• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Now that's the deck i want to see. I love the gouki archetype and it's strategy is pretty good. But Go, to me, seems to have suffered zero character growth and reversed back the one from the beginning. I thought this episode was gonna explore how he was influenced by the AI implanted in him but nothing, just "i'm doing it for the kids" again. Really gotta lower my expectations with intertwined arcs.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Is it just me or does AI never sounds serious, even when (and i think that's what we got this week) he was supposed to have an emotional moment when he tells everyone about how every other member of his kind is dead? I don't know if it's his VA or the impression he left as always being a prankster but that moment i felt very little towards AI, even though it's really serious stuff. He can crash the plane at any moment (even though i think his principles would prevent him from doing so) and his motivation provides such an amazing conflict with the humans but i had to think to myself in that scene: "wow, if his delivery of the scene were better, i would have empathized with his feelings, i mean, his entire family was lost, that crushing solitude must have been horrible, of course he wants payback". But it can still be my impression of it never be possible that AI would turn into a villain. He's not going to use dirty tactics (in the context of yugioh) and he's not going to kill anyone (hell, i think queen is still coming back to become the villain for the next arc), so it makes me feel like he's not that big of a threat. He's dueling yusaku, they have a bonding duel and AI's back (that would e so lame) and in comes the next arc where they have a motive to take down SOL, where the AIs are reborn and we're getting Jin and Miyu for the revival of the lost jiken 6. All this to say, AI is kinda being a slow and soft killer of the arc. There's stakes, yes, but i think AI's VA is not bringing the resentment in his voice and that's very detrimental to this storline.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://ygorganization.com/splishsplashinthereef/
The new ace monster is another Marincess, Marincess Great Bubble Reef. It is most likely another 2800 ATK, Link 4.

Edit: And yes, this is supposed to look like Miyu, just like how Bella Madonna looks like Blue Angel.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/08/06/vrains-eps-114-115-spoilers-part-ii/
We have summaries for EP114 and 115.

114 will continue Roboppy vs. Revolver. 115 will be Soulburner vs. Revolver. Finally.

Edit(August 8, 2019):
https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/vrains-eps-114-117-spoilers/
Episode 116 is continuation of Revolver vs. Soulburner, and it seems Soulburner is gonna win.
Episode 117 is Yusaku vs. Ai. The summary says it will be their final battle, but we know this won't be the case, as Ai is getting merch for November.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
WOW! This is the first genuine emotional moment of Vrains. I thought there was a rogue AI hidden at first but she just couldn't take AI's programming. But her breakdown and her last moment brought a tear to my eye. This is the last character i thought i was gonna care for but they pulled it. When yugioh gets emotion right it hits like a truck. Since i didn't watch GX in order and all the way through, i can't say anything about it but ever since 5ds and surprisingly a lot in zexal, there are some occasions where they can pull off something like this. Zexal was a case of build up but vrains did it with a single episode. I was very surprised and pleased.

Last edited:

Gengarish

WOW! This is the first genuine emotional moment of Vrains. I thought there was a rogue AI hidden at first but she just couldn't take AI's programming. But her breakdown and her last moment brought a tear to my eye. This is the last character i thought i was gonna care for but they pulled it. When yugioh gets emotion right it hits like a truck. Since i didn't watch GX in order and all the way through, i can't say anything about it but ever since 5ds and surprisingly a lot in zexal, there are some occasions where they can pull off something like this. Zexal was a case of build up but vrains did it with a single episode. I was very surprised and pleased.

Parts of GX are better than 5D's and Zexal, so you missed out on alot.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Parts of GX are better than 5D's and Zexal, so you missed out on alot.

Plus i've only seen the dub so that's even worse. What i remember GX for is the beginning and it's too silly, especially with the dub. I'll consider going back to it and watching it as it was originally intended. I risked it with zexal and it was so worth it so i'll give it a try some day.

Revolver Furious Dragon

That last episode was just wow. Ive never been fond of roboppy but that ending was fantastic. Probably one of my favourite moment's in vrains. Pleased soul burner got a win so now my boy Revolver can take the victory

Revolver Furious Dragon

What did you guys think to today's episode? It was nice to see my two favourites go at it, although I'm expecting and wanting Revolver to get the win. He deserves it more since soul burner just got the big win against roboppy

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Lunalah

Varis is obviously going to win. The rival always beats the "best friend" character

Revolver lost.

