• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Series Discussion Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Remember Yugi vs Kaiba in Battle City? We got so much stuff going on then just the duel. Hey, Blue Angel's in a coma right now just like Joey was for that duel. Maybe she'll have her own dream/coma tournament just like Joey did.

Yugi vs Kaiba had alot of build up and was a major event, so it getting six episodes made sense, but Yusaku vs Revolver seems less anticipated by comparison. And as much as I like Aoi, I hope she stays out of the way during the duel cuz Joey-like coma shenanigans from her would be a waste of time from my perspective. ^^;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yusaku vs Revolver is a major event for Vrains. It's just happening sooner then later, which I'm fine with. Four episodes is enough for me. I don't want it being six episodes because imo, more then four episodes for a duel is absurd.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
well, that was fast. But at last we get the 1st master duel or as we know it, regular duel. I wasn't expecting revolver to have the same skill as ignis's. Let's see how yusaku gets out of this one next week.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Episode nine of VRAINS surprised me cuz the duel managed to progress pretty fast even with three more episodes left. I liked how Revolver mentioned disliking the virtual world as well and how Ignis called him out about using a Cyberse card. ^^

NeoDude-5000

It is indeed. I'm guessing the speed duel is going to end in a tie (Yusaku's face down card kind of sets it up, and it would make some sense). I can't imagine what would happen when Firewall Dragon comes, even more earth-err I mean internet crashing mayhem.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If Yusaku vs Revolver is two separate duels like some fans theorize, then I'm kind of ok with that cuz it sure beats one single long duel from my perspective ha ha. I'm just excited to see Firewall Dragon debut cuz the card was released in April and is long overdue to be played in VRAINS. :3

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Good grief Into the Vrains 9! The duel's going to be 4 episodes long and it looks ready to end right on the spot. I'm sure Playmaker has some card that'll make the duel a draw. The preview practically spoiled that but this was a good duel. I wonder how it'll all end or if they just keeping ending up with draws. And it looks like we'll finally get a standing duel. Thank goodness.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'd be hyped for Firewall Dragon if it was a one-time card, but I can tell that we'll have to put up with Yusaku using it as his new ace...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
but I can tell that we'll have to put up with Yusaku using it as his new ace...

Well that's probably how things will turn out cuz if I remember right, it was implied back before the series even began that Firewall Dragon would be Yusaku's ace, which I'm not upset by at all cuz I honestly don't like Decode Talker much hee hee. ^^;

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah, great that we're finally going to see a Master Duel in the series.

As for the ace card talk, we saw Decode and Encode in the preview, so I guess he will be like Yusei in the beginning and only uses Firewall as a last resort card, at least until he gets more cards that easily vomits it into the field so he can upgrade it quickly.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
and there goes the cyverse. It was revolver and his father's plan all along. That's an effective lockdown against cyverse but the cards are still there meaning revolver can't attack playmaker at all unless he plans on the burn to take away the remaining of his life points.

NeoDude-5000

Good episode, I wonder how Yusaku going to get out of this one? (That's what you get for using only 1 monster type unlike the previous heroes who used different kinds)

And the VRAIN's era is here in the TCG at last, just to remind you in case you forgot

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was getting tired of the scenery used for Speed Duels, so I'm glad that Yusaku vs Revolver has moved on to a Master Duel now. The cage field card that Revolver used is pretty and I like how Ignis is out of commission now so Yusaku has to duel alone.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I loved how Revolver forced a tie before Yusei Jr. could BS his way to a win with Stardust Firewall Dragon. The second duel looks great, and I'm loving how Yusaku's been cornered so quickly. That, and the floating rock dueling field looks awesome.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Fire Prison's last effect lmao

If every Cyberse monster that was on the field at activation of the above effect leaves the field: Destroy this card.

I already can guess what happens next episode: Revolver summons Varrel Load and attack directly, Yusaku survived somehow (most likely with a new anime card), then on the next turn he summons Firewall, and the episode ends there.

With both Decode and Encode leaving the field, Fire Prison would be destroyed, meaning on the episode after that, Firewall would be at full power.

As for Beltlink, it won't be restricting Firewall's summon since it will have 5 counters by then.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Into the Vrains episode 10, thank goodness we have a standard standing duel. This one looks remotely different because it's not the speeding city we get every episode. Great. The duel itself cracked me up. There was literally a point where Playmaker and Revolver were just effect countering each other. "My monster can do this" "Well my monster cancels that ability and can do this" "Well my monster has another effect that cancels that" "Guess what? My monster can pierce that ability too" Stuff like that amuses me to no end. The real troll effect came from Fire Prison, which didn't look anything like a fire prison when it was first summoned. Again at least it's better then speed duel background. Also I love Sniffer Dragon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That, and the floating rock dueling field looks awesome.

Yea the terrain inside the data storm looks great and it reminds me of the surreal design of the place where Yuma, Shark and Kite dueled those three Barian emperors in Zexal ha ha. I wonder if that was the inspiration behind the duel setting here.

NeoDude-5000

Wow Firewall Dragon was a badass in this episode, Revolvers Varrel Load Dragon (or Borrreload Dragon whatever confusion spelling you want to go with). I wonder what outcome is going to be in the next episode? Also props to Yusaku using Cynet Universe from the starter deck (love it) and Recode Alive from the structure deck. Can we have Tri-Gate Magician please, and pair it with Encode Talker please writers, please?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Firewall dragon was pretty cool but the best card of the episode was the cynet refresh. when you have an impossible monster line in front of you just use a dark hole + monster reborn in form of a single card. The can't target or destroy your monster trap was good but revolver just got a +2 or +3 by destroying it.

We got some much needed explanation, a flashback to yusaku and the philosophy of revolver (or maybe he's just a tool to his "father") and hanoi.To me, if revolver isn't the person yusaku is trying to save, i'll be shocked. It's so blatant that revolver is not a bad guy. I think no other yugioh season was this blatant.