• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah you’re right about that! I remember when Vrains was first revealed the catchphrase of the series was something along the lines of “Take a step forward and try something new”, which doesn’t fit in any way to the Vrains we got.

My theory is that the original Vrains was going to be something along the lines of early GX/Zexal/Arc-V, a more lighthearted show, but then after Arc-V turning into a dumpster fire (I remember that a black screen due to a technical error had better ratings than the Battle Beast arc) the staff decided to do a sudden 180 turn to keep viewers engaged. Early Vrains felt like a B-Tech 5DS, and those similarities were definitely on purpose.

However, I think OP1 fit the series really well, tbh I couldn’t imagine a lighthearted show using With the Wind. While the lyrics don’t seem to fit, this song has this melancholic feel that really hits the spot imo.
Yeah I've heard theories like that, or that a series about entertainment and all that would bring back too many memories of Arc-V lol. And yeah kinda get what you mean with OP1's tone.

Also found one of the early synopsis-es

"Yusaku is a boy who doesn’t like standing out, and particularly doesn’t stand out at school. However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once."
I remember this one especially because of all the ""doesn't like standing out"........Yusaku have you looked at your hair?" memes

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Yeah I've heard theories like that, or that a series about entertainment and all that would bring back too many memories of Arc-V lol. And yeah kinda get what you mean with OP1's tone.

Also found one of the early synopsis-es

"Yusaku is a boy who doesn’t like standing out, and particularly doesn’t stand out at school. However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once."
I remember this one especially because of all the ""doesn't like standing out"........Yusaku have you looked at your hair?" memes
Man looking back I really wish we had gotten such a series instead of the Vrains we got. But then again, I also wish we’d be at least getting a yugioh anime in the old style.

7 isn’t really my cup of tea, and I’m sick of DM getting all the attention when it’s about nostalgia.

A spin-off series or movie as a sequel for other seasons would be great, especially when they have more creative freedom.

A GX sequel has endless potential as the ending of the show was the beginning of a new life chapter for the characters. Likewise, Zexal had a cliffhanger with everyone heading to the Astral World to fight a new enemy (which I still think was meant as a bridge between Zexal and Arc-V that was eventually dropped).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh most series ended well enough that IDK if I'd want much of a sequel, with Zexal (due to the cliffhanger/new adventure) and Arc V (to at least address the unresolved and ignored issues) being the exceptions

GLTSRY

Tbh most series ended well enough that IDK if I'd want much of a sequel, with Zexal (due to the cliffhanger/new adventure) and Arc V (to at least address the unresolved and ignored issues) being the exceptions
Fair enough.

However, I don’t think Arc-V can be saved by a sequel, they’d need a reboot for that. It’s actually quite funny (or sad) that the series turned out like it did. Many people were rightly praising Arc-V after the first 50 episodes as the best series so far, and even the synchro arc, for all of its mistakes, was really enjoyable when it wanted to. I never saw any show in any media collapse like that, and in a funny way, the series that wanted to celebrate the anime’s anniversary ultimately became the main reason the anime we knew was cancelled.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
yeah Arc-V's final third was a trainwreck of proportions I hadn't seen before, and the plot isn't salvageable at all, but at least something for actual closure could make it suck slightly less

GLTSRY

yeah Arc-V's final third was a trainwreck of proportions I hadn't seen before, and the plot isn't salvageable at all, but at least something for actual closure could make it suck slightly less
It would be the best show if they really let Sawatari defeat Zarc

I think having Sawatari and Gongenzaka achieve something in any potential sequel would be a step into the right direction. Kurosaki at least got his W against Dennis while Sora was redeemed later on, but Sawatari and Gongenzaka got nothing. Especially Sawatari is a funny case, because he became a meme as the show went on and the writers clearly knew this, otherwise they wouldn’t have made the scene where everyone thought that Sawatari just OTKO’d Zarc.

Additionally, there must be a proper final battle for Yuya. His win against Reiji was BS because he summoned a monster that was out of his pendulum scale range to win. Also the spell card he used against Reiji was whack.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh literally everyone got screwed over by the end of Arc V

MasterTobias

I wouldn’t say that 7 killed the franchise, it was more like the last nail on the coffin.

Ever since Arc-V’s synchro arc, the entire anime made one terrible decision after another. Jack and Crow stole way too much spotlight from the new characters, the Top/Common storyline was a terrible rehash of 5DS without the emotional weight, the prison and tournament arc were ultimately just stalling time because DSoD was siphoning all resources, the XYZ dimension felt pointless since there was nothing to do, the Fusion Dimension incl. the ZARC finale felt like a fever dream and then we got half a dozen of ceremonial battles with an OP Yuya because Vrains was stuck in production hell.

Vrains then had to be delayed, key plot points were rewritten, 6 recap episodes were needed and the series was then rewritten again to end after a rushed and cut third season.

7 simply isn’t appealing to most of the older fans so they dropped it, but from what I’ve heard from people that watch it, the show seems to be decent or it at least not plagued by external problems to the same degree as Arc-V and Vrains.
Bad writing does not kill franchises for the most part, bad production or promotion does. Of course the Sevens fans that watched it must like or they would have stopped already, Sevens for the most part cannot have production issues to the extent the others had since it has no plot and its a slideshow on top of the below average art.

