• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Forbidden/Restricted List for September 1, 2007

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
Pot was banned because it was an instant +1 with no draw back what so ever. I hate it being banned though.

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Judai Yuki said:
Yeah Adv is to ban cards that are too powerful with no Drawback.

It's not really a matter of the card's effect, the ban/restrict list is a reflection of what's popular. Everytime someone comes up with a way to use cards in a way that KONAMI hadn't thought of and that way becomes public knowledge, the cards involved get banned or restricted to one (see Goat-Meta-Thousand Eyes).

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
I hope that some of the forbidden cards get off that list soon . . . I got a few cards from my friends the other day that I'm waiting to use so that I can bust the guy next door's behind. I wish that Pot Of Greed wasn't banned though, because it was meant to be used as one of those cards that anybody playing the game would add to their deck. I say that the banned cards should only be the god cards, and at most, have restrictions to what you can have like two or one card only in your deck.

Yeah but people abuse too many cards and they are too powerful.but they should'nt ban the gos cards as their effect's are "This Card May Not Be Used In a Duel".It's effect bans itself =p

Haruka's Swimsuit said:
It's not really a matter of the card's effect, the ban/restrict list is a reflection of what's popular. Everytime someone comes up with a way to use cards in a way that KONAMI hadn't thought of and that way becomes public knowledge, the cards involved get banned or restricted to one (see Goat-Meta-Thousand Eyes).

Yeah, you've got a point there. Watch someone finds a cool combo to bring out any of the new Sacred Beasts (Uria, Hamon, and Raviel), and everyone who has those cards uses it, watch the cards be on the list.

BTW, they really do need to take Pot of Greed off. I'm getting sick of Graceful Charity. I need a different (legal) card that allows you to draw to look at.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Reckless Greed
Jar of Greed
Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locmotive
Dark Mimic LV1
Dark Mimic LV3
Good Goblin Housekeeping

Need I go further?

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
~Wandering Perappu~ said:
Reckless Greed
Hare-brained drawback for just two cards.

Jar of Greed
Takes too long for only one card.

Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locmotive
Skelengel's situational (as hell) big brother.

Dark Mimic LV1
Dark Mimic LV3
Too slow, too easy to counter, not enough cards.

Good Goblin Housekeeping
KONAMI ruined this card by limiting to 2. Effect is directly tied to how many you have.

Need I go further?
Yes. Keep going until you find a good one.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
it makes no sense to down dark mimicLv1 and 3 but not skelengel. they are just about the same thing

FireKero!

SWABLR
Dark Mimic LV3 is better then Dekoichi AND Skelengal depending on the situation.

So, what have I missed, huh? Skelengal can't be morphed, but mimic can. Dekoichi is main-stream, mimic isn't.

Are u people missing something here? Like, c'mon. It's obvious.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Jar of Greed is at worst a 1 for 1. Chain it to MST or Heavy and the opponent is JustSOL since you pulled of a 2 for 1 or 1 for none, depending on how you want to put it.

N

necrosham

I want to thank Aquadon for the help he gave me on another thread but in response to the gentleman who asked about Treeborn Frog, yes, his effect is that devastating. I played a kid who used it recently and if I'd been able to remove it I'd have won, but with it I just got thrashed. It let him summon tons of tributes and role right over me.

This sucks!

I had to alter my deck because I had a Monster Reborn and a Harpie's Feather Duster in my deck. I also had to take out my Witch of the Black Forest, so now I can't get to Exodia as quickly, unless my deck is shuffled so good as to where I'll get him in the first few turns.

Thank you, Konami, for ruining my deck.

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
2bcelebi320 said:
This sucks!

I had to alter my deck because I had a Monster Reborn and a Harpie's Feather Duster in my deck. I also had to take out my Witch of the Black Forest, so now I can't get to Exodia as quickly, unless my deck is shuffled so good as to where I'll get him in the first few turns.

Thank you, Konami, for ruining my deck.
...Where have you been for the last 3 years? All those cards you mentioned were banned in the first banned list. What banned list numbe are we on now? Like 6?

Mikau

Better then you
^ I have to agree with that. That was pretty funny reading. But if he/she doesn't play by the advance format I'm sure that he/she will be fine.

People on Pojo keep arguing that they want Cyber Draco,Chaos Sorceror,and Return From The DD Limited/Banned.They're in for a surprise.

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
^People on Pojo will ***** about anything. Did you see that big *** thread about CD being reprinted? I think it was locked in 2 days or something, fastest I've ever seen a thread been locked.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Love Hina Fan said:
^People on Pojo will ***** about anything. Did you see that big *** thread about CD being reprinted? I think it was locked in 2 days or something, fastest I've ever seen a thread been locked.
Not entirely true. But we do love arguements :D Also, that Cyber Dragon thread was the fastest growing thread to get locked, IMO.

I would like to see Sorcerer and RftDD hit the Ban List, but it probably won't happen.

Also, congrats on everyone who survived half way through this Ban List. Ready to prepare for the next one?