• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
December's unlockable character for Duel Links will be Jakob from 5D's, Aporia's second piece. There will be also be 5D's event for all three pieces.

The roaming character for December will be Anna Kaboom from ZEXAL instead, but she will likely be unlockable in February instead of January, since January will likely be another ARC-V character (most likely Sora).

Other previous news:
Artwork for the new Inzektor card.
April 2020 revision's rule changes are now in TCG.
JUMP Festa details for Konami's YGO booth.
Alba Strike reprints feature Artifact Scythe and Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit.

Interview with Gakuto and Yuro's VAs.

Edit:
Correction: Aporia proper is December's unlockable character. Twitter was right, apparently:

Edit 2:
Pot of Extravagance, Ice Dragon's Prison, and Called by the Grave are being reprinted in Alba Strike.
We have a Fusion Spell for Albaz Fusions.

Other stuff from the stream:
And the stream link, again:

Edit 3:
March's set is Deck Build Pack: Tactical Masters, which will be releasing on March 19th, 2022. Like previous Deck Build Packs, it will cover three new Deck themes.

Details about the reference artworks from the stream are here.

Edit 4:
Full Decklist of Alba Strike is here. Remaining reprints include Levianeer, Brotaur, Radian, Fusion support, Gold Sarcophagus, and a few key Traps.

Edit 5:
Three more cards from Legendary Gold Box, Borrelend Dragon, Crystal Beast Rainbow Dragon, and Decode Talker Heat Soul, are confirmed to be in Ghosts From the Past 2.

D/D/D Eulogy King Vice Requiem and Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon - Overlord, are still missing.

Edit 6:
Forgot to add this, but we have the Witchcrafter merch from Secret Shiny Box:
New cards haven't been revealed.

Edit 7:
Day 1 of VJump reveals feature the next Jump promo's effects.

Previous news:
Abyss lore from the Alba Strike SD.

Rush Duel stuff:
Next Saikyo Jump promo's initial tidbits.
Luke's manga Maximum's effects.
Switch game is 39.99$.
Beaver Warrior and Alligator's Sword have now Rush Duel versions.

Edit 8:
Legendary Duelists: Season 3 is confirmed for June 24th, 2022. Hallelujah. It will feature cards from Immortal Destiny and Magical Hero.

Edit 9:
Day 2 of VJump reveals feature the remaining cards from Premium Pack 2022:
We have:
*4 cards for Seika Kohinata from GX manga.
*4 cards for Roman Goodwin from 5D's manga.
*2 cards for Number/Xyz from ZEXAL manga.
*2 cards for Nasch from ZEXAL animé.

Konami's official press release states the release of LD Season 3 is June 3rd, 2022.

More YGO merch.

Edit 10:
Rush Duel version of Magical Stone Excavation is now here in the Gold Rush Pack.

Edit 11:
Day 3 of VJump reveals feature the Witchcrafter support from Secret Shiny Box, which include Haine's Fusion retrain and archetype's Fusion Spell.

Edit 12:
Full list of Gold Rush Pack has been revealed. Final new cards are Rush Duel version of Smashing Ground (which is also a Legend Card), and Dark Resonance Burst, which is for Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl.

Edit 13:
Today's reveals feature three reprints for Secret Shiny Box.

Edit 14:
Legendary Duelists 9 is coming to the TCG on May 6th, 2022. It is the TCG version of Duelists of the Abyss.

Edit 15:
Day 4 for Vjump reveals feature our first legacy support for Dimension Force, which is not an archetype, but Zombie Synchros. These feature:
*A new Plaguespreader Zombie clone.
*A Main Deck Zombie Mazera.
*A Level 10 Synchro Zombie Red-Eyes.
*A Level 8 Synchro Zombie Felgrand.
*A Level 6 Synchro Zombie Coral Dragon.
*A Spell that revives Zombies.
*And a Trap that generates Tokens for Zombies.

Edit 16:
First four reprints from January 2022 OCG Tournament Pack are here, and they are:
*Puppet King
*Evil Dragon Ananta
*Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon
*Odd-Eyes Advent

Edit 17:
We have reference artwork for Saikyo Battle Flag Ace Breaker (the Switch game promo card).

Edit:
YGOrganization article is here.

Edit 18:
Day 5 of VJump reveals feature our animé legacy archetype for Dimension Force, and they are Nistro's Heroics:
They feature the archetype's first Rank 1 Xyz Monster.

