• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

J. D. Guy

wait the Vrains dub is good? Pretty surprised considering the Yugioh dubs' usual.................reputation (even though the GX dub is a work of art that transcends past things like series rankings)
Feels like it's going into general dub-hate territory, which I've never been a fan of.

That said, I do know a few elsewhere who have given it chance and absolutely love it, especially as it goes on. But the culture of dub hate might not like it in general.

Basically, you'd have to watch it yourself. (It's up to 108 of 120, though it's looking a bit iffy as to when that last 12 will see the light of day.)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Feels like it's going into general dub-hate territory, which I've never been a fan of.

That said, I do know a few elsewhere who have given it chance and absolutely love it, especially as it goes on. But the culture of dub hate might not like it in general.

Basically, you'd have to watch it yourself. (It's up to 108 of 120, though it's looking a bit iffy as to when that last 12 will see the light of day.)
I've been getting more open to dubs nowadays, it's just the yugioh ones (and to a lesser extent pokemon's english dub)that I'm more apprehensive about, GX aside as I actually love how it's practically a gag dub

jaden767

Amphetamine
As someone who loves ARC-V cover to cover (and who is also annoyed and resentful of the hatred it gets) and as someone who thought VRAINS was alright (the English Dub has really helped me to appreciate considerably more than I had prior), I am absolutely enjoying the ride that is Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS.
It's hard for me to believe that the dub of VRAINs is any good no offence. The series was already bad even subbed and the thought of English voices mixed in with that horrible series making it any better doesn't compute in my head lol.

But anything's better than SEVENs. Even the guys over at NeoArkCradle barely tune in to that show and most of the SEVENs episode topics only get like 2 or 3 responses these days.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's news:
Yuga's new Maximum Monster is... his old monster but in Vehicle Mode.

Artwork for Maximum Ultra Evolution Pack only features Yuga.

More Spell/Trap reprints for Cyber Style's Successor and a new Cyberdark Trap that allows them to equip any Dragon or Machine has been revealed.
(Set itself is going to be released next week.)

Previous news:
Mega House has been running a poll for next Monster Card figurine, features a bunch of promoninent monsters.
Previous Fusion related reprints for Cyber Style.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's V Jump reveals:
Harpie's Pet Dragon retrain's effects have been announced.
Classic monster retrains have been revealed as well (Giltia's retrain is a regular Effect Monster, not a Fusion).
Next Deck Build Pack is called Grand Creators, which is coming on August 28th, 2021.

More to come for following days obviously, including remaining Animation Chronicle cards and cover arfchetype of Burst of Destiny.

Previous reveals:
Maximum Ultra Evolution Pack features cards from Hunt and Kan's decks, and a Legend version of Tribute to The Doomed.
Two more reprints for Cyber Style have been revealed, including Infinite Impermanence.

Edit 2:
Next opening song for Sevens will begin from June 20th. It is unclear if SEVENS still retains the seasonal structure, but if it does, this should be the start of the next one.

Edit 3:
In Day 2, Yugo's Speedroid support has been revealed, and it features a Level 4 Tuner, Level 3 Synchro Tuner, a Level 11 Synchro based on his D-Wheel and a Pseudo-Trap monster.

Edit 3:
Day 3, we have the Animation Chronicle 2021 reveals:
Our second big archetypal support is the Kuriboh sublings from Doma arc.
Syrus only has Dragonroid and Declaration of Rebirth. No Kiteroid just yet.
Ai got two of his back row support, and a reprint of Linguriboh.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Edit 3:
Day 3, we have the Animation Chronicle 2021 reveals:
Finally it's about time the Kuriboh brothers showed up! So that's another batch of anime-exclusive Yugi monsters released. What is there left?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Egyptian God Decks have been delayed for June 16th.
King's Court booster pack has been delayed for June 30th.
Finally it's about time the Kuriboh brothers showed up! So that's another batch of anime-exclusive Yugi monsters released. What is there left?
*Royal Straight Slasher (animé version of Arcana Knight Joker)
*Blocken (animé version of Blockman)
*Lengard
*Bunch of intermidiate Levels of Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician
Edit:
Day 4 is Overlay Universe,
Neo, you were right, new Utopia is a Rank 12. Utopia also got an alternate artwork, based on its sealed form.
And we got the last new Cyber Style card yesterday.