The studio handling Sevens and Go Rush is so cheap when it comes to the production it even hired child voice actors for Go Rush.
My theory is that the original Vrains was going to be something along the lines of early GX/Zexal/Arc-V, a more lighthearted show, but then after Arc-V turning into a dumpster fire (I remember that a black screen due to a technical error had better ratings than the Battle Beast arc) the staff decided to do a sudden 180 turn to keep viewers engaged. Early Vrains felt like a B-Tech 5DS, and those similarities were definitely on purpose.
That does not make any sense, they don't care what the internet thinks, yugioh anime is made for promoting the card game so they only care about cardgame sales, they certainly would not sabatage their own production like this, nevermind when Arc-V world was released in Duel Links on its debut day it broke Duel Links record for log ins in terms of players.

The reason we got something different is most likely because Vrains was not planned well and they threw whatever idea they got first for promotion before they changed their mind, heck the character designs were not even finalized 1 month before it aired, that should tell you all you need to know.
A GX sequel has endless potential as the ending of the show was the beginning of a new life chapter for the characters. Likewise, Zexal had a cliffhanger with everyone heading to the Astral World to fight a new enemy (which I still think was meant as a bridge between Zexal and Arc-V that was eventually dropped).
Yugioh Zexal had an 'the adventure continues' ending, thats all there is to it, its not the first story to have this ending, its not meant to be anything more.
Fair enough.

However, I don’t think Arc-V can be saved by a sequel, they’d need a reboot for that. It’s actually quite funny (or sad) that the series turned out like it did. Many people were rightly praising Arc-V after the first 50 episodes as the best series so far, and even the synchro arc, for all of its mistakes, was really enjoyable when it wanted to. I never saw any show in any media collapse like that, and in a funny way, the series that wanted to celebrate the anime’s anniversary ultimately became the main reason the anime we knew was cancelled.
Arc-V just like every other series is a standalone product, so it did not cancel anything as every problem it had is self containted like the other series.
Additionally, there must be a proper final battle for Yuya. His win against Reiji was BS because he summoned a monster that was out of his pendulum scale range to win. Also the spell card he used against Reiji was whack.
That was an animation error, funnily enough it was the only time they got the pendulum scales wrong.

Last edited:

jaden767

Amphetamine
7 simply isn’t appealing to most of the older fans so they dropped it, but from what I’ve heard from people that watch it, the show seems to be decent or it at least not plagued by external problems to the same degree as Arc-V and Vrains.
It's not just abut it not being appealing to older audiences. Heck I watched all of Zexal even though it was obviously meant to appeal to kids more than teens unlike 5D's but I still enjoyed parts of it.

The fact that Sevens focused on a spin-off version of the TCG is what really made it unappealing to me. I liked the other series because I already had the TCG cards and knew all the rules and was heavily invested in the franchise for almost 15 years, but then Sevens came along with its own specialized Rush Duel cards and new rules and that made it unappealing to me.

Also the fact that the Rush Duel cards never got printed outside of Asia means that there's no cross promotion to buy into and as a result no added incentive for me to get into that series. Same goes for the new show that replaced it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Text limit has been finally reached in my previous post, so I'll be continuing from here on. Previous news can be seen here: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...iscussion-thread.656938/page-40#post-19376712

Today's reveal is another Dragon Fusion for Abyss storyline, though this one is actually a Spellcaster and uses Blazing Cartesia (TCG name of Red Cartesia) as material.

Yudias Duel Disk promos also contain Rush Duel version of Magic Cylinder as a Legend Card.

Duel Links leaks suggest there will be an another world after VRAINS. We don't know what it will be.

Edit:
TCG version of Traptrix Structure Deck is confirmed for February 24th, 2023. Unfortunately, it does not have an official name yet.

Edit 2:
Day 8 of V-Jump reveals feature new Sky Striker support and reprints for Selection 5. With this, all cards for Selection 5 should be revealed now.

Edit 3:
Today's first reveal is a new Fusion for Albaz, this time, a Winged Beast that indirectly works with Tri-Brigades.

Today's second reveal is a new Branded Continuous Trap, but for Bystials.

Today's third reveal, and the final pre-release reveal of Photon Hypernova is a Branded Quick-Play Spell. This actually support Fallen of Albaz.

Edit 4:
Day 9 of V-Jump reveals feature new Traptrix support from Forest of the Traptrix SD, featuring a new Rank 4 Xyz Monster with inverted stats from Traptrix Rafflesia, a new Level 4 Traptrix with inverted stats from Traptrix Mantis, a new Trap Hole Normal Trap, and a Link-3 monster for Traptrix, as well as bunch of reprints.

Edit 5:
We have reference artwork for Baku the Beast Ninja.

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_OCG_INFO/status/1580528785769828354
We also have reference artwork for the new Tri-Brigade boss.

Edit 6:
Day 10 of V-Jump reveals feature the first new cards of Secret Utility Box, which are a Fusion of Dark Magician and Gaia the Dragon Champion, and a Synchron monster for Blackwings, with the aesthetics of Greiger's Reactors, as well as bunch of reprints.

Remaining Photon Hypernova cards have been leaked. They feature:
*A retrain of Manticore of Darkness that supports Fissure and Smashing Ground.
*A retrain of Manju and Senju.
*A Machine monster that works as an Equip Spell.
*A new Psychic Tuner.
*A Cyberse Link that supports Rituals.
*A Normal Trap that sends opponent's monsters to the GY.
*A Continuous Trap that utilizes columns.
*A Normal Trap that revives monsters from the GY.

Edit 7:
Last remaining Spell card of Photon Hypernova is a Normal Spell that allows user to take control of opponent's Field Spell and place another from the opponent's GY.