Other news:
All upcoming TCG products have been delayed.
More details about History Archive Collection have been revealed, including info about alternate artworks.

Edit 19:
The new Symphonic Warrior support, teased way back in July 2021 Tournament Pack, is finally here. It features:
*A Pendulum Tuner
*A Pendulum non-Tuner
*A Pendulum Synchro, which is also archetype's first Synchro.
*And a new Continuous Spell that utilizes the archetype's Symphonic Counters.

The new Synchro has a Pendulum Scale of 10, which means we will get a Level 9 Symphonic Warrior in the future. All of the new cards support the Field Spell, Symph Amplifire, so that is part of their new strategy. And yes, as you know, all Symphonic Warriors are part of Warrior archetype, so this doubles as covert Yusei support.

Edit 20:
Details on Jump Festa news have been revealed. It will feature a Jump Festa version of the OCG times segment (the main set stream events.)
Takanori Hoshino (VA of Honest and Jack Atlas) will be one of the guests again, and this time around, he is credited for his role as Jack Atlas from ARC-V. So we are getting support for his ARC-V deck.
(Yes, ARC-V, not 5D's).

Edit 21:
Reference artwork for Saikyo Battle Flag Tough Striker from Saikyo Battle Pack is here. The article:

Edit 22:
Reference artwork for Saikyo Battle Flag Gold Rush from Gold Rush Pack is here. The article:

Edit 23:
January 1st 2022 OCG Banlist is here, and lots of stuff are now restricted.

Edit 24:
The Youtube link for Jump Festa stream.

Edit 25:
Final V-Jump reveal of this month features the first six new cards from History Archive Collection, and the first six reprints.

Edit 26:
Today's Secret Shiny Box reveals feature the following reprints:
*Mezuki
*Shiranui Solitaire
*Hiita the Fire Charmer, Ablaze
Edit: https://ygorganization.com/ssb1-more-reprints-for-mayakashi/
The article is here.

Edit 27:
Full list of Secret Shiny Box has been leaked. The final reprints are:
*Rilliona, the Magistus of Verre
*Secret Village of the Spellcasters
*Fateful Hour

Final new card is called Sky Striker Mobilize – Linkage!. We don't know what it does.

Edit 28:
Four more reprints from January 2022 Tournament Pack are revealed:
*Tatsunecro
*Heroic Champion - Excalibur
*Alsei, the Sylvan High Arbiter
*Symph Amplifire

Not sure why Alsei is here, but rest are related to stuff already revealed.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
(Back in November 2nd)

(One month later)
Zzz... zzz... zz- YUGA IS THE SIXTH GOHA SIBLING AND HE'S PSYCHOPATH! At least it wasn't our Yuga. And are the writers really running out name ideas?
In a way, the people who said Yuga was the sixth goha sibling were right and the people who said Swirly was the sixth goha sibling were also right.

NeoDude-5000

I was more of a Team Swirly guy. Because if past Yu-Gi-Oh! shows have shown one thing and it's this, don't trust any characters that seem odd. Ray turned out to be Vector, Sora might have seem innocent but was really part of the bad guys until later on, and Ai became the final antagonist of VRAINS. Let this be lesson for later seasons.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I'm separating the news by this post because we have actual Rush Duel product news. The pack artwork for Genesis Master Road (featuring Yuga and Luke with their new aces) is here with two new Reptile monsters for Rush Duels, including the other Yuga's Predator Gunleon.

This leaves Yuran as the only one with an unreleased Deck, but he will likely get his cards printed here.

And yes, Yuga Goha probably won't be the final antagonist of Season 2. This seems to confirm that.

(All previous news are on the previous post.)

Edit:
Today's news roundup:
Third Secret Ace Pack is coming.
Rush Duel Saikyo Jump promo's effects are here.
New Thunder monsters for Rush Duels.
Second Saikyo Battle Royale update will feature sets up to the Saikyo/Strongest Battle Decks of the seven main characters.

Edit 2:
Second batch of news:
The Battle of Chaos TCG promo is here, and it is part of a new archetype called Libromancer (ie. book magician). Seems Ritual based.
New Vjump promo is here, and it is for the new Zombie Synchros. Effect is unknown.
Master Duel game will allow you to download Deck Recipes from the Official Card Database.

