• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

NeoDude-5000

V-Jump time everyone (YAY!)

Rising Rampage news:
The cover card is a new Xyz Monster used by Varis called Borreload xCharge Dragon (I don't if its meant to be read as cross-charge or x-charge). The Marincesses are here too.
Cover card: https://ygorganization.com/youreaprettybiggun/
Marincesses: https://ygorganization.com/drownoffthiswave/

New Starter Deck cards: (by the way Extended Decode Talker is awesome)
https://ygorganization.com/thisfeelslikeacaptainplanetepisode/

Collector's Pack 19:
Shinji's Battlewasps are finally here (good news for Synchro lovers like me), Vision HERO Increase is now a real card, and... Fortune Fairies really?
Battlewasps: https://ygorganization.com/introductiontoseizingtheduelmeansofproduction/
Vision HERO Increase: https://ygorganization.com/awhiteknighthero/
Forutne Lady whatever the light one is called: https://ygorganization.com/yourluckynumberis1/

Nodqfan

Yesterday's episode was really good, with the duel between Kusanagi and Playmaker ending in a tragic way and Kusanagi dying, can't wait to see how Playmaker will move forward after this.

Also since the post above mine is about the card game shouldn't this thread be turned into a general Yu-Gi-Oh one?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yesterday's episode was really good, with the duel between Kusanagi and Playmaker ending in a tragic way and Kusanagi dying, can't wait to see how Playmaker will move forward after this.

Also since the post above mine is about the card game shouldn't this thread be turned into a general Yu-Gi-Oh one?
No, because many of them are archetypes that debuted in the anime and are just now getting cards.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Why is this series so awful? Judging by the lack of enthusiasm and few updates here recently, I'm prolly not alone in thinking that VRAINS sucks. The fact that the next duel is a three or four parter involving Yusaku and Bohman just makes me wanna cry.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Collector's Pack 19:
Shinji's Battlewasps are finally here (good news for Synchro lovers like me), Vision HERO Increase is now a real card, and... Fortune Fairies really?
All of the remaining animé-only Fortune Fairies and manga-only Vision HERO cards have now been confirmed to be in Collector's Pack 2019. Now we wait for the remaining T.G. and Battlewasps.

Edit: Correction, Vision HEROes still lack manga-only Trap cards Illusion and Hallucination, though Illusion's effect has been added to real-life version of Apparition.
Edit 2: Apparently the Duel Monsters representative is going to be Gansley. Such a shame, I was expecting remaining cards of Sartorius.
Edit 3(10.05.2019): https://ygorganization.com/blessedarethebees/ The only Battlewasp card that remains animé-only is the Trap card Bee Formation. There is no more room for it, so we should wait for it to be put in another set. Gansley is also not the only DM representative, as Leon's Gingerbread House is also here.
Edit 4(17.05.2019): All cards in the Collector's Pack have been revealed. Bruno is still missing two traps like others, and only one of Gansley's cards have been printed so far because Leon's generic Spells took the other slots, but main 100 Numbers are now all revealed. Next year's Collector Pack will likely start bringing in the animé-only Numbers.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Why is this series so awful? Judging by the lack of enthusiasm and few updates here recently, I'm prolly not alone in thinking that VRAINS sucks. The fact that the next duel is a three or four parter involving Yusaku and Bohman just makes me wanna cry.

Idk, i like the concept, i like the developments but this is just too much episodes of nothing going on, unfortunately. I guess it's like the opposite of arv-V's last arcs, where here it seems like nothing relevant is happening and there seems to be no consequences, despite the character's "deaths" (which i would be shocked if they actually stayed dead).

The first "season" was a lot of nothing, decent world building but way to much of it with the main story taking way too much time to start. And reaching the point where we are now, there seems to be way too many questions brought up and most of them left just there. I'm referring, of course, to SOL and the hints at them being the last evil guys (which is still a possibility, the series ain't over yet), now coming out of the latest episode as just a 3dr party that takes action after the main conflict (kogami vs lightning) instead of being the instigator. What's the point of the chess pieces in the beginning? What's the point of queen? fused GO? there's no reason for SOL to be in this story even. They did some evil stuff when dissecting earth and all but they lack threat.

