• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm curious about that android chick in the Opening too. If I was optimistic, I'd say that she might be the final villain of the series since VRAINS is likely ending next year, but this is a shonen anime, so the odds that we'd get a main female villain are slim.
Does Yubel count? I know it's from way back in GX, but Yubel was the main villain for a season so there is precedent.

TheWanderingMist

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yubel's gender remains a controversial topic, but in the original dub their gender was largely a plot device for enhancing Jaden and Jesse's relationship in S3 and S4, which was of course way more flamboyant in the original.

As for Pandor, as long as Ai remains the final battle like Nasch she would be fine as the true final boss like Don Thousand/Z-ARC/Nightshroud/Zorc etc..

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Oh I just know that we'll see some kind of fusion of Yusaku and Ai during the final duel, like Yuma and Astral's Zexal mode. It just seems so inevitable now and would be symbolic too.

NeoDude-5000

Finally the Zaizen's know Playmaker's secret identity! (maybe Soulburner's too) I actually liked the gathering of the major characters and the scene with Yusaku and Skye was cute (normally I don't ship but still I liked the scene). Also when was the last time we saw the Kings of SOL?

I wonder how things are going to play out in the next few episodes because it feels like the end of a season, even though we're 3 episodes in.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Wow Aoi took Yusaku's secret pretty well. The whole scene was cute and all, I just expected a more surprised reaction from her and Zaizen. Well whatever. I'm liking how quickly things have escalated, but I'm worried about the fact that Ai and Roboppi are so outnumbered. It means that a bunch of the characters will probably be fodderized off screen quickly so that only a few will remain to have serious duels with Ai and Roboppi.

Last edited:
Oh man looks like two Knights of Hanoi already lost offscreen so it looks like Blood Sheppard and Emma will lose next. That leaves only a few characters left so at least this arc is starting off fast.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
LAAAAAME. Losing a duel no longer feels like a big deal, i'm sure ghost girl and blood shepard will return safe and sound when the arc ends... sigh...this is so boring, a least in arc-v, when the academia invaded, the losers were turned into cards, their souls trapped to be used as fuel for the professor's evil plans. Now, when it happens again so quickly, it loses all the weight it could have. specter and the knights of hanoi are returning, Go will lose but who cares, he's also returning, at this point i don't care at all what happens to SOL or akira, AI can accomplish his goal or be stopped right in the next episode, i couldn't care less.

Roboppi's deck is OP and the 2 on 1 duel was only beneficial to roboppi because the board and LP are shared, meaning 1 of the pair can only make their plays every 4 turns. The mysterious female figure in the opening is already revealed, the brand new character is given a very unfair advantage and AI's just cutting through opponents like a 1000º knife cuts through butter. This arc is starting really badly. The only redeeming factor is Go has his gouki deck back, which i'm a fan of. I can't believe i'm saying this but i much rather watch 5d's xyz heartland arc than this.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

LAAAAAME. Losing a duel no longer feels like a big deal, i'm sure ghost girl and blood shepard will return safe and sound when the arc ends... sigh...this is so boring, a least in 5ds, when the academia invaded, the losers were turned into cards, their souls trapped to be used as fuel for the professor's evil plans. Now, when it happens again so quickly, it loses all the weight it could have. specter and the knights of hanoi are returning, Go will lose but who cares, he's also returning, at this point i don't care at all what happens to SOL or akira, AI can accomplish his goal or be stopped right in the next episode, i couldn't care less.

Roboppi's deck is OP and the 2 on 1 duel was only beneficial to roboppi because the board and LP are shared, meaning 1 of the pair can only make their plays every 4 turns. The mysterious female figure in the opening is already revealed, the brand new character is given a very unfair advantage and AI's just cutting through opponents like a 1000º knife cuts through butter. This arc is starting really badly. THe only redeeming factor is Go has his gouki deck back, which i'm a fan of. I can't believe i'm saying this but i much rather watch 5d's xyz heartland arc than this.
Think you got 5DS confused with Arc-V. People just die in 5DS, no turning into cards shenanigans.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I didn't think that Spectre would lose off screen like that. I was totally expecting Emma and Blood Shepherd to lose though and since they'll be revived again somehow, their 'deaths' had no impact. I really hated how Roboppi won despite her rawness at the game. It happened because of plot sure, but it still stings.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I didn't think that Spectre would lose off screen like that. I was totally expecting Emma and Blood Shepherd to lose though and since they'll be revived again somehow, their 'deaths' had no impact. I really hated how Roboppi won despite her rawness at the game. It happened because of plot sure, but it still stings.

And his cards are so plot convenient it hurts. It's not that this didn't happened before but with roboppi, it really felt forced.

Think you got 5DS confused with Arc-V. People just die in 5DS, no turning into cards shenanigans.

Yes, i meant arc-v and was sure i was typing arc-V XD.

TheWanderingMist

Even then you just get redeemed instead.
Yeah, Zorc sure got redeemed. Not obliterated from existence by holy magical light.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
No new episode this week?