• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
making me ask: what was the point of the past 2 episodes and revolver confronting soulburner when his character arc was resolved when he overcame his fear with the help of flame?
This was about the Lost Incident and the loss of Flame, which is different from Soulburner's conflict with Blood Shepherd. In the case of Revolver, he just wanted to test Soulburner to ensure if his and Yusaku's path was correct, ie. he gives up on chasing Ai on his own, leaving the battle to Yusaku.

What happens to the brain dead good guys cast? Are they magically revived like in every other series?

Of course. Vast majority of VRAINS era cards have not been printed yet, so we need them to be alive to justify printing Drones, Sunavalons, Gouki/Dinowrestler support etc.

And if so, why can't the AI be magically revived as well?
Maybe they will, but the show has been on the "AI and humanity cannot coexist" route since Season 1.

And more importantly, is this ending going to suck even more than arc-v's? Because it really looks like it.
Pretty much, ARC-V's ending had issues because they had no idea how to wrap the storyline after Z-ARC was defeated, in this case the Season will be cut at one thirds of the natural time frame for other seasons. Even GX's Season 4 will be 6 episodes longer than VRAINS Season 3.

NeoDude-5000

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... No comment about what I said last week

Lunalah

By the way do we know who will be the main writer for YGO7 yet? I hope it's whoever was in charge of writing 5D's.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
By the way do we know who will be the main writer for YGO7 yet? I hope it's whoever was in charge of writing 5D's.
It is still Shin Yoshida, apparently.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Maybe they will, but the show has been on the "AI and humanity cannot coexist" route since Season 1.

This would be the most surprising route yugioh would take. Past seasons always end up in everyone living happy ever after with the classic wrap up duel so a conclusion like that would be very interesting, despite the very short amount of time they can explore it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wonder what the new card type will be that replaces Links as the hot new mechanic.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Wonder what the new card type will be that replaces Links as the hot new mechanic.

Whatever it is, it's gonna break the game, power creeping it to infinity and beyond.

TheWanderingMist

Whatever it is, it's gonna break the game, power creeping it to infinity and beyond.
Fortress Monsters. They only have Defense points and can't be put into attack position.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
There was a similar idea in YGO Reddit, but their gimmick was that instead of sending materials to GY from field, you had to banish them from GY.

Most likely the new summoning method will activate from hand like Fusions and Rituals. Most of the recent cards have been activating from hand like Hop-Eared Flying Squad. Alternatively instead of using generic monsters like Links, they will use generic cards, ie. certain cards will require a specific amount of Monsters, Spells or Traps to be used as material instead of just Monsters (Like Monster A requires 3 non-specific cards, Monster B requires a Monster and a Spell etc.). The new mechanic must be easier than previous methods, and don't do something actually unique like Pendulums to keep the continuity of the mechanics to avoid themselves from potentially breaking the game again.

Bigger question is what will be the new zones, since both Links and Pendulums introduced a new zone. Most logical answer would another set of Extra Monster Zones, which would nerf Links without massively buffing older summoning methods or a new zone in opposite side of the Field Spell Zone, which would only work if the new summoning method is Deck Masters essentially.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I thought of something basically combining deck masters and skills.

You have a monster with 2 effect boxes similar to pendulums. A monster effect and a master effect.

Tbe monster starts the Duel in the master zone but can be shifted onto the field at any time but can't be placed back into the master zone. It being destroyed doesn't lose you the Duel.

So you have to consider what's more important. Do you leave it in the zone to get your effect or move it to get more damage on board or block an enemies attack

NeoDude-5000

Hopefully no new zones. Everything was fine until Pendulum's added the Pendulum zone (screw you Z-ARC) and then Link monsters came in to do some damage control. I do think the current layout is fine but too many changes to the formula can put some people off.

TheWanderingMist

Clearly MR5 or 6 or whatever will be 2000 LP, no direct attacks, can can set all monsters face-down in the Spell/Trap zone, losing means you are trapped in the Shadow Realm.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Clearly MR5 or 6 or whatever will be 2000 LP, no direct attacks, can can set all monsters face-down in the Spell/Trap zone, losing means you are trapped in the Shadow Realm.