Edit 8:
The final card of Photon Hypernova is another generic Machine that is technically part of Roid archetype.

Edit 9:
We have reference artwork for Cartesia and her Dragon.

Cyber Dragons for Rush Duels have finally been revealed. We have Rush Duel versions of:
*Cyber End Dragon
*Cyber Twin Dragon
*Cyber Dragon
*Proto-Cyber Dragon
*And Power Bond as a Legend Card.
They also have bunch of new cards exclusive for Rush Duels of course.

Edit 10:
Day 11 of V-Jump reveals is the February 2023 set, Rarity Collection - Quarter-Century Edition, coming on February 18th, 2023. This the 25th anniversary version of the previous 20th anniversary Rarity Collection from February 10th, 2018.

This will likely include the recent TCG alternate artworks from Maximum Gold: El Dorado (Rescue Cat, Black Rose Dragon, etc.), but since it will be a reprint set, we probably won't see any new cards, just new artworks.

Edit 11:
Next V-Jump promo is a Rank 4 Plant that is pseudo support for Traptrix.

Edit 12:
Box Art of Secret Utility Box features 6 different crests, likely connected to the goods. I don't know what these refer to.

Edit 13:
Apparently Selection 5 reprints are not over. Skypalace Gangaridai and Knightmare Phoenix are today's reveals.

OCG Structures are also still gaining promos apparently, this one being a new Infernoble Knight Tuner.

Edit 14:
Set list for most of the cards of Magnificant Mavens have been revealed. It also contains some Token Cards from previous OCG Tournament Packs.

Edit 15:
TCG artworks of the boss monsters of archetypes from Amazing Defenders have been revealed.

OCG Structures promo's release date and color art have been revealed.

Edit 16:
Today's reveals are Sky Cavalry Centaurea and Upstart Goblin reprints for Selection 5.

Edit 17:
Today's reveal is the alternate artwork for Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe for Selection 5 (the reprint itself was confirmed in the original reveals for Trains).

Edit 18:
Today's reveal is the alternate artwork for Invoked Mechaba for Selection 5 (the reprint itself was confirmed in the original reveal for Invoked).

Edit 19:
Today's reveal is the alternate artwork for Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage! for Selection 5 (the reprint itself was confirmed in the original reveals for Sky Striker).

Edit 20:
Legend Card rules for Rush Duels will be altered from January (1), 2023 onward. Instead of one card per Deck, you'll now have one card type (Monster/Spell/Trap) per Deck.

(This also likely means we will have a new Master Rule update in April 2023, similar to the April 2020 one, but we'll see.)

To tie in with the new rules, next Rush Duel set will be Legend Awakening Pack for March 4th, 2023. It will feature many classic OCG cards as new Legend Cards, as well as provide new Rush Duel support for existing Legend Cards.

Edit 21:
Today's reveal is the alternate artwork for Dragonmaid Hospitality for Selection 5 (the reprint itself was confirmed in the original reveal for Dragonmaid).

Edit 22:
Next Saikyo Jump promo for Rush Duel Cyber Dragons has been teased.

Edit 23:
Today's reveal is the alternate artwork for Evil Twin Ki-sikil for Selection 5 (the reprint itself was confirmed in the original reveal for Evil Twins). This should be the last card for Selection 5, I guess.

Edit 24:
First promo of the Go Rush!! manga has been revealed.

Edit 25:
Full set list of Selection 5 has been revealed. Remaining reprints were Unchained Abomination, and Hieratic Seal of the Heavenly Spheres.

Edit 26:
Full list of Battles of Legend: Crystal Revenge has been revealed. Notable reprints include Zombie Synchros, and Blackwings.

Edit 27:
Day 1 of V-Jump reveals is the new V-Jump promo Sacred Sheep Tree Baromet.

Edit 28:
Day 2 of V-Jump reveals feature new cards for Traptrix Structure Deck, a new monster that searches their Field Spell, the aforementioned Field Spell, and a Normal Spell, as well as reprints.

Edit 29:
Today's reveals for Traptrix SD are Mekk-Knight Purple Nightfall, Mekk-Knight Blue Sky, and Raigeki reprints.

Edit 30:
The actual full list of Battles of Legend: Crystal Revenge has been revealed. Previously unlisted Starlight Rares are Yata-Garasu, Blackwing Armor Master, Super Polymerization, and the Exodia part reprints.

Edit 31:
Day 3 of V-Jump reveals are the Secret Rare Special Blue Version reprints of Holographic Rares from previous 11 sets for Secret Utility Box, starting from Eternity Code to Photon Hypernova.

Edit 32:
Day 4 of V-Jump reveals are two new cards for Secret Utility Box, bunch of reprints, and other goods from the set. The new cards are a new Number Normal Spell for Galaxy-Eyes, and a Rokket monster that works for both Borrels, and Code Talkers.

Edit 33:
Day 5 of V-Jump reveals first new cards for Cyberstorm Access, which are:
*Two new Firewall monsters that make Firewall series into an official archetype.
*1 Level 1 Cyberse Ritual Tuner monster
*1 Level 6 Cyberse Fusion Monster
*A Link-6 Firewall
*A new Code Talker that supports Firewalls
*A Cynet Quick-Play Spell Card
*And a Cynet Normal Trap that supports Firewalls.

Previous news:
Saikyo Jump Cyber Dragon promo's effects have been revealed.
Go Rush!! Switch game is getting another promo for its Strategy Guide.
Colored artwork for the Go Rush!! manga promo.

