1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Blaze Master X, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Go might develop a desire to get even with Yusaku later on given his personality however and I thought it was cool how Yusaku didn't want to recruit Go to fight the Knights of Hanoi cuz it shows that he doesn't want other people to get hurt.

2. magma grunt edu

magma grunt edu casual hardcore fan

despite the bad start, these past episodes brought what i was hoping for:character development. Aoi is way more interesting than i gave her credit. She's cunning and will probably find out about yusaku being playmaker before he tells her. She and the ninja girl seem to be very astute and smart, which i really like. remember kotori and cat girl? blergh. The female characters are evolving and so is their dueling skills. I really want these two to keep being prominent to the plot.

3. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

Agreed. The duels haven't been super exciting (but neither have they been completely boring, either) for me, and I hope they'll cut back a bit on the stock footage sooner rather than later, but I'm loving the cast for the most part.

4. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

Into the Vrains episode 6. Grrrr I hated...that this episode ended. So far this has been my favorite Vrains episode and I was entertained, tickled, and amused the entire time. Why did the episode have to end? I really like Yusaku's character. He says he doesn't care what other people think about him but his reaction to other people talking about him was nice. I want to learn more about Yusaku/Playmaker. He's a pretty interesting and compelling main character. Then we got Aoi. We learn quite a big about her and her brother. She's off to a good start and looks to be a pretty cool character too. My favorite character right now though has to be Shima.

So many great moments in this episode. Yusaku's dummy deck, Shima snatching it and laughing at it, Blue Angel turning down all those wannabe challenges and that ending Blue Angel theme. That has to be her theme from now one when she duels. Such a good episode. I can't wait for Vrains episode 7.

5. magma grunt edu

man, i forgot about specter. Revolver is more of a pedestal villain for now while specter is way more of a vector, who has no qualms about messing with the main characters and getting his hands dirty. And i absolutely loved vector so i expect to really enjoy specter.

6. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well episode six had no duel, which is becoming a recurring letdown. I liked how Yusaku switched his real deck for a basic one when he visited the duel club however, plus I felt bad for Aoi cuz her brother seems overprotective for selfish reasons. :[

7. Akashin

Ehh, I'm happy with them spacing out the duels a bit more and spending more time actually setting things up. This episode's look into Aoi wouldn't have worked had they cut it down to let their duel properly start, for example.

One episode on, one episode off as far as duels go works for me for now.

8. NeoDude-5000

NeoDude-5000 Well-Known Member

As much want duels in every episode (and I mean major ones, not little tiny glimpses of the last move) plot and character development, or in this episodes case character introduction, is important. I think Aoi is a interesting character and I also liked the fact that she didn't go bad immediately when she received that card from Specter (I'm getting Mr Heartland vibes from him), I think that card is in Circuit Break I think. It was menacing looking that's what I remember.

Also am I the only one who thinks her brother might the big baddie of the series? Remember back in ARC-V where the main threat was Duel Academy and then turns that the real threat was the dark side of everyone's favourite Dueltainer: Yuya. I think the Knights of Hanoi might not be the true enemy, that scene with Revolver a while back hints at this possibility if you know what I am referring to.

Also VJump was kind enough to reveal what deck Emma plays, she uses a Altergeist deck and its to special summon monsters offensively or defensively depending on the situation.

https://ygorganization.com/freischutzandwezaa/ - Oh yeah, new Six Samurai's
    https://ygorganization.com/rememberwhenpromoswerentcybersetypemeneither/ - 4 cards based around Yusaku, Revolver, Aoi, and Go's decks

9. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Aoi seems cool so far, but this is Yu-Gi-Oh!, so she'll be a damsel in distress 20 or so episodes from now no matter how impressive she might be in her duel against Yusaku.

10. Akashin

I will be very much surprised if Revolver is an enemy in the long run, though I can't easily think of what other role he'll play down the line. That's been my thinking since the moment I saw the scene you're referring to.

I have my doubts about Akira being a main antagonist of any sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bigwigs at SOL that he answers to do.

11. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

As much as I'd REALLY want this to not be true, deep down, I know it will be. Otherwise, I'm interested in the series so far, but I'm a bit put off by Yusaku's almost villain-like personality. I know it's intentional and he'll lighten up later, but for right now, he doesn't seem to be that much better than the villains (hackers and...a CEO who wants to make sure his company doesn't tank?).

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I'm not expecting much from her either, tho I like that she's just a normal girl when she's not in the virtual world posing as her alter ego Blue Angel. I wish she was dueling Yusaku without having her deck corrupted by the Knights of Hanoi however, but I guess the Knights might interfere with several characters' decks in general.

13. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

As expected, Blue Angel lost. Mainly because Playmaker has an anti-burn card lmao.

Encode Talker also finally makes its anime debut, and Playmaker boost its ATK to 6100.

Also, they make it obvious something is wrong with Blue Angel as she plays Dark Angel. Akira really can't exactly blame Playmaker here for putting Aoi into coma when everyone saw that she's already weird before the final attack.

Anyway, apparently we'll get an impostor Blue Angel in episode 8.

I wonder if that's Ema trying to lure Playmaker into dueling her? It's clear Ema is dueling soon, after all.

14. magma grunt edu

wow, that was an incredible strategy. 400LP lost each turn because drawing on you draw phase counts is amazing. I reckon there'll be a trickstar burn deck in the future. Great expansion of the functioning of Vrains and the danger it can cause to the minds of those who are in there. Now we have some stakes. I thought aoi's brother was the CEO of SOL but i guess in this context, he is SOL's most important person in relation to the duels. Arc-V didn't start this strong. I'm still trying to lower my expectations but man Vrains is doing things right.

15. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

Just realized I haven't comment on Trains yet. The opening is awful.

Other than that, I honestly don't have a strong stance on it yet. It's interesting, but I'm still waiting for things to really get going.

Oh and I love that they haven't started chanting yet. I hope that never returns. Ever.

16. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Trickstar deck already exist since the cards are already printed two months ago :p

There are two different strategies people employed:

1. Burn, the deck can consistently burn off lots of LP in a single turn, most of the time using the combination of the Trickstar Lycoris and Trickstar Lightstage along with cards that forces the opponent to draw, like Trickstar Reincarnation, Disturbance Strategy, and Present Card. The burn is further increased with cards like Dark Room of Nightmare and Greed. And thanks to Trickstar Candina and soon to be released Trickstar Narkiss, they can respond to almost anything with a Burn, only thing left is a Trickstar against on-field monster effects.

2. Hand Control, forcing the opponent to lose cards in hand with Trickstar Reincarnation, Disturbance Strategy, and Present Card, then instead of Burning from the draw, you force the opponent to be unable to draw with Droll & Lock Bird or Protector of the Sanctuary. With no card in hand, the opponent couldn't do much, while the Trickstars deal damage through battles and direct attacks (instead of Burn).

17. magma grunt edu

I really wish i had the time to keep going on dueling network or know all the cards that come out. I follow the anime and play the console games so the last cards i remember are from duel carnival on the 3ds. But making your opponent rely on only top decking sounds really busted. Is trickstars top tier?

18. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

Into the Vrains episode 7! Powerful emotional episode this episode 7. The feels man, the feels. This is the fastest a Yugioh series has hooked me since GX, and I'm loving it. Hopefully they can keep this going. Not much really to say other then this was a great episode, the duel was fun too. Playmaker totally cheated though! Why? Because I wanted Blue Angel to win before she went berserk mode. Yeah, Blue Angel has her own entertainment style and her own berserk mode. In your face, Yuya. Great emotions from Akira as well. And the Knights of Hanoi are jerks for what they did in this duel. Bring on the next episode because Vrains is on a roll.

19. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Playmaker didn't cheat. He OTK her with on single attack. Plus Burn Deck are the worst type of decks

20. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I typically dislike burn strategies, so I wasn't a fan of Aoi's deck. Her berserk mode looked painful tho and I was glad that we saw how Akira truly does care about Aoi's well-being. :]