• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Discussion

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
While i don't think Synchros will ever die completely, I doubt much more new ones will be out. If anything a Hero Xyz.

That would be a pretty intresting Hero card if that came out as a Xyz actually. I do agree though sychros never die, becuase there some useful cards like Trishula, Stardust Dragon and most not all 5d dragons, and other random sychros.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
The first several synchros made the power creep so ridiculous that it ensured that they're always going to stay relevant.

Crawley007

You know, I thought of a way they might bring Synchro back a bit down the line. Remember Synchro Fusions? Fusions that use Synchros as Material?

Well what about Xyz Synchros? It would be like

1 Lv.4 TUNER + 1 Lv.4 = Rank 4

Still need to be the same level but would bring Tuners back into the mix.
I know it's completely unecessary but so were Synchro Fusions. I don't think anyone uses any of the Synchro Fusions cept sometimes Draco Equiste.

Xyz? Those are the thingies called Exceed Summons in Japan, right? Cause if so, I had some idea later (Like around when 5D's started doing Synchros requiring Synchros) for Xyz Summoning using Xyz monsters (Two Rank 3 monsters?)

Last edited:

Zekrom_Lover

Cheese puffzzz
What are you guys tlkin bout?

Mikau

Better then you
Heh, I got this Greymon card today and it wrecks house...... yeah even while typing couldn't keep a straight face. Anywho, I saw the word Hero appear and I just have to mention Nova Master is almost here, huzzah.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
I'm soooo close to playing only non-strangers on Dueling Network. I swear 75% of the people I play are idiots

Crawley007

On a non yugioh related topic; what did you expect? 75% of the world's entire population is stupid let alone Duel Network xD

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Heh, I got this Greymon card today and it wrecks house...... yeah even while typing couldn't keep a straight face. Anywho, I saw the word Hero appear and I just have to mention Nova Master is almost here, huzzah.

Once Escuraido comes you can just go triple Super Poly and wreck face against everything.

I'm soooo close to playing only non-strangers on Dueling Network. I swear 75% of the people I play are idiots

Someone treated a Karakuri Nispachi like a Giant Rat against me. He just...did.

Still won cause lol Book of Moon during Trap Stun.

Crawley007

Anyone here ever use Dragunity? I'm really new to the concept of them but decided to try them out after getting wrecked by them one time. And after reading how bad everyone says they are right now.

So far I really like them. I'm like Samurais with first turn Shien, I usually 50% of the time have first turn Dragon Ravine and a Stardust out to protect it. And sometimes more.

I also really like Trident (not dragion, I mean Dragunity Trident) .
It's so funny to use his effect and have all 3 of their Shiens automatically in the grave turn one. It is a big -3, and I'm sure there are better ways around it but it's just too hilarious to pass up.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
Anyone here ever use Dragunity? I'm really new to the concept of them but decided to try them out after getting wrecked by them one time. And after reading how bad everyone says they are right now.

So far I really like them. I'm like Samurais with first turn Shien, I usually 50% of the time have first turn Dragon Ravine and a Stardust out to protect it. And sometimes more.

I also really like Trident (not dragion, I mean Dragunity Trident) .
It's so funny to use his effect and have all 3 of their Shiens automatically in the grave turn one. It is a big -3, and I'm sure there are better ways around it but it's just too hilarious to pass up.

Dragunities are pretty much overhyped.

Similar to Necro/GK, Dragunities pretty much cannot function without Ravine. It's such a key card, that I think this is the only deck that actually regularly maxes out Terraforming.

Veiler screws this deck more so than any other deck. There's just soooo many ways to stop their main plays right now, that the deck overall is such a tough metagame call.

The thing that kills Trident for me is the fact it's a level 7. Unlike 6 and 8, Dragunities don't have single card level 7s and need to set up to make them. 7 is a lot tougher of a number to make with the typical summoning condition of a Dragunity Synchro. Other than Phalanx/Aklys + Vortex, all the options forces you to use the more mediocre Dragunities to make Trident.

Crawley007

Yet GK are creaming even though they rely on their field spell heavily.
Both can survive without their field spell although Dragunity have a harder time. And Stardust protects Ravine pretty well. And luckily the terraformings are never dead since you can use them for Ravine's cost.

I realize it's far from Tier 1 but I think it's a solid Tier 2.

I can get Trident out with Pilum. I only use 1, but it doesn't hurt at all. It isn't one of the best Dragunity but it's far from worst.

I don't plan to seriously use them anyway. Just kind of bored waiting for Exceeds, wanted to try some new stuff.
Definetely going to stick with my GKs when that time comes.

Last edited:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
GK does not rely on their field spell heavily.

They have Spy/Recruiter/Descendent supplying a stream of monsters and removal, as well as a large supply of Traps to stop everything.

The only Dragunity Synchros you can use easily are Vaj and Gae Daerg, the later of which is not too useful. Unless some crazy combination has not been discovered yet, there's no simple way to get out the others.

Crawley007

Yeah let's try banning NecroValley and see how far GKs get...right...
Dragunity at least can still do everything they can with Ravine, without it. They'd just be slow as hell and not stand a chance.
Gk can't Tribute or use Assailant's effect or get over other monsters without Descendant. But they would do a fair bit better without their field than Dragunity because they lose no speed. If NecroValley was gone, they'd be wrecked by some of the common decks today like Plants.

And without Necrovalley GKs can't even get around a fly by attacking...of course you don't need it if you have Descendant and enough Gravekeepers.

Every Dragunity Synchro is easy to get out with the exception of Trident.
Unless you meant to say the only Dragunitys that are WORTH getting out, then you're right.

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Well, I would like to point out that I don 't get why Monster Reborn isn 't able to use. After all, it isn 't a good card for starting the game, when you don 't have any good monster at the Graveyard. I guess that the Jester Lord is too much powerful for don 't being Forbidden. It has 0 Attack/0 Defense, but if it is the only monster on your side of the field, it will get 1000 more atack points for each Magic/Trap card in your field.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Well, I would like to point out that I don 't get why Monster Reborn isn 't able to use. After all, it isn 't a good card for starting the game, when you don 't have any good monster at the Graveyard. I guess that the Jester Lord is too much powerful for don 't being Forbidden. It has 0 Attack/0 Defense, but if it is the only monster on your side of the field, it will get 1000 more atack points for each Magic/Trap card in your field.

Monster Reborn is not "isn't able to use". It's limited to 1. Who cares if you can't use it first turn? It's still extremely powerful and let's you make big plays or abuse things like the Plant engine.

Jester Lord is bad.

ndralcasid

1st of da month
The thing that hurts with lack of Necro isn't really lack of Tribute or Graveyard lockdown, but really, the lack of a power boost. The GK monsters a relatively weak with out it, and things go downhill if you don't have a good backrow.

Ravine is very important for setup. Basically, if you don't draw it and can't get Phalanx in the grave alongside proper support cards, you lose. If you DO get it setup, you gotta deal with the over million counters.

Crawley007

Definetely. But the Grave lockdown is just as important. Depends what deck your going against, sometimes more important than others.

I've still gotten the right setup without Ravine. Not very often though. Problem is Dragunity run too low monster count to work without Ravine.