoy fans of the anime.

UPDATE: 11/12

Now its going to be banned in the OCG from January 1st.

R.I.P. Firewall Dragon (2017-2018)

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
How many a55pulls can the protagonist make? His skill has another effect that's so conveniently useful for such a specific situation as the one he was in. I've seen worse (zexal's ones were just the worst) but this one was still bad. Nothing i'm mad about, yugioh is known for stuff like this and i'm glad the only way Go was beaten was with sheer plot convenience. He had almost everything planned, even the fact that his anti skill would be countered. Anti-skill is the best thing a character can have in this setting and only something like the stupidly specific 2nd effect of another skill could benefit from it.

NeoDude-5000

Alright final battle time is here at last. I wonder what kind of deck Haru plays, and hopefully Blue Maiden doesn't suffer another first man dead in the battle situation because I really want her maiden duel (see what I did there) to end with her victorious. Also I liked Windy's new pirate look.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Did anyone even still watch the series? I know I'm not anymore lol. Too much bad decisions from NAS, I don't know about what the Japanese fans think, but would be nice if Vrains ends up becoming "late Arc-V" 2.0 in terms of rating lol

Maybe then NAS would finally try to change their ways after massive failure twice in a row.

(unfortunately I guess that won't happen, haha)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Did anyone even still watch the series? I know I'm not anymore lol. Too much bad decisions from NAS, I don't know about what the Japanese fans think, but would be nice if Vrains ends up becoming "late Arc-V" 2.0 in terms of rating lol

Maybe then NAS would finally try to change their ways after massive failure twice in a row.

I'm still watching and enjoying it with a grain of salt. That grain being cautiousness and lowered expectations when it comes to the conclusion of this arc and a future arc. I like how they're building up bohman as a strangely great perfect being that seem to have no opponents that can beat him, with an amazing duel right now where jin's consciousness may really be on the line (my shonen anime watching instincts tells me there's no danger and that yusaku wins this one but lightning seems the type that would actually do it as soon as kusanagi loses) and honestly, while kusanagi's backup plan seems to be the savior of this dramatic situation, i still feel the danger of the situation. Blood shepard is gone, specter is gone, Blue angel is gone (again, shonen anime watching instincts telling me she's fine and in the end of this arc everyone will be fine) but if they stick with this, it can set an amazing future arc where they develop characters that have the burden of loosing friends and family.

I'm not feeling Vrains like arc v 2.0 at all. There's still time for it (arc V's problem was rushing so there's still a chance) but i feel they have everything right to make an incredible arc where the villain is SOL (Queen's gonna be really evil), bringing back characters we've only heard talking to aizen and having some really sick evil plans, having access to the consciousness of anyone who enters vrains. They want to weaponize AIs and they have as many human subjects as they want. Just like arc-v's last arc's potential, they can do some cools stuff here.

NeoDude-5000

I was actually sort of worried this thread was dead after my last post. Any guesses on who Varis's opponent is going to be?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Wasn't Arc-V a huge hit until like the last quarter of the series?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I was actually sort of worried this thread was dead after my last post. Any guesses on who Varis's opponent is going to be?

It makes more sense if NAS will have Lightning pit Spectre against Revolver, but NAS is not known for making sense, so we'll see.

Wasn't Arc-V a huge hit until like the last quarter of the series?

Yes, I meant that happening now with Vrains instead of near the end of the series like Arc-V.

I'm still watching and enjoying it with a grain of salt. That grain being cautiousness and lowered expectations when it comes to the conclusion of this arc and a future arc. I like how they're building up bohman as a strangely great perfect being that seem to have no opponents that can beat him, with an amazing duel right now where jin's consciousness may really be on the line (my shonen anime watching instincts tells me there's no danger and that yusaku wins this one but lightning seems the type that would actually do it as soon as kusanagi loses) and honestly, while kusanagi's backup plan seems to be the savior of this dramatic situation, i still feel the danger of the situation. Blood shepard is gone, specter is gone, Blue angel is gone (again, shonen anime watching instincts telling me she's fine and in the end of this arc everyone will be fine) but if they stick with this, it can set an amazing future arc where they develop characters that have the burden of loosing friends and family.

IMO, NAS could have went with Bohman defeating Revolver instead of Aoi, and set up an awesome 3 vs 1 duel featuring three Ignis-partnered duelist vs Lightning.

Aoi losing is basically proving Windy was right all along, which is stupid, and a big reason why I kinda stopped watching.

Also, the Kusanagi vs Playmaker duel might gonna be used to reveal Playmaker's identity to GG and Akira, but it would have been better if it was done BEFORE Aoi losing, and not after. If you want a big reveal to all characters, actually do it to all characters.

Also, while I don't really watch anymore, I still try to check out one or two of the snippets in youtube, and apparently there's an implication that Bohman doesn't like Lightning, so there's a possibility of rebelling. Only saving grace in this arc for me would be if NAS made Aoi gets an undeserved lost for the third time in the entire series so Bohman can use Aoi and Aqua to save both Jin and Kusanagi. Maybe Aoi and Aqua are even watching the Kusanagi vs Playmaker duel from inside Bohman?