Edit 2:
Full List of Cyber Style's Successor is now revealed.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Neo, you were right, new Utopia is a Rank 12. Utopia also got an alternate artwork, based on its sealed form.
I'm killing it with the predictions. I was right about Crystal Clear Wing Synchro Dragon being a Accel Synchro and now I was right about Utopia Dragner's Rank. Not sure why his ATK is 3000 and not 4000 like Utopic Dragon. Hopefully I'll be right about Kite and Shark's Numbers being Prime Photon Dragon and Shark Drake. Astral did use them during the final duel to reload Utopia Roots.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Day 5, cover archetype for Burst of Destiny turns out to be Revovler's Borrels, though cover card hasn't been revealed yet.
Yes, the new Borrel is the missing Ritual one.

I'll post the Ygorganization translations when they are available, but there might be a second batch later today. Nah this is it for today.
Edit:
Translation is here.

Edit: https://ygorganization.com/placeyourbets/
Next Rush Duel set is called Extra Power Up Pack, and it will be released on September 18th, 2021. It will apparently feature a new mechanic.
I guess this means we'll get a new gimmick per season.
Edit 2:
Continuous Trap for Sherry has been revealed.
Edit 3:
Normal Spell for Lyrilusc has been revealed.
Motor Shell's OCG/TCG effect has also been revealed.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

New Kuriboh revealed, Astral Kuriboh. I guessing the Astral monsters from the ZEXAL manga are coming out soon.
Link: ocg-astral-kuriboh-announced

UPDATE:
The last Yugo card I guess. WARNING: Dice rolls included.
Link: https://ygorganization.com/cropcirclespsct/

And another update:
The full list of the duelist pack revealed.
Link: https://ygorganization.com/dp25-complete-card-list/

One more update:
The complete list for Lightning Overdrive is out. We're getting Declan's manga ace D/D/D Supersight Zero King Maxwell, Sunavalon's, and Black Rose Dragon is getting a reprint. And also her evolution's English name is Ruddy Rose Dragon, probably couldn't think anything else like Crimson Rose.
Link: https://ygorganization.com/liov-en-complete-card-list/

OK. Last one for real:
Konami: "We've ran out of naming ideas!"
Link: https://ygorganization.com/tcg-battles-of-legend-2021/

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's update for Animation Chronicle is Yowie from Gansley's duel:

Most important thing about this card is that it confirms recent Duel Links leaks regarding Pendulum Summoning being about ARC-V world coming this year. This means if KaibaCorp GP is still going to be a seperate world, it will happen after VRAINS, since April 2020 MR revision requires Pendulums to work with Links.

(This is also probably means final main set of this year will probably Odd-Eyes focused).

For previous news:
Hidden Arsenal reprints, which were leaked a while ago, have been officially confirmed, with Chapter 1 coming for November 19th 2021. These cards mostly didn't have Portuguese prints, so these are largely for that and their erratas.

Next Legendary Duelists reprint will likely happen next year, after next year's Duelist Packs.
Edit: Today's new card is Numeron Storm, another one of Don Thousand's cards.
Translation: https://ygorganization.com/thepowerofmoney/

Previous updates:
There is going to be a new ending alongside the new opening for Sevens.
Sushiko's Sushi angels have been revealed for Maximum Ultra Evolution Pack.

Edit 2: https://ygorganization.com/itstimetoplayhouse/
Second day's reveal is Doll House from ZEXAL manga. It is one of Cologne's cards, obviously.

Edit 3: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-world-premiere-pack-2021/
This year's World Premiere Pack is going to be released on 25th September 2021. Previous one didn't have any new cards (besides Dunames Dark Witch, which hasn't been previously released in Korea), so this one will likely follow suit.

Edit 4: Today's update is Piri Reis Map from 5D's.

Previous updates:
https://ygorganization.com/theultimateinrelaxationandauthority/Evil Chairs for Rush Duels are back. With the new cards, full list of Maximum Ultra Evolution Pack has been completed: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Maximum_Ultra_Evolution_Pack
https://ygorganization.com/sd42-the-promo-cards/ Overlay Universe is featuring three promo cards, including another reprint of Utopia.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's updates:
Destiny HEROes got two of their animé spells, including a support for Plasma.
Chironex's monsters are revealed to be here, and his Kragens are a small archetype.
More Cipher support for Kite's ARC-V deck.
And the final Appliancer Link.