Pot cards in the OCG are getting their own figures, alongside Ultra Parallel Rare reprints of the cards. Moray of Avarice is obviously not included, as it is not yet in the OCG.

Edit 34:
Today's reprints for Traptrix SD are Artifact Moralltach, Harpie's Feather Duster, and Artifact Sanctum.

First OCG Stories promo is Love Magus - Ciela, a Level 6 WATER Machine for Sky Strikers.

Premium Pack 2023 is announced, and it features:
*Blackwing - Sharnga the Waning Moon from 5D's manga.
*Photon Jump from ZEXAL manga.
*Miyoshi Artwork version of Raye, War Magus - Aakas, and Wisdom Magus - Himmel, from OCG Stories manga.
*And a big guy in the background which this article doesn't specify.

Next month's promo is Sky Striker Ace - Azalea.

Edit 35:
No article for this yet, but apparently Jump Festa stuff will be on December 17th at 13:00-13:30 for OCG stuff, and on December 18th for Rush Duel stuff.

Edit 36:
Rush Duels will be at 11:00-11:30 JST for the above edit, and
Seems Japanese folk believe the Woodsman-like big guy from the Pack artwork is either Woodsman from Protection of the Elements, or an alternate artwork version.

Edit 37:
Full list of Structure Deck: Dark World has been revealed. The article lists the changes from OCG Dark World R.

Edit 38:
Rush Duel version of Dark Hole is revealed, and it is a Legend Card.

Edit 39:
Apparently second event is for Cross Duels, not Rush Duels.

Edit 40:
First batch of Premium Pack 2023 cards have been revealed, alongside the promo reprints. They are:
*Arms Regeneration from Yugi's Yugioh R Deck (later used by Yusei in 5D's manga)
*Duality and Shadow's Light from Chazz's Deck from GX manga.
*Rose Shaman from Akiza's Deck from 5D's manga
*Cattycorn from Captain Corn, and Photon Jumper from Kite's Deck from ZEXAL manga
*Synchro Zone from Ren's Deck from ARC-V manga
*And the Sky Striker stuff from OCG Stories.

Edit 41:
Merchandise of the Secret Utility Box has been revealed, and apparently crests represent recent generic boss monsters.

Edit 42:
New TCG banlist is here.

Edit 43:
Looks like December's Duel Links unlock is going to be Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki.

Edit 44:
Next TCG World Premiere set is Maze of Memories, coming on March 9th (possibly 10th for US?). It features new Fusion monsters for Paradox Brothers' Gate Guardian pieces as World Premiere cards, as well as the remaining History Archive Collection cards.

Paradox Brothers' cards were reprinted in Midterm Paradox, but some might get rereprinted here.

Edit 45:
Today's reveals are Retaliating "C", and Maxx "C" reprints for Traptrix SD.

Edit 46:
Both OCG and Rush Duels are getting Promotion Packs for Jump Festa 2023 (2022's Jump Festa). Rush Duel Promotion Pack features Rush Duel version of Garnecia Elefantis.

December 2022 Duel Links event suggest Scarlett Starling, or Girag imitating her, will be December ZEXAL unlock. Yeah, this is a thing now.

Edit 47:
Today's reveal is March's set, Deck Build Pack: Wind Survivors, which is coming on March 18th, 2023. The set is not going to be necessarily Wind focused, since it uses the Katakana spelling rather than Kanji, which is how the Attribute is spelled.

This is also most likely the final set of Series 11 overall. We will learn about the April set sometime in mid-December.

Edit: Correction, it is Wild Survivors. Not Wind. Lol.

Edit 48:
First World Premiere Card of Photon Hypernova is Gold Pride - Leon, a Level 3 WIND Warrior Tuner, for the new Gold Pride archetype (which doesn't seem like it is going to be WIND Warriors, given this card's effect).

Edit 49:
Reference artwork for Pot of Avarice is here.

Edit 50:
Final new card of Traptrix SD, and the final pre-release reveal of the SD overall is Traptrix Holetaea, a Normal Trap that works as a Pseudo-Trap monster.

Edit 51:
Full list of Traptrix SD has been revealed. The remaining reprints were:
*Fire Hand
*Ice Hand
*Thunder Hand
*Trap Hole
*The Phantom Knights of Shade Brigandine
*Gozen Match

Also, Bottomless Trap Hole and Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare have two copies, meaning the set overall has 48 cards, making it the largest among modern Structure Decks.

Edit 52:
No translations yet, but some of the Premium Pack cards have been revealed:
Blackwing - Sharnga the Waning Moon from 5D's manga (Spelling above is also corrected.)
Golden Rule, the Crystal Beast Equip Spell from GX animé.
Protection of the Elements from GX manga.
Mendo Cino's Praying Mantis and Guard Mantis monsters from YGO-R manga.

Previous news:
Next Saikyo Jump promo for Rush Duels is, or rather was, Hacking Dragon.

Edit 53:
We also have Yusei's Final Cross card from 5D's manga.

Edit 54:
Other remaining cards are:
Kyoji Yagumo's Mother Spider and Baby Spider from ZEXAL manga.
Isaac's Additional Mirror Level 7 from ARC-V manga.
Reiji's D/D/D/D Super-Dimensional Sovereign Emperor Zero Paradox from ARC-V manga.

Edit:
The article is here.

Edit 55:
Day 1 of V-Jump reveals are the remaining cards from Premium Pack 2023, already discussed above. This time YGOrganization has the proper effect translations.