Edit 3:
Legendary Duelists 9 is now named Legendary Duelists: Duels from the Deep. Mako and his now boss replaces Nasch and his new boss(es) in the TCG version's cover art.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

And yes, Yuga Goha probably won't be the final antagonist of Season 2. This seems to confirm that.
You know I was thinking that one day. What if Yuga 'Swirly' Goha wasn't the true villain of season. Allow me to explain with a theory that like most of my previous Yu-Gi-Oh theories probably won't happen. But I have been on a roll with predicting booster pack cards so I'm pretty confident that this time it will.

OK so let's begin with the Dueling Insects Club. These guys have been up to no good since the defeat of the Goha siblings and TheCringewolfman. First they steal data from Yuga's office in Goha Enterprises. And second they used a card making machine to recreate Monster Reborn a card that in the SEVENS continuity is a forbidden card because it can be used to restore Swirly's memory and take memories away (penalty games how we've missed you).

Which brings us to the aftermath of Swirly's awakening as Yuga 'Swirly' Goha. He meets up with the Dueling Insects Club the group claims that they have been waiting for him. And together they start causing havoc. Erasing memories, destroying the new formats, and... well that's as far as we're at.

OK so that's our recap on everything regarding the Dueling Insects Club and Yuga 'Swirly' Goha. The biggest questions in my mind are. Why did the Insect Club go through all of that to awakening something evil? What's their connection to him? And how did they know of his existence? My guess, Otes was the one who informed them of Swirly's true nature.

Yep I really do think Otes is behind this. If he tried uninstall Rush Duels at the end of season 1 then why not manipulate a group of individuals to reawaken a psychopath to mess up Rush Dueling.

I rest my case.

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
You know I was thinking that one day. What if Yuga 'Swirly' Goha wasn't the true villain of season. Allow me to explain with a theory that like most of my previous Yu-Gi-Oh theories probably won't happen. But I have been on a roll with predicting booster pack cards so I'm pretty confident that this time it will.

OK so let's begin with the Dueling Insects Club. These guys have been up to no good since the defeat of the Goha siblings and TheCringewolfman. First they steal data from Yuga's office in Goha Enterprises. And second they used a card making machine to recreate Monster Reborn a card that in the SEVENS continuity is a forbidden card because it can be used to restore Swirly's memory and take memories away (penalty games how we've missed you).

Which brings us to the aftermath of Swirly's awakening as Yuga 'Swirly' Goha. He meets up with the Dueling Insects Club the group claims that they have been waiting for him. And together they start causing havoc. Erasing memories, destroying the new formats, and... well that's as far as we're at.

OK so that's our recap on everything regarding the Dueling Insects Club and Yuga 'Swirly' Goha. The biggest questions in my mind are. Why did the Insect Club go through all of that to awakening something evil? What's their connection to him? And how did they know of his existence? My guess, Otes was the one who informed them of Swirly's true nature.

Yep I really do think Otes is behind this. If he tried uninstall Rush Duels at the end of season 1 then why not manipulate a group of individuals to reawaken a psychopath to mess up Rush Dueling.

I rest my case.
Then why did Otes allowed the installation of Rush Duels to begin with? Otes will probably the final villain of SEVENS as foreshadowed in the first scene of the first episode with him using his true deck, but his motives yet to be revealed.
first we need to know about the connection between the Dueling Insects Club and Goha Yuga and how does Tiger know about Goha Yuga.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The new Yugioh series is called Yu-Gi-Oh! Go Rush!!, which debut in April 2022. It will feature a new monster type called Galaxy-Type.

The production team is the same as SEVENS. I'm guessing this will only last for a year, since Series 11 sets (ie. the current OCG/TCG sets since Rise of the Duelist) will likely end by April 2023, but we shall see. (Pre-ARC-V OCG/TCG series were only 8 main sets long, ie. two years long, so the current card series might end next April and this show might last for two years like Sevens. But I'm not holding my breath on that.)

Cross Duel playtesting details are here.

Edit:
First card for Dimension Force from OCG times part of the stream is Psychic End Punisher, a Level 11 Psychic Synchro.

Edit 2:
Three new cards for themes in the Grand Creators are here.

Edit 3:
We have a new Link Monster for Pendulums.

Edit 4:
Yuri is our second ARC-V rep for Dimension Force, and he has new Predaplants, and a new Level 10 Starving Venom.

