1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blaze Master X, Feb 21, 2017.

1. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

While not exactly that, something similar already happened and they made a big deal about it, even giving it a specific name, which escapes me right now.

2. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

A Link monster whose effect only works in certain zone(s) does not exist yet, but Yusaku, Revolver, and Spectre have perfomed "Link Climbing", spamming Link monsters which are then used as materials to summon a bigger Link monster.

And both Revolver and Yusaku have performed Extra Link, although Revolver is the one who made the true Extra Link, Yusaku just took advantage of Revolver's Link monsters in both EMZ having a Top arrow (Congrats Revolver, you've just played yourself) to create his own Extra Link.

Emma actually did a similar misplay before in her Speed Duel against Yusaku - placing her Link, which has a Bottom and Bottom Left arrows, on the Right side EMZ instead of Left side EMZ.

The Left side EMZ was empty at that time, so she could have chosen the Left one, which would have made both of her Link's arrows usable.

The unusable Bottom Left arrow ends up being irrelevant to the remainder of the Duel, but making both usable still would have been a better play.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. magma grunt edu

Boman's getting screwed big time. He's probably a great duelist on his own but getting a perpetual promise of getting your memories back just to reset them every time the objective is completed is messed up. And this is the guy who made jin's life even worse. A victim attacking a victim, neither responsible for whatever happened to them.

So the wind ignis is there in the restricted section. I wonder who the human is... Speaking of which, i think Jin's ignis is possibly the light one. Spectre's ignis is probably the earth one (having a tree as the ace monster is a good clue), leaving the water and wind humans left. Maybe blood sheperd is the wind ignis's human since his deck is all about planes.

And also, good thing we're seeing Go's motivations, he really needs to build his character because the plot moved on past him. Looks like we're getting a look at his past and the cause for his crave for success.

4. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

Where the heck did those Dinowrestlers come from? Is anyone guessing Go is going to hybrid his Gouki's with this new deck? (I would've use Gore instead but I couldn't resist)

5. magma grunt edu

I though that still image that shows for a brief second in the opening was someone other than soulburner but i was wrong. We got his motivation and what a tragic one at that. I hope Go's not a one and done for this arc, same as the other 2 hunters, i want at least a duel from them.

And the plot's moving forward at a speedy pace, playmaker vs blood sheperd is already happening and i though it was still a long way from now. But i guess this could be just that 1st encounter where something unexpected interrupts them.