Now lightning, after this duel, deserves to get his commupins. The reveal that he was the one responsible not only for the poisoning of kogami leading to guiding revolver into revenge against SOL but also for torturing jin, leaving him as the broken shell of a human being he is right now, that is good, this is vector levels of evil bastard and this is something that needed to be given to the audience some time ago. The destruction of his own world as well as the manipulation of his own kind is despicable and intolerable but that still led us into thinking the original reason for playmaker to be here is not this, he's helping AI and after that he was going to return to his original mission of saving jin. But that reveal finally brings tension to the conflict. And the preview for the next episode finally brings the threat i thought was the last thing playmaker would have to face, after saving jin, being the last arc of the show where the lives of everyone in vrains were threatened because SOL, the real bad guys, were going to use the minds of every one in vrains to achieve some kind of sick plan, repeating the levels of evil that the professor was able to achieve in arvc-v.

But overall, what's lacking in Vrains is not twists, intensity, good duels with legit strats, none of that. I can't quite see what's the cause but while it has been 98 episode, i feel like only 50 episodes of plot have occurred. Overarching plots on anime don't tend to be this long and we've had the same enemies for along time, most of them ultimately inconsequential. They went from nothing happening to everything happening at once and we now have deaths that don't feel like deaths, character moments that last for 2 episodes at the most, only then showing some good character development (for example, soulburner and now, the true disgusting evil of lightning) and then they just disappear, without them having a chance to move past these developments because soon after, they are dead. Ghost girl, blood sheperd and their family's business was brought up, well developed (IMO) and then nothing, they're dead, end of story.

And to end this wall of text, bohman. He may be interesting in concept but there's nothing to dislike about bohman. He likes to duel fair (as fair as virtual dice rolls go), he doesn't approve of lightning's methods but i think we don't know what he really wants, what is his end goal and what will he do to achieve it (and the next episode's preview may be good character development for bohman, fixing this). AS far as i know currently, there's no reason to fight bohman, he might tell AI that when they all join, he'll try to make peace with the humans, who knows? Because i don't remember bohman advocating for the enslavement of humanity, i think that was lighning's plan, i could be wrong but i don't think bohman is evil at this point.

Do you think the series sucks? And i extend the question to anyon who's still posting here, i would like to hear your thoughts.

NeoDude-5000

If I had to rank Lightning in the top 10 most despicable villains in Yu-Gi-Oh! he would be in the top 3 somewhere. Also I got this bad feeling that when Lightning "gave everything" to Bohman he's going to end up possessing him or something during the next duel like how Windy killed (or deleted rather) Flame after being absorbed by him.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
My issue with Bohman is his blandness and his deck. If he wasn't so boring he'd make a decent antagonist, but at this point even Lightning is a better villain. It doesn't help that Bohman has dueled like half a dozen times. The only season 2 duelist who I hated more is Blood Sheppard and his generic drone deck.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It's good that Vrains won't end with this season. If so, this would have been so underwhelming. I guess SOL will finally be the bad guys.

On the latest episode, looks like bohman is just lacking any empathy (why would he have it, he's been create by an AI) and thusly, his villainy seems a little more abstract or detached from his character. He takes no pleasure in this, he doesn't feel guilty but it's something he needs to carry his plan because it's what he believes in. He developed no personality, he has no interests other than the one lightning inserted into him and therefore, he's not compelling and there's nothing that makes me feel anything towards him. He used people's brains to do that extra computing needed to create whatever he needs to, basically killing them ffs, why didn't i feel like bohman should be punished for it? I felt the suffering of the victims but i didn't think bohman was worse than he is from it. Weird, right? idk, i wish lightning just betrays bohman from the inside but since he basically begged to be absorbed by bohman (i hope that was a ruse) that could not happen. Overall, either just wrap bohman fast and move on or have lightning betray bohman and make it interesting.

