• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Ken

RAVE
I actually enjoy the fact that they put some fumbling loser as the protagonist finally. I mean look at Yugi, Jaden and Yusei. They all had inherit talents when it came to dueling, there was no way someone who was getting into the card game could relate with them. I mean they would be more apt to feel more connected to Joey, Syrus or Leo, the characters who had no talent in the begining but had to work in order to get better. Honestly I like how they make him lose sometimes, after all the "Heart of the Cards" doesn't always pull through. But they could of made him win at least a few more duels in the beginning. Overall, good anime and decent follow up to 5D's

Yeah Yuma has grown. But if you think about it the only real loses he has had were against Shark and Kite. All his other loses were in battles that he wasn't going serious.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
It's probably because duels in the original lasted longer and had more interesintg effects. The mishmashed cards with super OP spells and traps were better than the swarm til you get a xyz at any cost.

Emphasis mine. They lasted longer because they were more drawn-out, true, but DM was the era where effect monsters were very basic and very cheap, and where half the cards played didn't match up rule-wise with their TCG counterparts. I tend to consider them more like "beta duels," myself, since early DM in particular was when they were still kind of sorting out all the rules for the game.

Arguably, it depends whether you prefer complicated and strategic, or glorified beatstick contest. The latter is much easier to understand, but the former can also lend to characterization of the duelists involved a lot more.

BlueWartortle

ぶル ワルとルツル
YuGiOh finally seems real! More accordance to rules, less unexplained luck from both sides (well, not really :)) and futuristic enviroment never seen before.
Nice hairdos and okay storyline, it's definitely better than its predecessor (f*ck Synchro Monsters! f*ck motorcycles!)

Yep, this 5D's hater likes ZEXAL enough to put it in the usertitle...

SmartD

I watched the dub episode "Welcome to the Jungle" today. Dextra duels Vetrix; even with her powerful combo, she loses to Vetrix and her memories. That's terrible.

Did anyone watch it?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
less unexplained luck from both sides (well, not really :))

yeah, if anything, in Zexal we get a ton more unexplained luck from both sides.

One of the worst offender is episode 89, Yuma VS Shadow Giant duel, both Yuma and the giant got all the cards they need....IN THE FIRST TURN.
Yuma even summoned TWO Numbers within his first turn, and both Numbers are Rank 6!! The amount of luck in that Duel is just ridiculous.

NeoDude-5000

Speaking of Barian's did anyone watch the latest Japanese episode? A real Star Wars Episode V-esque moment in that episode, shocking, possibly the most shocking in Yu-Gi-Oh!'s history since Jaden's transformation in The Supreme King

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Shocking? Not so much really, ever since Vector's Barian form is revealed, many people already guessed it. Dat hairstyle

J Ken

RAVE
Shocking? Not so much really, ever since Vector's Barian form is revealed, many people already guessed it. Dat hairstyle

Yeah true. But Vector's delivery in revealing the truth while mocking Yuma with Rei's voice was priceless. I'm really loving the Barians. Misael refused to use the card that negated the field spell eff just to one up Kite and Durbe is showing off his skill. I hope Shark and Kite both win their battles it looks like they are getting spotlight in the next episode.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Durbe is showing off his skill.

.....said "skill" involves summon spam using monster that special summons another monster from his hand.

Just like what 99% of Zexal duels is.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I'm personally wondering what Durbe's stake in the whole thing is, particularly with Shark. The other two duels have personal basis -- Yuuma and Vector for... obvious reasons, and Kaito and Mizael because they've kind of become rivals in their "trade," for better or for worse. But since we know absolutely nothing about Durbe yet, I'm curious as to whether he has some connection to either Shark or Rio. Especially since the show has been so tight-lipped about the circumstances of Rio's accident, which I'm pretty sure has been on everyone's minds for a while now... It strikes me as suspicious.

SmartD

I watched "Portal of Doom" yesterday. They kept Byron Arclight and Quinton's real name Chris in the dub.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I've watched about 30 episodes of the dub and about 15 subbed. Can I ask if there's any real difference Zexal-wise? If you can tell me without inducing spoilers.

Last edited:

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Well in some episodes they change the dialogue to add jokes or change how a character is. But this series is closer to the original then any of the other series were.

Thanks. Just prefer watching dubs in general, and wanted to know if I was going to miss out on anything.

(Oddly enough, I don't mind watching live action foreign films subbed as much. I must just be strange.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.