Edit 56:
December unlock for Duel Links has been confirmed to be Girag.

Edit 57:
Today's reference artwork is for Pot of Benevolence. There is no article for it yet, though.

Edit 58:
Day 2 of V-Jump reveals is the next V-Jump promo, Sky Striker Ace - Azalea, which is a Link-2 monster.

Edit 59:
Today's reveals are Frightfur Patchwork, Raidraptor - Force Strix, and F.A. Dawn Dragster reprints for Secret Utility Box.

Edit 60:
Day 3 of V-Jump reveals are Odd-Eyes Rebellion Xyz Dragon, and bunch of reprints for Secret Utility Box.

Edit 61:
First batch of Tournament Pack 2023 Vol. 1 for January 1st, 2023 have been revealed, and they are:
*Stardust Charge Warrior
*Cyberse Witch
*Mound of the Bound Creator
*Black Horn of Heaven

Girag's Duel Links quotes reconfirm Mizar (previously revealed in Kite's dialogues), but also Alito, Vector, and Don Thousand.

Edit 62:
Day 4 of V-Jump reveals feature Noboru Gongenzaka/Gong Strong's Superheavy Samurais' new supports, including:
*3 Main Deck monsters, one Tuner, one Regular, and one Superheavy Samurai Soul
*2 Main Deck Pendulum Monsters, one DARK Machine Tuner, and one being a retrain of Big Benkei
*A new Level 12 Synchro
*Archetype's first Pendulum Synchro, a Level 8 DARK Machine monster.
Superheavy Samurais were one of the remaining themes from the previous Structure Deck poll (https://ygorganization.com/someonefromrdonceaskedwhatibevendoes/), but Gong/Gongenzaka has more than the usual 4-5 cards, with 7 new cards making him the largest secondary legacy animé support in Series 11 sets, if not since VRAINS. This partially has to do with the fact that Superheavy Samurais don't have Spell/Traps so they need lots of redundancy, but also Gong/Gongenzaka is Yuya's best friend so he gets special privileges.

Edit 63:
Full schedule of Jump Festa regarding Yugioh has been revealed. The Jump Festa Cyberstorm Access stream will be at 15:50 JST on January 17th at this link:
There will also be an earlier stream at 11:15 JST:

Rush Duel stuff will be on 14:00 JST. For December 17th:
And December 18th:

(17th will likely tell us about Go Rush!!'s second season.)

Edit 64:
Pot of Riches got its Reference Artwork posted on Friday (December 9th), but YGOrganization only managed to post the article today.

Edit 65:
OCG January 1st, 2023 banlist here, alongside two reprints for Rarity Collection - Quarter-Century Edition. They are Ancient Fairy Dragon (which is now has an errata), and Change of Heart (no errata, already Limited in TCG).

Edit 66:
Day 5 of V-Jump reveals are more Visas Starfrost support.

Edit 67:
Day 5 Part 2 of V-Jump reveals feature the new Manadome archetype, the Synchro archetype of the Visas Starfrost storyline.

Edit 68:
Day 6 of V-Jump reveals feature new support for the Amazing Defenders archetypes. Purrely gets a new monster and a Quick-Play Spell Card, Mikanko gets a new monster and an Equip Spell Card, and Rescue-ACE gets a new Normal Trap Card.

Edit 69:
Day 7 of V-Jump reveals feature the new Rarity Collection - Quarter-Century Edition's reprints.

Edit 70:
Today's reveals for Secret Utility Box are reprints of Junk Converter, Predaplant Triphyoverutum, and Predapractice.

Edit 71:
Second batch of Tournament Pack 2023 Vol. 1 reprints are:
*Supeheavy Samurai Big Benkei
*Supeheavy Samurai Scales
*Constellar Ptolemy M7
*Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

Edit 72:
Next V-Jump promo is Superheavy Samurai Constable.
Pack Cover of the Double Star of the Assault features The☆Lugh.

Edit 73:
OCG Stream has ended hours ago, and here's the news:
Final new card for Secret Utility Box is Armed Neos, which is a Fusion between Neos and Armed Dragon Thunder LV10.
Eldlich the Golden Lord and Knightmare Unicorn alternate artworks are confirmed for Rarity Collection - Quarter Century Edition.
More news about Pot Collection.
Monster Figure Collection will include the original 4 Charmers and I:p Masquerena.
Other stuff. Stream Link:
Contents of OCG Promotion Pack has also been revealed.
Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring and Nibiru the Primal Being are also being reprinted in Rarity Collection - Quarter Century Edition. Other Monster Collection Figures planned are the two Sky Striker Aces, Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Gemini Elf, and Apprentice Illusion Magician.

For Rush Duels:
More cards for Double Star of the Assault, but most of them are only artworks. Gilford the Lightning is getting a Legend Card version in Rush Duels.
Other Rush Duel news.
Rush Duel Promotion Pack's contents have been revealed, and it features Rush Duel versions of Silent Doom and Widespread Ruin.
The stream link:

I'll post Cyberstorm Access stream's contents later.

Edit 74:
Cyberstorm Access stream's contents:
New tellarknight support that doubles as Constellar support.
A new Normal Summon only monster with a Pseudo-Flip effect.
New Solfachord support, but it is just two cards.

The stream's link is here:
(This is it for 17th December 2023. We'll see if tomorrow has any news.)

