• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Discussion

Crawley007

I wouldn't care if I won that way lol Sportsmanship is overated.
I would lmao if someone mst'd their own mirror force. I've never made a mistake like that on a game xD

Offline battles have problems, too... your opponent might see your cards while you're shuffling, or you might accidentally show them your hand, or you might look at a card to see what it is cause you forgot and then accidentally flip it face up and then your opponent knows what it is.

Crawley007

That's true. But to careful, skilled players that doesn't happen very often.

I've recently made a Junk Doppel and GB deck...Now, something weird happens.

I'm playing a buddy who uses Samurais, I always go to him when I want to test a new deck.

Now, I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, Junk Doppel has a very good chance against Samurai, where GB one of their worst matchups is Samurai.

And guess what happens? After like a dozen matches, I've lost over 50% of the time with JD, and won over 50% when using GB...

ndralcasid

1st of da month
^the Sam matchup is far from GB's worst. It's doable for the most part. Also, your doing it wrong if you're losing over 50% with Doppel, lol

Crawley007

Ever since Sams started maining opression, it is one of the worst.

But yeah I figured I must be doing something wrong...but how do you explain Doppel no where's near topping if they're so much better supposedly? Strictly talking TCG of course. No one seems to run it at all. I heard that's just because we have GKs in the TCG.

Last edited:

ndralcasid

1st of da month
I think GBs should be maining outs to Oppression in the first place. It's a widely known problem card for them that multiple decks use.

The big thing is Tengu. Plant engine is a lot worse in Doppel and in turn, Tengu isn't as brain dead busted. However, it does have a better Sam matchup than other variants, though as you touched on, it's GK matchup is worse.

Crawley007

Oh, I do have ways to get rid of Royal Opression, 2 MST in main and 2 DT in side. But I never seem to get them when I want them.

GK must be the big difference why OCG JD is smashing and over here you hardly hear whisper of it. Oh plus no TG Librarian yet. But Doppel isn't the only deck that benefits from it.

My problem using Doppel is I always want to go into Frozen Fitzgerald.
I'm so paranoid and scared of traps it's the only way I feel safe, so my other Lv.5's rarely see use, which is probably a big mistake.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
I don't think GK is the absolute reason for it....Junk Doppel has exactly the same answers to Necro as the other variants, though it is a little for harder for them if for some reason, they don't draw them. But I play Junk Doppel and I never have problems with GK. 2 MST, 3 Ryko, and usually a Lyla is more than enough outs.

Fritz I think is one of the best outs to Stardust and Shien. With DPrison everywhere now, it's actually not a bad option. I would put Hyper Librarian as a bigger priority to the extra deck though.

Crawley007

I actually have 2 MST and 2 DT both in main deck in the Doppel I use...I find it works well.

I would put more emphasis on Librarian if it was legal right now. SOON!
Scary card.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
If by scary, you mean absolutely stupid that needs to be banned to save this game, then yes, it's scary, lol

ndralcasid

1st of da month
If you do it right, 1 is pretty much as good as 3, just like DSF was back then. Just one can lead to a near double digit plus in the right hands.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I wouldn't care if I won that way lol Sportsmanship is overated.
I would lmao if someone mst'd their own mirror force. I've never made a mistake like that on a game xD

And then someday you do, and you b'aw when someone doesn't let you take it back and they swing at you for game.

Also, there's no way to MST your Mirror Force on DN. So what if you click on your face-down? I can't imagine what jerk would just say "nope you clicked on that it's gone".

Ever since Sams started maining opression, it is one of the worst.

But yeah I figured I must be doing something wrong...but how do you explain Doppel no where's near topping if they're so much better supposedly? Strictly talking TCG of course. No one seems to run it at all. I heard that's just because we have GKs in the TCG.

No one plays Doppel Plant now that Tengu is around, since Tengu Plant is better. That's why it beats out Samurai easy.

Doppel is still better than Sams though.

Hmm I don't know really. Banned? What would happen if it went to 1? Would that make a large enough difference?

Nope. It would lead to one less drawn card but you can still go Quasar. Triple PoA doesn't care about a single copy of a Synchro.

Hmm...well we'll have to see where Konami takes this.

Just found this... http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tribe-Shocking_Virus

Terrible attempt at a less broken version of TIV. Could see use in Mirror Matches, if that.

They've made worse replacements.

Crawley007

And then someday you do, and you b'aw when someone doesn't let you take it back and they swing at you for game.

Lol yeah...no. I'm actually so bad for that, that I won't even accept a win if I think it was based TOO much on luck. So I would never let someone let me correct a mistake.

Ahhhh so many abbreviations of cards I don't know. What's DSF, GB, and JD? JD = Judgment Dragon?

Crawley007

DSF= Dark Strike Fighter, the banned Synchro
GB=Gladiator Beast
JD= Judgment Dragon BUT I was using it to say Junk Doppel :p

This is why abbreviations are bad... so confusing to keep track of, especially if cards have the same abbreviation.

Wonder how long before they have Synchro Elemental Heroes...? (Probably never)

Crawley007

While i don't think Synchros will ever die completely, I doubt much more new ones will be out. If anything a Hero Xyz.