You forgot you can only draw if you stand on one leg and sing the French national anthem

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
https://ygorganization.com/ocg-eternity-code-announced/

January 2020 set is Eternity Code, which will continue with remaining VRAINS cards. Much like previous Series, new summoning method won't appear until the 2020 Starter Deck in March.

Edit(11.09.2019):
Ai' new boss monster is a Link-6 and his new DARK Ignister is a Link-1. Seems we are getting a Link-7 vs. Link-8 for the final battle.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Hahaha, those are some series' final battle tier boss monsters alright. Just like the 5d's crimson dragon that came out, requiring all the synchro dragons, it's summoning condition is a little ridiculous but it's a little easier to fulfill.

And next episode, they will try to cram as much investment fodder as they can in these few last episodes. What was shown in the preview indicates something that should have been fully explored to give the full effect but it will be another zarc, maybe even worse because it will be happening in fewer episodes. Sigh, there they go again with spoiled potential...

NeoDude-5000

I doubt we'll get a Link 8. A Link 7 is likely given Ai's current field of monsters, and we probably will see Firewall Dragon Darkfluid get some screen time and maybe evolve even further.

Also would it be cool if we had a Link 6 Code Talker monster, a counterpart to Arrival Cyberse in other words?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Why do we have to get good yugioh story crammed in a single flashback? I know it's card games the anime but come on! Ai's little flashback and explanation and cut-scene was very good, it was emotional, it explains his complete 180 turn of his internal compass and finally i feel something or him. But this needed to have happened more during the series and not all at once. I guess it's like a champagne bottle, it hides all it's pressure underneath the screw, looking like any liquids bottle but when it's opened it shoots the screw with tremendous force, just like Ai's motivations working against him because we got nothing on his sudden turn. And all the sudden, everything is out, we get really surprised and the pop is very effective. But the build-up wasn't worth the watch. Anytime Ai was on screen i knew he was either doing something goofy or completely obliterating his opponents and not even knowing why he was like this made me uninterested in whatever he wanted to do.

Don't get me wrong, the anime is improving each series with the amazing quality of their duels but when it comes to pacing the story and feeding us at least little bits of information here and there, it's just rally dry, Ai is a bad guy now for some reason, who knows, but palymaker and friends must stop him. When Ai was a good guy, i liked him, his personality was great and his emocional moments hit. The bad guys were not known and therefore there wasn't any preconceptions of how they were supposed to be. All of them brought something unique and their personalities stayed consistent through their arcs. i liked seeing blood shepard's deceit with his AI, Onizuka's obsession leading to implanting an AI in him, specter's mad dialogue once he's into it, windy's cockiness and scumbagery, the cold unfeeling horror of SOL while they dissected earth and the cunning and manipulative lightning who would betray everyone to accomplish his goals. Bohman was sadly a nothing villain that had that relationship with his previous version but his smaller big brother is the one i liked the most because, again, there was something to him.

But after bohman is defeated, we get a villain that just turned to the evil side because. We don't need to be given an explanation why, just accept it. And 1 by 1 he steamrolls everything in his path, the previously formidable opponents become absolute jokes that are offed offscreen and there's only 1 who can stand in his path, the MC. But honestly, with only 1 sidekick (that also just destroyed everyone until she just couldn't handle Ai's programming) i guess i couldn't expect much more.

I get it, Ai being a goof is supposed to make those moments sadder, he's just hiding everything inside. But now that scene where he beats blue angel and her brother, making her survive so that she could feel as he feels, it' effect is absolutely neutered. That was the only emotionally effective scene from the 2º arc until then and now it just doesn't make sense. Was he just trying to provoke playmaker more? But i thought he was already doing that by being very arrogant and taking serious things not seriously. Why did he need to act serious then?

I know, over-analyzing things only leads to less enjoyment of an obvious card promotion show but it's things like some GX moments that i still remember being awesome like camulla's shocking (for us) win against zane, his turn to the dark side (and probably some more incredible parts that i haven't watched yet), 5d's black rose witch arc which is tangibly related to carly's confrontation before turning into the dark signer, her emotional duel with jack, yusei and kiryu's story and just the dark signer arc in general, the last arc of 5d's, the barian arcs of zexal and for me personally Four's story and interactions throughout the series and even in Arc V with the satisfying synchro arc that makes me expect more of this series's stories. I enjoyed some moments of vrains greatly but just like past synchro arc Arc V, vrains left little impact on me.