1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blaze Master X, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

2. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

Now that's the deck i want to see. I love the gouki archetype and it's strategy is pretty good. But Go, to me, seems to have suffered zero character growth and reversed back the one from the beginning. I thought this episode was gonna explore how he was influenced by the AI implanted in him but nothing, just "i'm doing it for the kids" again. Really gotta lower my expectations with intertwined arcs.

Gengarish and Trainer Yusuf like this.
  3. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

4. magma grunt edu

Is it just me or does AI never sounds serious, even when (and i think that's what we got this week) he was supposed to have an emotional moment when he tells everyone about how every other member of his kind is dead? I don't know if it's his VA or the impression he left as always being a prankster but that moment i felt very little towards AI, even though it's really serious stuff. He can crash the plane at any moment (even though i think his principles would prevent him from doing so) and his motivation provides such an amazing conflict with the humans but i had to think to myself in that scene: "wow, if his delivery of the scene were better, i would have empathized with his feelings, i mean, his entire family was lost, that crushing solitude must have been horrible, of course he wants payback". But it can still be my impression of it never be possible that AI would turn into a villain. He's not going to use dirty tactics (in the context of yugioh) and he's not going to kill anyone (hell, i think queen is still coming back to become the villain for the next arc), so it makes me feel like he's not that big of a threat. He's dueling yusaku, they have a bonding duel and AI's back (that would e so lame) and in comes the next arc where they have a motive to take down SOL, where the AIs are reborn and we're getting Jin and Miyu for the revival of the lost jiken 6. All this to say, AI is kinda being a slow and soft killer of the arc. There's stakes, yes, but i think AI's VA is not bringing the resentment in his voice and that's very detrimental to this storline.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://ygorganization.com/splishsplashinthereef/
    The new ace monster is another Marincess, Marincess Great Bubble Reef. It is most likely another 2800 ATK, Link 4.

Edit: And yes, this is supposed to look like Miyu, just like how Bella Madonna looks like Blue Angel.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

Aww man I thought we would never see Judgement Arrows again. Is that card ever going to get a real life release?

7. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

8. NeoDude-5000

Probably going to be anniversary series maybe

9. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/08/06/vrains-eps-114-115-spoilers-part-ii/
    We have summaries for EP114 and 115.

114 will continue Roboppy vs. Revolver. 115 will be Soulburner vs. Revolver. Finally.

Edit(August 8, 2019):
    https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/vrains-eps-114-117-spoilers/
    Episode 116 is continuation of Revolver vs. Soulburner, and it seems Soulburner is gonna win.
    Episode 117 is Yusaku vs. Ai. The summary says it will be their final battle, but we know this won't be the case, as Ai is getting merch for November.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Gengarish likes this.
  10. magma grunt edu

WOW! This is the first genuine emotional moment of Vrains. I thought there was a rogue AI hidden at first but she just couldn't take AI's programming. But her breakdown and her last moment brought a tear to my eye. This is the last character i thought i was gonna care for but they pulled it. When yugioh gets emotion right it hits like a truck. Since i didn't watch GX in order and all the way through, i can't say anything about it but ever since 5ds and surprisingly a lot in zexal, there are some occasions where they can pull off something like this. Zexal was a case of build up but vrains did it with a single episode. I was very surprised and pleased.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  11. Gengarish

Gengarish New Member

Parts of GX are better than 5D's and Zexal, so you missed out on alot.

12. magma grunt edu

Plus i've only seen the dub so that's even worse. What i remember GX for is the beginning and it's too silly, especially with the dub. I'll consider going back to it and watching it as it was originally intended. I risked it with zexal and it was so worth it so i'll give it a try some day.

13. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

That last episode was just wow. Ive never been fond of roboppy but that ending was fantastic. Probably one of my favourite moment's in vrains. Pleased soul burner got a win so now my boy Revolver can take the victory

magma grunt edu likes this.
  14. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Active Member

Honestly, when Roboppi went nuts and had the red eyes it terrified the heck out of me.

15. Revolver Furious Dragon

What did you guys think to today's episode? It was nice to see my two favourites go at it, although I'm expecting and wanting Revolver to get the win. He deserves it more since soul burner just got the big win against roboppy

16. NeoDude-5000

Varis is obviously going to win. The rival always beats the "best friend" character

17. Revolver Furious Dragon

Varis is Revolver yes? I figured they would change his name but varis just sounds stupid