• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Lol, that's asking for a lot given the whole VR duel setting and hover boards. :p

5d's had no field spell cards and the whole speed counter stuff and arc v had plot convenient action cards. Zexal was normal. That's what i want, don't gimmick your duels.

Technow

Personally, I'm most worried about the plot. As an author myself, I can honestly say that while ARC-V had its moments, overall the plot was a mess, and I really hope that VRAINS can do that better. The basic premise sounds full-on AWESOME so far, with Yusaku going all Kamen Rider as Playmaker and acting like a vigilante to defend the secret world of AI (that's another thing that makes me very happy; VRAINS isn't taking the stereotypical route of 'all AI are evil' and by the looks of things there'll be at least a couple of recurring AI who are good people and help Yusaku/Playmaker). Honestly, if there's one thing I'd like to see from VRAINS, it's a plot where there's no supernatural elements whatsoever. (And a female protagonist, but that's already out of the question, so nevermind) There's so much room for flexibility within the virtual reality environment, so, this time around we don't NEED an evil demon god who wants to fuse all the dimensions into one (something that Yugioh seems to suffer from a plague of . . first Yubel, then Don Thousand, and then Zarc). We don't need magic, because sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, and VRAINS looks to have that in spades. Say, just as a hypothetical based on previous seasons, there's a group of cards a la Signer Dragons that have anti-viral programs installed in their profiles, and these anti-viral cards are the only thing preventing an evil AI (I don't have a problem with evil AI themselves, just the stereotype that ALL AI are evil. If VRAINS has both good and bad AI, I can live with that.) from taking over the Duel Link and trapping everyone who enters in the Duelling Matrix. And one of these cards is Yusaku's Firewall Dragon, and large parts of the plot revolve around parties good and evil attempting to locate and retrieve these anti-viral cards, both inside and out of the Duel Link. Bam, completely workable plot that doesn't rely on interdimensional voodoo. If VRAINS can deliver something like that, as well as a well-written and thought-out narrative, then I'll be happy.

NeoDude-5000

VRAIN's release date has been revealed and some info on the Knights of Ren, oops wrong group, I mean the Knights of Hanoi.

https://ygorganization.com/finallyanairdatewoolawd/
VRAIN's will air on May 10th and the leader of Hanoi, Revolver, has Topologic Bomber Dragon (I knew it might belong to someone)

Other V-Jump news
Cyberse Link Structure Deck: https://ygorganization.com/makemagicwiththewind/ - Remember cards Yusaku will use are in this deck
Duelist Pack:https://ygorganization.com/infernofireblastmorelikejounouchifireblast/ - Joey decks are getting a Red-Eyes centric makeover it seems
Collector's Pack: https://ygorganization.com/matadorichallengeyoutoaduel/ - I think that's all of the Timelords
Promos and other stuff: https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-june-2017-promos-misc/ - Firewall Dragon has gone Super Sayian

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Personally, I'm most worried about the plot. As an author myself, I can honestly say that while ARC-V had its moments, overall the plot was a mess, and I really hope that VRAINS can do that better.

VRAINS has potential I think cuz so far it looks like there's a vast improvement in animation and plot compared to Arc V for instance. What worries me is if VRAINS will keep a good momentum throughout its run or if it'll falter after a few months.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So apparently the name VRAINS stands for Virtual Reality Artificial Intelligence Network System. Not that the whole virtual reality bit is surprising.

thorryen

Yu Gi Oh, is one of my favorite series ever, I used to own so many cards, but always lost the games. Vrains was the system for AI, quite cool for back then.

NeoDude-5000

I bring more news we finally have a summary for the first episode, and here it is!

Episode 1 - My Name is Playmaker

Den City is the city where the newest network technology was developed. There we have the Link VRAINS, a cyberspace managed by the SOL Technologies Inc. where people Duel night and day. Our protagonist, Yusaku Fujiki, is a cool student with excellent observation abilities. In order to defeat a group who plans to ruin the LINK VRAINS, the Knights of Hanoi, he transforms into his avatar Playmaker and duels them. One day, Yusaku gets the information that SOL Technologies Inc. are desperately searching for a mysterious lifeform from Shouichi Kusaka, a hacker who shares Yusaku's goals. Noticing the Knights of Hanoi are also after it, Yusaku prepares a trap and plans his capture strategies...

Also we have new characters and voice cast revealed including: Japanese Simba, Cloud, Damon Lopez from ARC-V, and Quinton. I couldn't be bothered to say their names I'm sorry but the cast is here (the digital lifeform is still nameless)

https://ygorganization.com/sowhendothejokesstart/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
So apparently the name VRAINS stands for Virtual Reality Artificial Intelligence Network System. Not that the whole virtual reality bit is surprising.

At least we now know the series' name's basis hee hee. And I've seen the artwork for the Knights of Hanoi, but I dunno how I feel about their designs so far. I think Yusaku's design is the only VRAINS design that I actually love at the moment. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Den City is the city where the newest network technology was developed. There we have the Link VRAINS, a cyberspace managed by the SOL Technologies Inc. where people Duel night and day. Our protagonist, Yusaku Fujiki, is a cool student with excellent observation abilities. In order to defeat a group who plans to ruin the LINK VRAINS, the Knights of Hanoi, he transforms into his avatar Playmaker and duels them. One day, Yusaku gets the information that SOL Technologies Inc. are desperately searching for a mysterious lifeform from Shouichi Kusaka, a hacker who shares Yusaku's goals. Noticing the Knights of Hanoi are also after it, Yusaku prepares a trap and plans his capture strategies...

It feels like they're packing wayyyy too much info into the 1st episode, which is different from how ARC-V began.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It feels like they're packing wayyyy too much info into the 1st episode, which is different from how ARC-V began.

I'm glad that the first VRAINS episode seems so full of action however cuz slow starts in new anime are frustrating from my point of view. I'm just kind of impatient for the new series' premiere ha ha. Do we even know why VRAINS was postponed?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
LABO revealed more info. It seems like that Artificial Intelligence thingy might become the VRAINS version of Astral.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
LABO revealed more info. It seems like that Artificial Intelligence thingy might become the VRAINS version of Astral.

That little black creature? I could see it hanging out with Yusaku when he goes to the VR world, but I hope it won't become like Astral. Not that I disliked Astral, it's just that I don't want to see too many recycled ideas in the VRAINS series. ^^;

uber gon

Accept Change
Would be nice to see someone use a Red-Eyes Black Dragon deck. Have you seen all the neat supports and fusions?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Thankfully this anime seems like it'll focus on new themed decks, and not become a nostalgia pandering series.

I wouldn't mind some nostalgia in this series myself tho. I mean given how we still seem to be getting tons of nostalgia products in the real life game, I kind of expect the VRAINS series to have some tie-ins as well and that we'll see a few old deck types every now and then.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm trying to keep my excitement level low for Vrains. Just in case it ends up like Arc-V's ending, I don't want to be disappointed. But even still I'm getting a little eager for what this series is going to be. Even if the card game itself is far beyond me at this point.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It seems like there isn't much enthusiasm for VRAINS in general. I dunno how it was when Arc V was announced, but VRAINS has received pretty lackluster support so far, tho perhaps that's cuz we didn't have much footage of this show until recently.