NeoDude-5000

Man Firewall Dragon Darkfluid gave me Shooting Quasar Dragon/Converging Wishes powered Stardust Dragon vibes during the closing moments of the duel (I want it!). Anyway season two was great and I wonder what season 3 will bring. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment like ARC-V's final season.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The sex jokes between Ai and Roboppy suddenly got really weird.

*Despite the new episode preview showing Ai defeating Queen, the final scene of the battle between Ai and Playmaker in the opening shows a clearly feminine figure, which is probably Queen's avatar, so she is going to be somewhat relevant I guess?
*The final plot seems to be giving android bodies for AI, which I guess is somewhat obvious. Since it seems Ai is going to take over SOL, I guess his plan is find a way to revive the Ignis. Revolver was right all along I guess.
*Go is going back to Goukis, Blood Shephard still has Drones, and Emma has a new Altergeist.
*Roboppy's design seems to be inspired by Sora's, but her deck is more inspired by Lillybot's, which I guess makes sense since she is her VRAINS counterpart(also she is crossdressing as a waiter in the next episode, what an absolute mad lady).
*I would say it seems characters need to become robots to get proper romantic relationships, but Aoi and Yusaku are shown together in most real-life scenes in OP, so I guess they are going to develop their relationship.
*Since Miyu is alive, and Spectre is not going to appear in VR a lot, I guess we are going to get all of the Lost Children together. Which means,
*Since opening shows Aoi and Akira dueling together, and Tindangles are DARK Fiend as opposed to Trickstars' LIGHT Fairy, I guess Aoi is going back to Trickstars, with Miyu getting Marincess "back".
*There isn't much main sets remaining for Ai's dark Cyberse monsters or Blood Shepherd's Drones, so if we don't get structure decks featuring them, we will have to wait for future Collector's Packs.
Edit(28.05.2019): Looking at the episode previews, seems like the android in the opening is Revolver's AI, Pandor, which, if that's the case, is going to be our true final boss. This would also explain why Ai is going to duel Playmaker earlier, since this series' ceremonial duel is looking to be Revolver vs. Playmaker.

Last edited:

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Roboppy is more annoying now than when she was a robot. I like Ai's new form though and I'm glad that he kept part of his original personality and doesn't just act like a typical bland villain. His duel against Queen was kinda bleh though. I didn't like how Queen's first turn was mostly skipped and she just had all those Allure Queen cards on the field already, but I'm glad that we saw some old cards again.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Apparently Roboppy uses the "oeria", which is technically gender neutral, but is supposed to be used by young boys, particularly those that are from a country background(in animé-land, this means comedic relief).

So she is a dude now.

NeoDude-5000

Alright I'm guessing the SOL are the actual baddies speculation is now debunked. I actually liked Ai's deck, to me it looks like a evil version of Playmaker's deck similar to how The Supreme King's Evil HERO deck is to Jaden's deck. You could put Z-ARC's deck and Yuya's deck in comparison as well

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Ai's deck reminds me of Reiji's D/D/D deck, which is a good thing since I liked Reiji. I'll be kinda bummed out if it turns out that SOL aren't the main villains of this arc. I was counting on them being more active ever since they were introduced, but now it's looking like bishi Ai will be the antagonist. :/

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Even if the previous arc had the obligatory "surprise! Everyone who you thought were dead are revived" moment, the AIs are still gone so there's consequence to lightning's scheme are not null.

Roboppi's character is getting annoying fast, i'm already sick and tired of her shtick. I'm also surprised and was very disappointed queen was defeated just like that. But i guess that character in the OP is indeed queen, maybe an android version with her consciousness and possibly the final villain of the arc. I'm liking Ai and his reiji style deck where he summons every type of extra deck monster and i'm excited to see where they can go with the android revolution plot (which i assume it's where it is going) and hopefully there's not one of those moments i mention before. It happened in every previous anime and it's always disappointing when it happens.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm curious about that android chick in the Opening too. If I was optimistic, I'd say that she might be the final villain of the series since VRAINS is likely ending next year, but this is a shonen anime, so the odds that we'd get a main female villain are slim.