• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked episode eleven cuz the whole duel was exciting and I loved Varrel Load Dragon's attack sequence as well. Revolver revealing the origin of Ignis' name as well as some information about his purpose was interesting also. ^^

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, the duel is progressing nicely, but something about the way Yusaku had that little flashback right as he was cornered by Revolver makes me think Revolver might be his long lost friend, which would be too predictable...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Firewall Dragon looks like a cyber Stardust Dragon. That's not a bad thing but these ace dragons all feel alike these days.

Into the Vrains episode 11 was good. The duel's really picking up. We saw some really good moves from the duelist. It was your typical "I play this card" "Oh yeah? Well I do this and it negates that" duel. Most duels are like this but it always amuses me. Getting to see more of Yusaku's past was neat. But they aren't going to reveal all their tricks yet. Not bad for a duel so early in the series.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Firewall's debut feels a little bit too fast considering the next episode's title is about Firewall.

Also, lmao Aoi/Blue Angel isn't on Yusaku's three reason why he should win the duel. And the three reasons sounds somewhat similar to each other that it might as well be one reason instead of three.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but something about the way Yusaku had that little flashback right as he was cornered by Revolver makes me think Revolver might be his long lost friend, which would be too predictable...

I'm preparing myself for this outcome cuz it seems so fitting. But even as cliche as it would be, I think Yusaku making that discovery at the end of the duel would be a great plot twist since it could lead to so many different storyline possibilities in the future.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
After this duel I hope we get to see what Go's been up to. Feels like forever since we saw that guy. It'll be interesting to see what'll happen between Playmaker and Revolver once the duel is over. Does Playmaker win? And if he doesn't who will save Blue Angel?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
After this duel I hope we get to see what Go's been up to. Feels like forever since we saw that guy.

I like his deck, so I hope he'll show up again soon. But I wonder how his character will progress if Revolver ends up as Yusaku's main rival from now on. I'd hate for Go to become a secondary rival character who does very little almost like Kite during the second half of Zexal. ^^;

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I liked how they ended this 4 parter. As we thought, hanoi isn't the main antagonist and revolver is most likely the friend yusaku is trying to rescue. We got a little more info but not that much, just that there was an incident 10 years ago. And aoi's brother is gonna be replaced. I wonder what will he do next. maybe join yusaku?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Revolver had so many counters for Yusaku's strategy and it's sad how Yusaku OTK'd him despite that. The duel's ending seemed rushed and it seems like Akira's position at SOL Technologies is now in jeopardy. And I loved when Ignis showed off his true form. :]

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The duel had a rather amusing ending for into the Vrains episode 12. If I wasn't already interested in this anime I would be even more now. It looks like SOL Tech are going to be the true big bad guys but I wouldn't write off the Knights of Hanoi just yet. It'll be curious to see if and when Revolver duels again and who he'll duel. I doubt it'll only be against Playmaker. Akira might get replaced at his job. Getting fired by chess pieces. Ignis's body reveal was amusing. How can they argue if Ignis is alive or not? If he's not alive then he sure does a good job in faking emotions.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It looks like SOL Tech are going to be the true big bad guys but I wouldn't write off the Knights of Hanoi just yet.

I'm kind of wondering if the SOL Technologies chess pieces are the final villains while the Knights of Hanoi might actually be good guys who are misunderstood.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The way I see it, it starting to feel more like NAS wants to plot Akira to be the Vrains version of Yeager in 5Ds anime.

Important person but not the boss, working in a seemingly neutral job, extremely low dueling record due to his job, eventually gets fired by his shady boss and has to cooperate with the good guys to support his family and get back at the boss who turns out to be the big bad guy.

NeoDude-5000

I really was on the edge of my seat during the final turn in this episode I was like "You are going to make Firewall attack again right?". I know it was obvious but the fact that Revolver countered every move Yusaku made it tense. Also I wonder if Revolver is the guy Yusaku is trying to save, he did react to what he said about the incident 10 years ago. And it does seem likely that the 3 chess pieces are starting show evil signs.

Also in a couple of episodes time we are finally getting Playmaker against Ghost Girl, I wonder how he will fare up

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I guess Aoi and Go are also related to incident from 10 years ago because they are orphans like Yusaku.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I cackled when Revolver crashed into a pillar and how his arm was consumed by AI. At least now Aoi's no longer a damsel (for now). Let's see how long she'll last until she falls in danger again.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I cackled when Revolver crashed into a pillar and how his arm was consumed by AI.

I liked how Ignis just attacked Revolver and even tho his Link VRAINS body isn't real, it was still cool to see his digital arm get ripped off hee hee. I was kind of surprised that the doctor guy is Revolver's dad however. I didn't expect that plot twist even tho it's minor.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Well, that was a waste. Funny that all that work was just casually deleted by yusaku but we really didn't need an recap episode this soon (or ever). next week, the plot advances.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I have to admit that VRAINS was getting good until episode 13. I don't see why we needed a clip show episode so soon in this series and I ended up just skipping most of the recap flashbacks and only watched the few new scenes involving Ghost Girl, Yusaku and the reporters. ^^;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
How can anyone say episode 13 was bad? Ghost Girl was in a interview! That and them play Blue Angel's theme again was well worth the watch. Ghost Girl's getting a lot of attention lately and next week too. She's earning her pay. I wonder what her next interview will be like.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
God, the new episode jumped the shark by giving us a bland recap. What's with duels in this series always having "breather" episodes right after.