Edit 75:
Two new characters will appear in GO RUSH!!, and one more character is silhouetted.
Cover card for Rush Duel Legend Awakening Pack is Rush Duel version of Five-Headed Dragon, everybody's animé filler boss.
Second Rush Duel stream link:

Edit 76:
Rush Duels will also have banlists from now on (though there is no Forbidden cards yet), and the banlist regulations will be added to the GO RUSH!! Switch game.

Edit 77:
Five-Headed Dragon's Rush Duel version's text has been revealed.

Edit 78:
Next Rush Duel set is called VS Pack: Maximum Force, and it will be releasing on April 8th, 2023.

Edit 79:
Next main set is called Duelist Nexus, which will be coming on April 22nd, 2022. It will feature Quarter Century Secret Rare rarity instead of Prismatic Secret Rare rarity for the 25th anniversary, but +1 Bonus Packs will remain. (The official blurb does not state this but this should also be the first Series 12 set, besides the Rush Duel one of course.)
Edit:
The article is here.
(The name is a homage to the 5D's era set, Duelist Revolution, and one of the 5D's era OPs, Believe in Nexus, but this should be a DM focused set, since it is the start of a new Series.)

Edit 80:
Today's reveal is Infinitrack Road Roller for Cyberstorm Access, a Level 5 EARTH Machine for Infinitracks.

Edit 81:
Next TCG set is Legendary Collection: 25th Anniversary Edition, releasing on April 4th, 2023, will feature rereleases of Legend of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant, Dark Crisis, and Invasion of Chaos, which will also be released as individual packs on July 13th, 2023.

Edit 82:
Third batch of Tournament Pack 2023 Vol. 1 reprints are:
*Yamata Dragon
*Aratama
*Infinitrack River Stormer
*Satellarknight Skybridge

Edit 83:
Reference artwork for Pot of Duality has been released.

OCG is doing its own 25th Anniversary Project, which is coming on February 2023.

Edit 84:
TCG version of Cyberstorm Access is coming on May 5th, 2023.

Edit 85:
The remaining reprints for Secret Utility Box have been leaked and they are:
*Plaguespreader Zombie
*Rikka Petal
*Naturia Exterio
*Folgo, Justice Fur Hire
*Abyss Script - Rise of the Abyss King

Edit 86:
The full list of Secret Utility Box has been revealed. The final reprints are:
*Fabled Kushano
*Chronomaly Crystal Skull
*Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon
*The Weather Snowy Canvas
*Gem-Knight Phantom Quartz
*Revendread Executor
*Zerrziel, Ruler of the Evil Eyed
*Loptr, Shadow of the Generaider Bosses.

Edit 87:
Today's reveal is Amazement Dominator Arlekino, a retrain of Amazement Administrator Arlekino. Its artwork features Scapeghost and Wretched Ghost of the Attic.

Edit 88:
Contents of Secret Ace Pack 2022 Vol. 4 have been revealed.
Contents of Battle Pack 2022 Vol. 4 have also been revealed. It features reprint of Widespread Ruin with original OCG artwork, and Rush Duel versions of Aitsu and Fairy Dragon.

Today's reveal feature 5 new cards for Dream Mirror, including the archetype's first Pendulum Monster (which is also a Special Summon Monster), 2 Level 10 Beasts, a Continuous Spell, and a Normal Spell.
Edit:
Apparently it is a completely new archetype called Nemurelia that uses the same aesthetic.

Edit 89:
Final reprints of Tournament Pack 2023 Vol. 1 are:
*Parallel eXceed
*Where Arf Thou?
*DoSolfachord Cutia
*Sky Striker Ace Token

Edit 90:
Reference artwork for Pot of Dichotomy has been revealed.

Edit 91:
For today's reveal Visas Starfrost got another Normal Trap.

Edit 92:
Today's reveal is a Synchro for Bystial, which I'm guessing is supposed to be the Synchro for Red Cartesia, the Virtuous.

GO RUSH!! Switch game is getting updates up to Over Rush Pack, alongside new rules and limitations.

Edit 93:
Varis/Revolver is January's Duel Links unlock character, and Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki will be January's Roaming character, meaning he is most likely going to be our February unlock.

Edit 94:
Today's reveal is a new Albaz Fusion.

Edit 95:
Today's reveal is a Synchro for Despia, which I'm guessing is supposed to be the Synchro comination of Red Cartesia and Fleurdelis.

Edit 96:
Today's reveal is a new Virtual World Xyz Monster, based on the White Tiger.

Edit 97:
The new year, 2023's first reveal is Bunny Instruct-ear, a Level 1 Beast-Warrior.

Edit 98:
Today's other reveal is Time-Rending Morganite, a Normal Spell.

Rush Duel version of Gilford the Legend has been revealed.

Edit 99:
Day 1 of V-Jump reveals feature a new Beetrooper Fusion, and the color artof Libromancer Origin.

Edit 100:
Today's reveal is First Purchase of the Year, a generic Normal Trap.

Edit 101:
Day 2 of V-Jump reveals feature new Abyss storyline support, a Swordsoul Normal Spell, a Tri-Brigade Quick-Play Spell, and a Branded Normal Trap.

Edit 102:
Today's reveal is a new Continuous Spell for Gunkans.

Edit 103:
Day 3 of V-Jump reveals feature the blurbs of the new themes for Deck Build Pack: Wild Survivors, with the artworks of their boss monsters.

Edit 104:
Today's reveal is Chaos Angel, a Level 10 DARK Fiend Chaos Synchro.

Edit 105:
Today's reveal is Double Hooking, a Continuous Trap with a similar effect to Call of the Haunted.