Edit 5:
Video links galore:
The Dimension Force commercial.
The entirety of the stream (again).

Edit:
For those who just want the OCG times segment.

Edit 5.2:
Other stuff from OCG times. There is apparently an official Discord server for Remote Duels now, and tomorrow will have OCG news.

And the tomorrow's stream:

Edit 6:
Day 2 news:

Genesis Master Road:
Final ace monsters of the wonderous 4 of SEVENS are here.
We also have one of Yuga Goha's Spells.

Duel Links:
Fifth anniversary stuff and Dark Paladin Structure Deck EX.

Secret Shiny Box:
The effects of the final new card, Sky Striker Mobilize - Linkage! is here.

History Archive Collection:
Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Red-Eyes Black Dragon, and Dark Magician Girl all have new alternate artworks.
New Spells for each series are here.

Master Duel:
Lots of details are revealed, but release date is unknown.

Edit 7:
YouTube Links galore!
Master Duel stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFpaB7xfSc
Cross Duel stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKBVB_vWbw
Card game stuff.

Edit 8:
More Cross Duel details.
YCS Japan is coming back, planned for March 27th, 2022.

Last edited:

NeoDude-5000

Wait so we're getting a sequel series to SEVENS only 2 years after it came out? Is the anime going to be just Rush Duels now?

And also are Yuhi and Yuamu the children or descends of Yuga? That would be a first

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Huh, here I thought Sevens would stay for a while longer. Either way, seems like we're not going back to master duels any time soon

ForgottenFenneki

Lost in a snowy city...
Does anyone think they should do a crossover series with pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh together. Perhaps human cheracters from Pokemon playing the yugioh game? I would love to see Sabrina and Dark magiciain team up together (as they are both wizards) The pokemon characters could say "wow this game is a lot more violent than playing pokemon! I kinda like it here!" or something. Meanwhile Yugi and Joey are trapped in the pokemon world and they want to go back to the Yu-gi-oh world to get their cards back. "I think this is the shadow reaml"

ForgottenFenneki

Lost in a snowy city...
Why ruin yu-gi-oh? Ashnime is cancer lol
I know that in the anime ash can be a very brash character and that can often get him into trouble! BUT perhaps spending time in the more mature world of Yugoih (killing, shadow realm , sexual camera scenes, Bakura extectra) would help him to more of a man and not such a troublesome boy? it might make the anime better

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Eh wake me up if we ever get a series thats related to the Duel Monsters/Dark Side Of Dimensions continuity. Not really interested otherwise.

Morax

King of heroes
I know that in the anime ash can be a very brash character and that can often get him into trouble! BUT perhaps spending time in the more mature world of Yugoih (killing, shadow realm , sexual camera scenes, Bakura extectra) would help him to more of a man and not such a troublesome boy? it might make the anime better
Ash won’t lose his virginity even if you throw him in the GoT verse lol

ForgottenFenneki

Lost in a snowy city...
Ash won’t lose his virginity even if you put him in the GoT verse lol
I dont think Ash needs to have sex onscreen for it to be a good crossover, but i get your point. Perhaps if he met Mai Valentine (i only just got the joke on her name now btw) they could start with some basic kissing scenes? Perhas ash and brock would have a duel for who gets to date Mai like Chazz did in yugioh GX?

Morax

King of heroes
I dont think Ash needs to have sex onscreen for it to be a good crossover, but i get your point. Perhaps if he met Mai Valentine (i only just got the joke on her name now btw) they could start with some basic kissing scenes? Perhas ash and brock would have a duel for who gets to date Mai like Chazz did in yugioh GX?
Relax man it was a joke

Ash : what’s a kiss? Is that a new pokemon?

ForgottenFenneki

Lost in a snowy city...
Maybe ash could get a kiss from Tea, like he did with Latias in the movie.. But i would like to see yugioh characters such as Joey hanging around in the pokemon world. Imagine professor Oak seeing Yugi like "who the ***** are you?" lol

Morax

King of heroes
Maybe ash could get a kiss from Tea, like he did with Latias in the movie.. But i would like to see yugioh characters such as Joey hanging around in the pokemon world. Imagine professor Oak seeing Yugi like "who the ***** are you?" lol
Yu-gi-oh is borderline shounen while the ashnime is strictly kodomomuke. I don’t think that crossover would work but a pokespe x YGO definitely could.