And thank god VRAINS will end next month. It was the only reasonable decision since this 'season' didn't have much going for it anyway and the rest of the series has been **** too. The writers had better put in extra effort to make YGO7 great because I can't stand the mediocrity of the past three YGO anime.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Revolver lost.

And thank god VRAINS will end next month. It was the only reasonable decision since this 'season' didn't have much going for it anyway and the rest of the series has been **** too. The writers had better put in extra effort to make YGO7 great because I can't stand the mediocrity of the past three YGO anime.

First of all, sorry for the long post.

Right on the money. There's been a good arc in zexal season II (except for the final bad guy coming out of nowhere), where although maybe not intended from the start, things do connect and there's a sense of progression, overall the show was mediocre. arc V started to get a little bit interesting with the other dimensions but just stumbled all they way after the synchro arc (which i like personally but can see that's not all that great) and in vrains, it's so noticeable that there's a lot of internal problems (the fact that there were not 1, not 2 but 3 apologies for filler episodes is a huge red flag), that it hurts.

But most importantly, the lack of any lasting setup and resolution for the majority of these 3 series is really starting to wear me out. Not counting that honestly fantastic final zexal arc (even with the terrible "true" final villain) where the previous story arc built the villains with those goofy GX season 1 episodes and all progresses amazingly until the climax with vector, everything else feels disconnected or specifically in the case of arc-v, artificially connected. Arc-v's synchro arc showed me that these different dimension focused arcs, if given just enough "glue" to each other, can work and give us a different kind of story for each. And they progressed well enough from "fighting the elite that know nothing of the struggle of the poor from their ivory tower" (yeah, i know, the final message was not that well delivered but it built it up quite nicely) to "struggle against the invaders" but it's here in the XYZ arc that things go wrong so fast. It's premise is awesome, but the execution turned out to be horrible and then they end up in the fusion dimension and there's no theme for it. I guess you could say it's a "overthrow the evil king who wants to rule the dimensions" but in the end, zarc appears and is defeated so fast while the professor, who was built almost from the start of the series, just gets immediate redemption and just don't get his proper commupins.

And now, Vrains is what we're seeing, there's an incident, more than half of the children involved are not even actively involved in the plot (RIP Jin, i feel they had other plans for him) and any potential villain that was teased is even remotely relevant (queen could also have been so much more). In the previous arc we get awesomea potential preview of a possible villain (Go merged with an AI) and that idea goes nowhere. I thought for a brief moment that roboppi could have been tampered with in link vrains by a lurking new evil virus but it was just AI's programming being too much. The other chess pieces are nothing but normie investors (that probably don't even play childern's card games ) but they could have been a good candidate for villains too (they could have taken a page out of GX with chazz's brothers and their bought up decks). And revolver's created Ai is "touched" by AI's words but that too seems like it's an abandoned villain possibility. In the end we have a revenge fueled AI that feels like he never even started to learn to cooperate with humans since it was never shown 1 proper establishing scene of AI struggling with his decision to abandon playmaker, therefore his heel turn gave me whiplash, contradicting what the entire series showed us so far that AI was growing with playmaker and they were becoming true partners. So far, well deep into this arc no satisfying character development for AI was given and with only 1 poor henchman that's completely loyal to the main villain, nothing on the bag guy's side becomes remotely interesting. So, to recap, AI went from a mischievous Ai that became a prisoner to playmaker and both slowly grew as partners to cardboard cutout nihilist that after witnessing a tragedy that great, instead of understanding it was lightning's fault that 4/5 of his allies were killed and the humans who supported them would gladly fight alongside him for a coexistence with each other, he puts the entire good guys cast on the same level as revolver and considers all humans as hostile, thus creating this huge disconnect i have with him.

And the next week's episode is the final duel's start, or so it seems, making me ask: what was the point of the past 2 episodes and revolver confronting soulburner when his character arc was resolved when he overcame his fear with the help of flame? What happens to the brain dead good guys cast? Are they magically revived like in every other series? And if so, why can't the AI be magically revived as well? And more importantly, is this ending going to suck even more than arc-v's? Because it really looks like it.