1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blaze Master X, Feb 21, 2017.

1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Celestine VI

Does Yubel count? I know it's from way back in GX, but Yubel was the main villain for a season so there is precedent.

2. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Blackpink

Wasn't Yubel a hermaphrodite in the Japanese version of GX?

3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Celestine VI

Which is why I'm asking if it counts or not.

4. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

In the dub she is. But did anyone really cared about her being multi-gendered in the original?

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Yubel's gender remains a controversial topic, but in the original dub their gender was largely a plot device for enhancing Jaden and Jesse's relationship in S3 and S4, which was of course way more flamboyant in the original.

As for Pandor, as long as Ai remains the final battle like Nasch she would be fine as the true final boss like Don Thousand/Z-ARC/Nightshroud/Zorc etc..

6. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Blackpink

Oh I just know that we'll see some kind of fusion of Yusaku and Ai during the final duel, like Yuma and Astral's Zexal mode. It just seems so inevitable now and would be symbolic too.

7. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

Finally the Zaizen's know Playmaker's secret identity! (maybe Soulburner's too) I actually liked the gathering of the major characters and the scene with Yusaku and Skye was cute (normally I don't ship but still I liked the scene). Also when was the last time we saw the Kings of SOL?

I wonder how things are going to play out in the next few episodes because it feels like the end of a season, even though we're 3 episodes in.

8. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Blackpink

Wow Aoi took Yusaku's secret pretty well. The whole scene was cute and all, I just expected a more surprised reaction from her and Zaizen. Well whatever. I'm liking how quickly things have escalated, but I'm worried about the fact that Ai and Roboppi are so outnumbered. It means that a bunch of the characters will probably be fodderized off screen quickly so that only a few will remain to have serious duels with Ai and Roboppi.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:19 PM