• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Discussion

Yeah, the decks I'm currently using are crystal beast, toons, black wings, dragon fusion deck. Trying to finish my six samurai deck.

Mikau

Better then you
I just rebuilt my Dark Gaia deck. It's so fun watching my opponents get confused at what I'm doing. They always think I'm playing a Stun varient before I play Dark Calling.

Team Galactic Lv.X

Master Cyrus
I mainly use a "Marik" Deck I made using The Winged-Dragon of Ra (Shonen JUMP release), cards of his from Structure Deck Marik, and cards from him and his Rare Hunters that I happened to have (Revival Jam, Humanoid Worm Drake, etc). I also have a "Kaiba" Deck that focuses mostly on Dragon Cards, and has Five-Headed Dragon in it as well.

Mikau

Better then you
Yeah, I've seen a Toon deck wreck house before. But that was only one game, They did end up losing the match.

Dark Exxod

Porsche Novice
It isn't just the list. This game will never be balanced. When I say "balanced" I mean it as a verb, as in there will never be an attempt to truly balance the game. Even the game does feel balanced, no one tried to make that happen.

Oh, Trunade's gone? Heavy's back. Plants dead? Chaos comes out of nowhere. Tengu's still there, as is Tour Guide. This might be tolerable if these cards' rarities as well as their rulings with Xyz monsters didn't just exist to make Konami money. We shouldn't have to choose between evils. They should just be done with altogether.

idk i'm just trying to restate what i read here.

I've never seen this stuff in such perspective before. This list only cements all of this. This game will never be improved, only switched into a more ridiculous state.

Boo hoo. That's what banlist do, reduce, if not kill, the consistentcy of certain decks while improving the chances of another; deal with it. If you absolutely can't stand it, the best way to show Konami your frustration is by simply quiting and then sending them a letter that explains to Konami why you've chosen not to give them your money. Do you think they're blind to the fact that you complain about the state of the game, yet still spend your money on it? They don't care what you think or say as long as they keep recieving your money. Put your money where your mouth is and quit: it makes it easier on those of us who still play.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Boo hoo. That's what banlist do, reduce, if not kill, the consistentcy of certain decks while improving the chances of another; deal with it. If you absolutely can't stand it, the best way to show Konami your frustration is by simply quiting and then sending them a letter that explains to Konami why you've chosen not to give them your money. Do you think they're blind to the fact that you complain about the state of the game, yet still spend your money on it? They don't care what you think or say as long as they keep recieving your money. Put your money where your mouth is and quit: it makes it easier on those of us who still play.

Well, I did quit. There you go.

And is that what banlists should do? The second part, I mean. Maybe in Yugioh, but not other games. MtG, for instance, doesn't unban stuff outside of complications of rotation. When they ban a card it is because they admit it's badly designed and just have away with it. Maybe what bothers me with Yugioh is the lack of supplier-to-player communication? That strategy site is obviously just for making sales; there's no real truth in it. Yugioh likes to unban badly-designed and overpowered cards as well as make more badly-designed and overpowered cards.

And besides, it's not like I spent money on the game in the past two years; it's easy to play this game and not give anything to Konami. Their dreaded secondary market and give any starting player a perfect deck for their money.

But I'm not gonna act like the bad guy. I've played this game, competitively, in regionals and YCS's and with my nats-topping friends. (I'm not some idiot who thinks he knows the game after only playing with his friends in his basement in 2007) I have given them my money in the past, and then I resolved not to. I tried to enjoy the game for it's play and the people, but after Gencon I just didn't feel what I used to.

However, it isn't just the banlist, it isn't just the secondary market, it isn't just the rarities; though those are part of the reason I dislike the game to such an extent now. It's many things. I'm just convinced that this game isn't so great, both compared to other games and itself in the past. Or maybe it was always like this and I was just too blind with the fun I had. Maybe it's just me personally and seeing my friends quit when they go to college and just moving on that makes me see the other, negative things! Maybe I just happen to see the game in a way that you only can once you've resolved to stop playing it irl. I definitely never saw it this way when I wanted to play at locals every week.

I feel like if I rant anymore I'm going to offend someone (even more). I don't care that Konami won't see this complaint, it just bothers me that others can't at least see the flaws, even if they continue to the play. I have no problem with the players! Except the rude ones which are a lot of them. If they want to play to have fun go ahead, that's what I was doing; it's all I've ever done. I just got tired of it, and it's likely just a personal issue. I may think the game is in a damaged state, but anything father than that is purely because of me being all angsty towards the game. Could that be the attitude required to look at Yugioh critically? Who knows, but I'm not about to try to put myself on a pedestal here.

toon decks would be a lot better if they were consistently made

dropping some mermaids and making a Roach with them is awesome

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Disaster Dragon > All

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

KingBravest

I havent used my deck in a while but I remember Jaden was my hero, I constructed a deck I still have but it's more of a Yuma from Zexal deck just not as cool sense we didnt have XYZ summons back then. In my PSP game I loved the Toon Monsters though and ritual summons, Waek effect Monsters win over strong cards Any day when used correctly, One of My fave Cards is Treeborn Frog, I would post my 40 card deck but I guess thats not what here is for... it needs some major updates also

Last edited:

jab2033

I haven't played with cards in real life for a while, but I do play the WC games. Got WC 2011 recently and I play a Cyber Dragon Fusion deck. It's actually fairly decent.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
A tip of cards for Five Headed Dragon-

Five Headed Dragon + Fiend's Hand Mirror + Future Fusion + Pot of Avarice + Polymerization =

Sir, not even a God Card can save you from the tyranny of fifteen heads.

Larry

A tip of cards for Five Headed Dragon-

Five Headed Dragon + Fiend's Hand Mirror + Future Fusion + Pot of Avarice + Polymerization =

Sir, not even a God Card can save you from the tyranny of fifteen heads.

I get it out with Future Fusion.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I usually run Ancient Gears (I play locally were people use what they like, not meta, and theirs almost always a different winning deck in Tournaments).

Tis a shame Golem and Beast couldn't be SS, I love Magical Hatting Geartowns to swarm with 2-3 Gadjitron Dragons, then recycling the plan with an asortment of other cards.