• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Forbidden/Restricted List for September 1, 2007

Mew Master

WHY CAN'T I BRAWL!!!
Note that you can still use them just not in a tornament

FireKero!

SWABLR
Aquadon said:
Not entirely true. But we do love arguements :D Also, that Cyber Dragon thread was the fastest growing thread to get locked, IMO.

I would like to see Sorcerer and RftDD hit the Ban List, but it probably won't happen.

Also, congrats on everyone who survived half way through this Ban List. Ready to prepare for the next one?

Akatsuki thread 1 and 2 and Vets Tourney:The Drama were the fastest, if my memory serves right.

Sorcerer is gonna get banned, RFTDD should be restricted to one, and Dragon isn't a very big problem.

Really, some people just look at a card's effect and give up right then and there. :rolleyes:

Lolz Sorceror will not get banned nor limited for that matter.Same goes for rftdd,we get Japan's list and they aren't having a problem with those over there.

-Judai

FireKero!

SWABLR
Judai Yuki said:
Lolz Sorceror will not get banned nor limited for that matter.Same goes for rftdd,we get Japan's list and they aren't having a problem with those over there.

-Judai

We don't "get" their list as you've mentioned. YGO is now considered a Global, don't forget. UDE has extremely little say in what goes on the list, but ever since getting that title, if Sorcerer is a problem here, they'll make the proper ajustments.

Which get's me thinking. If Chaos Sorcerer goes to 2, and Cyber Dragon get restricted, then the metagame wil just be over-run with Stein-japanese-wannabe decks.

This game is so friggin' awesome.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
FireKero! said:
Which get's me thinking. If Chaos Sorcerer goes to 2, and Cyber Dragon get restricted, then the metagame wil just be over-run with Stein-japanese-wannabe decks.

Then put sorcerer to 1, return to 2, cyber dragon to 1, and stein to 1. Solves all the problems in the meta here. Stein shoulda been restricted when it came out.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Sorcerer is going to two. RFTDD restricted. Dragon is going to be in a tin so, probably restricted. I ****ing want to see Stein banned.

Too bad Sorceror,Return,and Cyber will never never go no the list.They don't deserve to.

-Judai

Hmm run Skill Drain,Decree,and Royal Oppresion and those cards are nothing.

-Judai

Captin-Anarchy

The Emo Kid
it sucks the cyber jar and dark hole are banned... *sniffle* my deck is ruined

oh well it's time to rebuild
it's great that mirror force is back
with graceful back i have a drawing card and reflect bounder is no longer limited meaning i could have 3 in my deck. i'm surprised royal decree isn't even limited. thats great though cause now it's like i have 3 jinzos

well the new ban list is kinda sad but it makes the game more fun now

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Too bad Sorceror,Return,and Cyber will never never go no the list.They don't deserve to.

-Judai

*points to most decks out there*

Chaos Sorceror- Limited/ Semi-Limited
there are loads of these going around in circulation atm, it is easily summoned, just remove a light and a dark monster from your graveyard. Solid stats, can remove 1 face up monster per turn, only costing it it's right to attack that turn. If decks are based around this card, it's deadly. This will have to be on October's list, I have seen tournament winner's and runner up's decks, and most of them, have Chaos Sorceror.

Exarian Universe - Semi-Limited
Quite a few going around atm, LV4, 1800/1900, solid stats, and a possible pierce effect to boot, even if it does cost it 400 ATK points, it's deadly, especially when used againts things like Spirit Reapers.

Cyber Dragon- Limited/ Semi-Limited
Used ALOT, it's 2100 ATK. If you don't have a monster and your opponent does, you can special summon it. If this was a normal summon, I wouldn't have that much of a problem, but seeing as it's a special summon, you can easily throw down another strong monster in the same turn!

Zaborg the Thunder Monarch - Limited
It destroys a monster as soon as it is summoned, and it's used ALOT.

Cyber Stein - Limited
The only thing stopping this thing from being banned is the 5000 Life points penatly, which is over half of your origonal life points, you are probably not going to use this effect that many times, unless you have a deck full of life gain cards.

Royal Decree- Semi-limited / Limited
come on, it's like a common Jinzo! It is easily obtainable, and stops all traps except for itself!

Return From The Different Dimmension- not on the list
I have seen many deck lists, and I haven't seen one with RFTDD in it. Plus, it costs you half of your life points, and you can only get a maximum of 5 monsters that go at the end of the turn! The only place this is deadly, is my V-Z deck, with Macro Cosmos and 2 Soul Absorptions.

Last edited:

Shuam

righteous
Confirmation.

So...

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Change of Heart
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of The End
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Exchange of The Spirit
Fiber Jar
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Magical Scientist
Makyura The Destructor
Mirage Of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
Painful Choice
Pot Of Greed
Raigeki
Ring Of Destruction
Sinister Serpent
The Forceful Sentry
Time Seal
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Witch Of The Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

NEW! - Cyber Jar, Dark Hole, Exchange of the Spirit, Last Turn, Time Seal

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Book of Moon
Breaker The Magical Warrior
Call Of The Haunted
Card Destruction
Ceasefire
Confiscation
D. D. Assailant
D. D. Warrior Lady
Dark Magician Of Chaos
Drop Off
Exiled Force
Exodia The Forbidden One
Graceful Charity
Heavy Storm
Injection Fairy Lily
Jinzo
Last Will
Left Arm Of The Forbidden One
Left Leg Of The Forbidden One
Level Limit - Area B
Lightning Vortex
Limiter Removal
Mage Power
Magic Cylinder
Mask Of Darkness
Metamorphosis
Mirror Force
Morphing Jar
Mystical Space Typhoon
Night Assailant
Pot Of Avarice
Premature Burial
Protector Of The Sanctuary
Reckless Greed
Right Arm Of The Forbidden One
Right Leg Of The Forbidden One
Sacred Phoenix Of Nephthys
Sangan
Scapegoat
Snatch Steal
Swords Of Revealing Light
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Torrential Tribute
Treeborn Frog
Tsukuyomi
Twin-Headed Behemoth
United We Stand

NEW! - D. D. Assailant, Drop Off, Graceful Charity, Last Will, Level Limit - Area B, Mask of Darkness, Mirror Force, Pot of Avarice, Treeborn Frog

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Apprentice Magician
Creature Swap
Deck Devastation Virus
Emergency Provisions
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Gravity Bind
Magician Of Faith
Manticore Of Darkness
Nobleman Of Crossout
Reflect Bounder
Reinforcement Of The Army
Upstart Goblin

NEW! - Apprentice Magician, Deck Devastation Virus, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Reflect Bounder
NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Abyss Soldier, Book of Taiyou

Doesn't do much, IMO. And if you notice, it's the same as Japan's list. Makes sense.

You Know what sucks-the day that went into play i got a LOD-000 Yata Garasu:(