Edit 106:
Today's reveal is Fusion Duplication, a Normal Trap that copies the effects of Fusion and Polymerization Normal Spells and Quick-Play Spells.

Edit 107:
Day 4 of V-Jump reveals feature the effects of the next V-Jump promo.

Edit 108:
Today's reveal is Dual Avatar Lion Envoys - Ah-Un, a Level 4 LIGHT Warrior Fusion for Dual Avatars, featuring the titular Dual Avatar Spirits.

Edit 109:
Today's reveal is S-Force Nightchaser, a LINK-1 Link Monster for S-Forces.

Edit 110:
Day 5 of V-Jump reveals feature the remaining Abyss storyline cards, except for one remaining Spell, that will likely be revealed later today.

Slight correction to above with this reveal, it seems Dis Pater uses the new Aluber Tuner in this batch rather than Cartesia.

Edit 111:
Today's reveal is Trap Track, a Normal Trap that supports Normal Traps that is related to the Traptrix.

Edit 112:
Day 6 of V-Jump reveals feature new reprints for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.

TCG set list for Amazing Defenders is here. All the reprints of the OCG version remains. Notable additional reprints of old cards include Card Trooper, Sauravis, the Ancient and Ascended, Machine Duplication, Overlay Regen, Sprite's Blessing, and Xyz Reborn.

Edit 113:
A new batch of Power Pros promos are coming on January 16th-February 13th, featuring an alternate parody artwork of Reinforcement of the Army, and Powerful Pro Knights Sisters, a Normal Monster parody of Noble Knight Brothers.

Today's reveal is Dinomorphia Intact, a Counter Trap for Dinomorphias.

Edit 114:
Day 7 of V-Jump reveals feature even more reprints for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.
Edit:
The article is here.

Edit 115:
Today's reveal, and the final Abyss storyline card of Cyberstorm Access if not overall, and the final pre-release card of Cyberstorm Access, is The Boundless Open Land, a Field Spell for Fallen of Albaz, and the Main Deck monsters that mention him.

(Even if we don't get a continuation in Series 12, there will be some legacy support for the themes of this storyline, obviously.)

Edit 116:
Day 8 of V-Jump reveals feature more reprints for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.

Edit 117:
Reference artworks for the new Visas Starfrost storyline boss monsters, and the new Mikanko are here. The article is not here yet.
Edit:
The article is here.

Edit 118:
The final cards of Cyberstorm Access are leaking.
First card is Full Active Duprex, the very first Level 9 WIND Cyberse monster, which is also the very first Level 9 Cyberse monster overall. It supports Link, and Cyberse monsters.
Second card is Harvest Angel of Doom, a DARK Pendulum retrain of Harvest Angel of Wisdom that supports Horn of Heaven, and Black Horn of Heaven, but not Grand Horn of Heaven.
Third card is Sakitama, the third Mitama card following on Nikitama, and Aratama. It is of course a Spirit monster that supports other Spirit monsters. (Last remaining Mitama is Kushi Mitama, sometimes spelled as Kusi Mitama.)
Fourth card is Yukai na Rin no Kitsunebi Yurara, a FIRE Warrior monster that converts all monsters on the field to FIRE, and Special Summons itself if your opponent has FIRE monsters in their GY, or on their field.
Fifth card is Ringowurm the Hundred Apple Dragon, a LIGHT Dragon Tuner that supports non-Effect Monsters, and generates Wyrm-Type Hundred Apple Tokens that can been treated as Tuners.
Sixth card is Pendulumoon, a Level 1 DARK Pendulum retrain of the currently OCG-exclusive LaMoon with 0 Pendulum Scale. It supports Pendulum Monsters, and Pendulum Monsters of Pendulum archetype.
Seventh card, and the final monster is Wannabee!, a LIGHT Insect that excavates, and Sets Traps.
Eight card, and the final card overall, is Ton-Ton, a Quick-Play Spell that brings altered Levels, ATK, and DEF back to their normal by paying LP, and can Set itself from GY if you have the same LP as your opponent during your Main Phase.

Edit 119:
Reference artwork of Ecclesia, and Albaz (and Kitt), from The Boundless Open Land is here. Apparently the eye things in Despia-related cards are the remnants of the previous Holy Maidens of Dogmatika, and their buddy is supposed to be 317th (which might make her like their distant aunt or something). Soot buddy is from Ecclesia's hammer.

Edit 120:
Forgot the YGOrganization link for above. It is added now.
Reference artworks for Spirit of the Pot of Greed, Moray of Greed, and Shard of Greed are here.

Edit 121:
The next V-Jump promo card is called Saincred Magician, which is a retrain of Magician of Faith (Saint Magician in Japanese).

Apparently there is going to be more cards for 25th Anniversary like this.
More details of the second Power Pros collab are here.

Edit 122:
Rescue-ACE Fire Engine's reference artwork is here.

Edit 123:
Today's reveal is Wynn the Wind Channeler reprint for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.
Edit:
The article is here.

In addition to Five-Headed Dragon, Legend Awakening Pack will feature the Rush Duel version of Polymerization as a Legend Card. You can now Fuse from your hand.

Edit 124:
Reference artworks for Pot of Extravagance and Pot of Desires are here.

Edit 125:
Reference artwork for Machvio of the Ultimate Aria, the new WIND Psychic Rush Duel boss, is here.