Edit: Current batch of reveals confirm Kiteroid, Dark Wight @Ignister and rest of Predaplants from ARC-V animé won't be in the set. There are only 13 cards left overall (including Starving Venemy Dragon, as its effects have not been revealed), with largest gaps being between GX-5D's and ZEXAL-ARC-V. Since 2-3 of them will be reprints, so there isn't much to reveal for next week besides one-off reveals.

Also:
King's Court got delayed for July 7th/9th.
Previous news:
We got reference art for a card or group of cards for Burst of Destiny.

Edit 2:
Full lists of Egyptian God Decks have been revealed, and they feature TCG releases of Yako Tenma's cards from Premium Pack 2021.

Edit 3:
Today's card is Ice Barrier from GX manga, it is one of Alexis's cards.
And the translation is here.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

I kinda expecting the Egyptian God decks to be half their respective users (Yugi and Kaiba) and half the god's strategies. Oh well, guess we just had to do it ourselves then.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's update is Ice Knight from Frost of the Light Brigade's Deck.

Wow this is a really old previously unprinted card.

Edit: https://ygorganization.com/scrapingforicesupportinalltherightplaces/
Today's card is Ice Mirror from Grady's Deck, though this card was previously in Tag Force games.

Edit 2: Today's updates:
Astral Kuriboh's effect has been revealed.
Next core set is called Battle of Chaos, in allusion to Series 2 set called Struggle of Chaos (one of the predecessors of the international of Legacy of Darkness), but if it is an ARC-V focused as I'm expecting its name might reference Dimension of Chaos instead (there is a lot "of Chaos" sets).

Edit 3:
We also have an Astral language version of Number 13: Leviathan Dragon.
This explains why we got Ice Mirror without Blizzard Lizard or Frozen Fitzgerald reprint.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Next core set is called Battle of Chaos, in allusion to Series 2 set called Struggle of Chaos (one of the predecessors of the international of Legacy of Darkness), but if it is an ARC-V focused as I'm expecting its name might reference Dimension of Chaos instead (there is a lot "of Chaos" sets).
BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER! I'm calling it now!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
And we finally have Starving Venemy Dragon's OCG effects.

Edit:
Day 2 of Shonen Jump reveals, more Overlay Universe stuff. This time we have a ZS- Xyz Monster:
Reprints include Shark Drake and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Prime Dragon as NeoDude expected.

Edit 3: Today's reveal for Animation Chronicle 2021 is Lyrilusc - Bird Strike, one of Ruri's formerly unprinted Spell cards. I'll post the translation later when it comes.
Translation is here, its effect is roughly the same as the animé version.

Edit 4:
Day 3 of reveals is Flundereeze from Burst of Destiny, a WIND and WATER Winged Beast archetype focused on Normal and Tribute Summoning. Yes, the previously revealed artwork was indeed for an archetype, not a single card.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Edit:
Day 2 of Shonen Jump reveals, more Overlay Universe stuff. This time we have a ZS- Xyz Monster:
Reprints include Shark Drake and Galaxy-Eyes Photon Prime Dragon as NeoDude expected.
YES!!!!!!!

Go Neo! Go Neo! It's your birthday. Was there ever any doubt? But good choice of reprints. I can finally get Tornado Bringer and Asura Strike.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Today's card is Wing Requital from GX, from Harpie's Brother/Sky Scout's Deck.

This was a card whose artwork was not fully shown.

Edit: Today's archetype is in the previous post, this card is only significant because it opens up a lot of possibilities for other unseen cards, like Super Fusion God and Colorless.

Edit 2: Today's second card is Speedroid Scratch from Yugo's ARC-V animé Deck.
And the translation is here.

Edit 3: https://ygorganization.com/bode-new-magikey-support/
Day 4 of the reveals features new Magikey support, this time a Level 8 Synchro, a Rank 4 Xyz, and a regular Tuner.

Edit 4: Apparently the Magikey Synchro is our first FIRE Thunder monster.

Edit 5: https://ygorganization.com/mybelovedsuship/
Second phase of today's reveals feature support for Suship, this time only monsters, including a Level 5 one and a Rank 5 one.

Last edited: