1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blaze Master X, Feb 21, 2017.

1. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

Didn't see that reveal coming. Maybe we know Bohman's and Haru's role in all of this in the next episode. Also SOL still not having any involvement is also making me even more suspicious.

I liked the new Synchro summoning animation (again good to have them back). Also Windy's near death was a bit gruesome, but I never trusted him anyway all of the chaos in his episodes gave me some red flags.

Also Windy's wasn't Blood Shepard's partner. He wasn't involved with the Lost Incident.

2. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

Yeah, we know how he became blood shepard and i think they implied that his incident was caused by windy, who also caused the accident with his partner's car. Plus he's way too old to be a child back then. You're right , he's not a victim of the lost incident. Still, Blood shepard is now totally justified in wanting to kill all AI.

3. NeoDude-5000

The war is just beginning that what I would sum up this episode and ending. At least we now know Bohman and Haru's true origins as A.I. entities I originally thought they were just like Jin captured and brainwashed into Lightning's service.

So in terms of factions we have:

Good Guys
    Main heroes: Playmaker, Ai, Soulburner, Flame, Kolter (Kusanagi), and Aqua (possibly)
    Zaizen's angels (just a good name): Ghost Gal and Blue Gal I guess

Bad Guys
    Evil Ignis: Lightning, Windy, Bohman, and Haru

Anti-Heroes
    Knights of Hanoi
    SOL's Bounty Hunters: Gore, Blood Shepard and the other guys

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X The Sword of the Shield Hero

Earth might join good guys. The new ending showed that Aqua and Earth are together with Ai and Flame.
    Knights of Hanoi are still anti-hero, so I'm sure they will become good guys and help Playmaker and co later.

5. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. TeamBeckyLynch

I've really lost track of Vrains. Not because I didn't like it, but because I got so busy and with the next episode being like a recap, I kinda stopped watching and haven't picked back up since then. My last episode was like episode 29/30. Yeah, that long ago. I'm going to have to find some time to binge watch the entire series to get caught up again.

6. NeoDude-5000

Gore has officially gone full on Dark Zane mode and he has joined the Fusion club. Also who is going to find Aqua?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  7. magma grunt edu

With the end of this episode, i fully recommend Vrains, it's on it's way to surpass 5Ds and it's going fast.

There's A LOT to talk about this episode and from the preview of the next. And i'm starting with the latter. From the moment when the AI-human partnership was told, i immediately thought Go and Aoi would be 2 of the victims of the incident. Go's chances were quickly dissipated when Specter turned out to be Earth's partner and i thought we would get a brand new character as Aqua's partner but nope, it's Aoi, as predictable as possible. Disappointed by this but hopefully Aoi will develop greatly.

And now the episode itself. First, the duel. Earth's skill is really good, straight up burn damage (with specific conditions, sure, but it's still at least free 500+ burn damage just because). But that's nothing compared with the meta ability of Go, where he not only negates the opponent's skill entirely, he gets a free pot of greed out of it. My god, that's the most meta thing they could come up with.

And lastly, the end of the episode. Now we got the level of emotion we had in the past series. This is what i was waiting for. Windy's damage was really bad but earth's dissection was horrible, we don't know what SOL will accomplish by simply erasing earth like that but even if he returns, the impact was there, and i really enjoyed it. We now have so many sides to this war and i'm excited to find out how it will all come together. As i said in the beginning, if Vrains continues like this, it will surpass 5Ds as my favorite.

8. NeoDude-5000

Wait... so is Skye a victim too? Probably explains why Aqua looks similar to Blue Angel.

I almost teared up with Earth's dismemberment too.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    magma grunt edu likes this.
  9. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X The Sword of the Shield Hero

No, Skye is not a victim. Her childhood friend is, so she is in a coma.
    Yeah, I can see Aqua being Skye's partner and helping stop Lighting.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  10. magma grunt edu

Good, what i thought was gonna be a predictable twist is not in fact the case. I'm glad hey went with someone else instead of Aoi. Also blood shepard has a younger sister and that is ghost girl. Interesting.

11. NeoDude-5000

If the obvious happened it would not have made any sense and retconned Skye's backstory (and Akira's to an extent). So they did the right thing by making Aqua the partner of Skye's friend. Also this partnership is going to give Skye more motivation to protect Aqua from SOL (who will obviously turn out to be the real baddies eventually) and defeat Lightning to save Miyu. Things are going to get very interesting over the next few episodes.

But Emma and Blood Shepherd being siblings, never saw that coming. Actually are they more like step-siblings because of their last names being different, or maybe its due parents being divorced?

12. magma grunt edu

The blood shepard arc continues. Judging for that preview of the next episode, i'll say he's either saved last minute or he's gonna die. Lightning certainly isn't gonna fall at the hands of him and so i foresee some commotion before another relocation by the bad guys.

Oh and blue maiden looks both way older than aoi's age and the better version of her avatar.

13. NeoDude-5000

Firewall Dragon is now a forbidden card in the TCG. That's going to annoy fans of the anime.

UPDATE: 11/12

Now its going to be banned in the OCG from January 1st.

R.I.P. Firewall Dragon (2017-2018)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. magma grunt edu

How many a55pulls can the protagonist make? His skill has another effect that's so conveniently useful for such a specific situation as the one he was in. I've seen worse (zexal's ones were just the worst) but this one was still bad. Nothing i'm mad about, yugioh is known for stuff like this and i'm glad the only way Go was beaten was with sheer plot convenience. He had almost everything planned, even the fact that his anti skill would be countered. Anti-skill is the best thing a character can have in this setting and only something like the stupidly specific 2nd effect of another skill could benefit from it.

15. NeoDude-5000

Alright final battle time is here at last. I wonder what kind of deck Haru plays, and hopefully Blue Maiden doesn't suffer another first man dead in the battle situation because I really want her maiden duel (see what I did there) to end with her victorious. Also I liked Windy's new pirate look.