Edit 126:
Next Valuable Book EX, The Valuable Book EX3, is coming on March 17th, 2023. Going by previous promos, this year's promos should be focused on Power of the Elements, and Photon Hypernova.

Edit 127:
The final three characters for Speed Duel GX: Duelists of Shadows are confirmed to be Nightshroud Atticus, Adrian Gecko, and Kagemaru.

Edit 128:
Reference artwork for the Rush Duel card Drukmoor the Skysavior Phantom is here.

Edit 129:
Next Duelist Pack is called Duelists of Explosion (lit. Explosive Flame). It is coming on May 27th, 2023, and it will focus on FIRE Attribute users.

As always, characters that appear in this set will get some of their remaining cards printed in this year's Animation Chronicle.

Edit:
A few notes regarding this:
**The Kanji for the set doesn't suggest anything important, though it seems to imply Hunter Pace (Japanese name: Mukuro Enjo) might be part of this set, because of the En part (The name of the set is "Bakuen" with Kanji for Explosion (Baku), and for Fire (En)). For those wondering, the only cards with this Kanji combination are Legendary Flame Lord, Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective, and Thestalos the Mega Monarch.
**There are also sleeves for Yugi and Kaiba in this news article, which seem to be inspired by the same sleeves for their Structure Decks in the ARC-V era. This suggests Magnet Warriors, and A-to-Z monsters will be the cover theme(s) for Duelist Nexus, since those were the themes that got support in those Structure Decks.

Next pack for Rush Duels is called Oblivion of the Flash!! No "Deck Modification Pack" title this time around, interestingly. It is coming on May 13th, 2023.

Edit 130:
This one doesn't have a YGOrganization article, but the Rush Duel card Digrace the Skysavior Radiance's artwork is also here.

Varis/Revolver teaser from the DL Twitter account confirm we will get the Season 2 Varis, not the Season 1 one.

The leaked skills for Varis/Revolver are here.

Edit 131:
Set specifications for Duelists of Explosion confirm there will be one more card than the usual, and it will be another Super Rare, meaning one of the three duelists is going to get one more additional new card support (most likely the cover archetype, which is most likely going to be Soulburner).

Edit 132:
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki is the next Duel Links unlock, following on his Roaming Event in this month, January.

Edit 133:
Today's reveal is the Called by the Grave reprint for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.
Edit:
The article is here.

Edit 134:
Further clarification for Duelists of Explosion, apparently one of the Ultra Rares will be an additional reprint, so we will get the same amount of new cards, only this time around instead of 6 Ultra Rares, and 6 Super Rares, we are getting 5 Ultra Rares, and 7 Super Rares, so one character will have a lower rarity new card.

Edit 135:
The first World Premiere reveals for Photon Hypernova feature the Gold Prides (Leon was already revealed).

Edit 136:
Varis/Revolver's dialogues reconfirm Ghost Gal/Ghost Girl, but also The Shepherd/Blood Shepherd, and Lightning (as "Hikari no Ignis", Ignis of Light). Not sure if he has lines for Windy.

Edit 137:
The remaining World Premieres and formerly OCG-exclusive cards for Photon Hypernova is here. The formerly OCG-only cards this time around are the Pharaonic Legend Pack cards, plus Green Ninja, Zexstagger, Qardan, Cassimolar, and Queen Butterfly Danaus.

Edit:
Full set has been revealed.

Edit 138:
Reference artwork for Pot of Prosperity has been revealed.

Edit 139:
Reference artwork for Gold Pride - Leon is here.

Edit 140:
Rush Duel version of Great Maju Garzett has been revealed, and it is a Legend Card. (There is also a Rush Duel retrain of Embryonic Beast).

Edit 141:
Today's reveal is Infinite Impermanence reprint for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.
Edit:
The article is here.

We also have the Rush Duel versions of Melchid the Four-Face Beast, and Grand Tiki Elder.

Edit 142:
Reference artwork for Gold Pride - Star Leon is here.

Edit 143:
Day 1 of V-Jump reveals feature reprints for Rarity Collection -Quarter-Century Edition-.
Edit:
The article is here.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

jaden767

Amphetamine
Is there a reason why so many TCG sets have had a lack of quality control this year? I have so many cards ever since the Water themed Legendary Duelist set came out that have been cut weirdly and awkwardly and I even emailed Konami's TCG support team as politely as I could and provided pictures of the cards but got no response.

The only sets that have had satisfactory quality are the Crystal Beast structure deck and the Ghosts from the Past 2 set. :(

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is there a reason why so many TCG sets have had a lack of quality control this year? I have so many cards ever since the Water themed Legendary Duelist set came out that have been cut weirdly and awkwardly and I even emailed Konami's TCG support team as politely as I could and provided pictures of the cards but got no response.

The only sets that have had satisfactory quality are the Crystal Beast structure deck and the Ghosts from the Past 2 set. :(
Are you getting them from official sources and not the secondhand market? I know counterfeits can have similar things.

On the bright side, if they are genuine misprints, which happens a lot in first printings, they'll be worth more when the fixed version comes out.

J. D. Guy

Ancient Fairy Dragon will probably get unbanned with an erratum once they're ready to print Luna.Deck support.
And Ancient Fairy Dragon is getting unbanned in the OCG starting January 2023, with an erratum to boot.

I think we can expect forthcoming Luna!Support in 2023.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Mind, they're still be teasing about that, so we don't official know it's him.

Of course, they straight up say Kaizo is Kaizo, sooooo...
Same voice actor, same music from SEVENS, same cards and like you said, Kaizo is back too.